Power Cleans..

Rokomuscle1

I was thinking of adding them into my workouts... my question is..should I do on Back/Bi day..or Chest/should/tri day?? I ALWAYS start my back day with deadlifts... what do you guys think?

Do them on back day. Cleans are one of the best exercises of all.

A champion powerlifter and bodybuilder trains at my gym. On his advice, I always start my back workouts with cleans or deadlifts, alternating weeks. Once in a while I get really frisky and do both in one workout, but they are both so taxing that its rare to do both.

Since I started doing cleans my mid and upper back has got thicker and better defined.

ya do power cleans on back day with deadlifts on alternating weeks, you will get some explosive growth. Like Trevdog said

I have added high pulls, kind of like a clean but without bringing it up at the end. You end in a shrug, i can go much heavier than i would be able to in a clean, and since i am really trying to get my deadlift numbers up, it seems to be a good addition.

jcp2 said:
I have added high pulls, kind of like a clean but without bringing it up at the end. You end in a shrug, i can go much heavier than i would be able to in a clean, and since i am really trying to get my deadlift numbers up, it seems to be a good addition.
cool , seems to be helping the dead huh ?

I'm not disagreeing, they can go on most any day since they're a total body movement, but for me:

Chest day: clean n press, bench
Back day: rows, pulldown/chins
Legs day: deads, squats

DEVILtrainer666 said:
cool , seems to be helping the dead huh ?

Just started doing them 2 weeks ago. I am doing deads off a platform, and sumos. Also started goodmornings, glute ham raises, pull throughs, and some other goodies. I am 6'3 and althought my deadlift is around 550, my weak point is my ass, and getting it the first couple of inches. I want to break 600 by christmas.

In my opinion, they are a primary exercise for Traps, so I'd add them to that portion of your routine. If you do Back/Traps on the same day as many guys do, then I'd recommend not doing both Deads and Cleans. You'd definitely be pushing the bounds on overtraining if you did(imo).

Trevdog said:
Do them on back day. Cleans are one of the best exercises of all.

Since I started doing cleans my mid and upper back has got thicker and better defined.

Oh yeah, love power cleans, hanging cleans, seated DB cleans and even snatches from time to time.

jcp2 said:
Just started doing them 2 weeks ago. I am doing deads off a platform, and sumos. Also started goodmornings, glute ham raises, pull throughs, and some other goodies. I am 6'3 and althought my deadlift is around 550, my weak point is my ass, and getting it the first couple of inches. I want to break 600 by christmas.
im going to add sumos and good mornings . i do like the idea of alternating cleans and deads to .
normally i do regular deads but my ass is also tiny , its wierd with big legs/wide hips then this tiny butt that makes my pants sag in the rear like an trucker ass but with the big legs i hate it & been squatting for years , frustrating !:mad:

Back