Preferred Long Term T-Level Range?

jkmola

49 yrs old. My question - is there a preferred range of T-levels in your blood? Does there come a point where if T is too high, that concerns start to pop up - like prostate issues for example? My friend who has been in the game a looooong time, says criuising around in the 800's is good for long term. I'm currently in the low 1400's. He also says that with a lower level there is not really any bloat like you would get from higher levels, and most likely no need for Aromatase inhibitor (AI) (currently adex). Just looking for info on pros and cons of running at a higher range, or a more "normal" range - if there is such a thing. Thanks.

Cholesterol, male pattern baldness, high hematocrit, estrogen concerns, side efffects from accessory drugs like aromatose inhibitors, further decreased HPTA function, and some would claim cancer risks increase at levels outside of the accepted range.

There's differing opinions. Many on this site are just running glorified cycles and love being at the 1200-1600 range. A 'clinic' was just shut down in Tennessee that had their average clients total T count around 1400.

What is accepted by the medical community at large is much lower than what the anti-aging and muscle building types of groups will accept.

Cliff notes; less is more if you're going to be on drugs for a lifetime. If you're going to run a cycle, run your cycle and then go back to the least amount of drugs possible. People are concerned of 8-14 weeks cycles but somehow aren't concerned at being at supraphysiological T levels for the next 40 years for some reason.

You'll hear differing opinions but I'd argue that there are no very long term studies that accurately identify the risks of constant elevated T levels over a 20 year+ time horizon. So it's mostly just conjecture based on shorter term studies.

Cholesterol, male pattern baldness, high hematocrit, estrogen concerns, side efffects from accessory drugs like aromatose inhibitors, further decreased HPTA function, and some would claim cancer risks increase at levels outside of the accepted range.

There's differing opinions. Many on this site are just running glorified cycles and love being at the 1200-1600 range. A 'clinic' was just shut down in Tennessee that had their average clients total T count around 1400.

What is accepted by the medical community at large is much lower than what the anti-aging and muscle building types of groups will accept.

Cliff notes; less is more if you're going to be on drugs for a lifetime. If you're going to run a cycle, run your cycle and then go back to the least amount of drugs possible. People are concerned of 8-14 weeks cycles but somehow aren't concerned at being at supraphysiological T levels for the next 40 years for some reason.

You'll hear differing opinions but I'd argue that there are no very long term studies that accurately identify the risks of constant elevated T levels over a 20 year+ time horizon. So it's mostly just conjecture based on shorter term studies.

what risks from aromatose inhibitors?

See this is the difference between guessing and actually knowing people that have been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) 20+ years.......... You can guess, but anyone can guess. Each person is different but most will tell you to keep it under 200mg for the long term, just as Watson will claim.

Why do you generalize "these muscle building type?" Are saying that is mostly what is here in this forum? If so you may not now the place you frequent as well as you think you do. The average person interested in or taking testosterone are your average white collar men, along with law enforcement, that care about their physical well being. Does this mean they are muscle building types?

A 'clinic' was just shut down in Tennessee that had their average clients total T count around 1400.

Can you provide a reference for this please? I am only aware of 1 clinic in TN that got shut down, or had a cease and desist issued. They were advertising their programs as superior to all others, and you can not do that. I would be curious as to how someone can tell a doctor what is right and what is wrong? I am pretty sure they are fine as long as the follow the state medical board recommendations, even then I do not think its legal action unless they are just writing 6 months worth of stuff..........

Last edited:
Hey The-Det-Oak, I tried PM you but it won't let me. Can you please PM me? Interested in the Low T.

Back