Preventing Muscle catabolism on T3

Animal1852

I have been on T3 for 9 days, all my lifts went down significantly. I don't know if this is something mental as I expected it, or if its the caloric restriction, the lack of carbs or a result of all those. My weight is decreasing but I am shocked at the amount of strength I have lost. I was going to add Clen also.

I up-ed my Test E to a gram/week and I am also on 50mgs of proviron, which will be bumped to 75mg by next week. I am also on 100mgs of Anavar (var) yet I am still having trouble retaining my strength and size. I have heard people complain about this, but I am still amazed at how drastic the change in my strength was. Any ideas to counter this?

This is the T3 protocol I am running.

Week 1- 50mcg
Week 2 - 75mcg
Week 3-4 - 100mcg
Week 5- 75mcg
Week 6 - 50 - 25 mcg

I have a shredded knee right now and am limited in cardio with the bike and swimming. I can do light running also but I don't have access to a pool for another month. At this point should I not go higher than 75mcgs since I am experiencing a severe drop in strength and muscle size what do you guys think?

diet + low carbs + mental placebo = loss in strength. if you are cutting, give up on strength for a bit, it all comes back. and quit walking into the gym with a defeated attitude otherwise you will be just that....defeated. and you have a whole host of options to contribute it to, but its mostly in your head. dont up your doses.

t3 is mild. in my opinion, all catabolism attributed to it is just over all loss of size that comes with losing bf. the problem is that we attribute alot of our fat when we are bulky to being muscle. when we diet, we don't have anything left to hide under so we assume that something must have eaten all of our muscle bc we are so certain that we are bigger than that right?...truth is, thats the real amount of muscle we really have. welcome to the cutting mind frame, youre fine.

diet + low carbs + mental placebo = loss in strength. if you are cutting, give up on strength for a bit, it all comes back. and quit walking into the gym with a defeated attitude otherwise you will be just that....defeated. and you have a whole host of options to contribute it to, but its mostly in your head. dont up your doses.

t3 is mild. in my opinion, all catabolism attributed to it is just over all loss of size that comes with losing bf. the problem is that we attribute alot of our fat when we are bulky to being muscle. when we diet, we don't have anything left to hide under so we assume that something must have eaten all of our muscle bc we are so certain that we are bigger than that right?...truth is, thats the real amount of muscle we really have. welcome to the cutting mind frame, youre fine.

Dtone, thanks for the feedback and help. I think your right, we work so hard for so many weeks and when we start to regress in our strength, no matter how hard we are hitting the weights, its a depressing feeling. But I am trying to stay focused on the goal and the finish line thank you for your response.

Great post stone. I secon what he said about caloric/carb intake. If I don't get my meals in I definatly without a doubt notice a difference in the gym almost immediatly

Just my perspective, but T3 certainly seems to aggressively reduce muscle mass as compared to other weight loss chemicals like the beta2 agonists. Which is why I would only use T3 while taking test, but you're already doing that I see.

Just my perspective, but T3 certainly seems to aggressively reduce muscle mass as compared to other weight loss chemicals like the beta2 agonists. Which is why I would only use T3 while taking test, but you're already doing that I see.

is it possible to consider that t3's effects on metabolism more aggressively reduces glycogen stores, making the muscle appear flat, when compared to the effects of beta2's?

whats your stats Animal?

What sort of cal intake you on now, whats ur macro ratios?

Weight: 198lbs at 14-16% BF
Height: 5'8"
Currently on my 3rd cycle

Cal intake:
Carbs: ~15%, 80mgs or less trying to bring it down to 20mgs
Fats: ~35% 100mgs will cut down to 80mgs in the next 2 weeks
Protein: ~50% 300mgs-350mgs will stay consistent through out.

Half a baked potato every 3rd day for carb up. Fats are from primarily almonds and pistachios. Protein is from grilled chicken beans deli sliced turkey and protein shakes. Veggies include carrots, spinach, lettuce, onions, tulips and many more. Carbs are from 1/4 cup of PWO fruit, oatmeal in the morning, 100% whole wheat bread and pasta.

Goals: to cut to 8-10% BF

I feel like I may be cutting to aggressively, esp if I go down to 20mgs of carbs a day.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you to all who have left feedback thus far.

It is not in his head. I can't give the scientific explanation, but I lost a SHITLOAD of strength on T3/T4 on the same cycle he is doing. I did not lose size, but strength noticeably down and less endurance. However, I also lost a lot of fat. I didnt worry about it - when I quit my 6 week cycle, strength came back. I had a whole post/log on this a few weeks back.

Dude- dont sweat it - if your not a powerlifter, who cares - you'll lose fat now, and get the strength back later

I have been on T3 for 9 days, all my lifts went down significantly. I don't know if this is something mental as I expected it, or if its the caloric restriction, the lack of carbs or a result of all those. My weight is decreasing but I am shocked at the amount of strength I have lost. I was going to add Clen also.

I up-ed my Test E to a gram/week and I am also on 50mgs of proviron, which will be bumped to 75mg by next week. I am also on 100mgs of Anavar (var) yet I am still having trouble retaining my strength and size. I have heard people complain about this, but I am still amazed at how drastic the change in my strength was. Any ideas to counter this?

Week 1- 50mcg
Week 2 - 75mcg
Week 3-4 - 100mcg
Week 5- 75mcg
Week 6 - 50 - 25 mcg

I have a shredded knee right now and am limited in cardio with the bike and swimming. I can do light running also but I don't have access to a pool for another month. At this point should I not go higher than 75mcgs since I am experiencing a severe drop in strength and muscle size what do you guys think?

first of all i really don't knwo why u chose t3 over so many other options. i never liked t3 and think it should be used in external situations only....over weight people wanting to lose weight. not lean bodybuilders wanting to cut. look at what ure doing, even at a ridiculous dose of test weekly u still suffer from a burning caloric diet. t3 is buring ure calories, carbs, and proteins faster than ure probably consuming them. get off the t3 and switch with something else.

nothing better than a good diet to loose fat.

cycle help. but T3 is worst, i have it. i will nomore use it.

first of all i really don't knwo why u chose t3 over so many other options. i never liked t3 and think it should be used in external situations only....over weight people wanting to lose weight. not lean bodybuilders wanting to cut. look at what ure doing, even at a ridiculous dose of test weekly u still suffer from a burning caloric diet. t3 is buring ure calories, carbs, and proteins faster than ure probably consuming them. get off the t3 and switch with something else.

for the first time, i have to disagree. i think this comment is a bit exaggerated. i had my bloods done while on 100mcg t3 ed and all thyroid levels were within mid-normal range...i would hardly call it 'powerful'. and if it were to be using calories faster than you could consume them, i'd be a skinny little Ethiopian kid on the commercials right now. but i can introduce it, ramp it up to 125mcg/day and notice hardly any difference in weight loss...if any. i dont see much use for it and i dont recommend people use it bc it has an awful lot of hype associated with it, that is simply not true.

nothing wrong with disagreeing bro. sure it was exagerated when i said its probably buring more calories than he's consuming. i think someone not knowing anything about steroids would be able to tell thats impossible and was only used in the context to show its ability to burn calories.

clen and t3 doses differ fro EVERYBODY which is one of the main reasons why most of us slowly increase, if we can't tolerate it at a certain level we drop the dose back down. animal's situation i'm betting anything is all due to his t3 and if he's noticing the symptoms he's mentioning than i wouldn't even take the dose down, i'd stop it all together. and it's not all in his head like u said.

u can take 200mcg and claim good blood tests but that doesnt mean the next man can so much as take 70mcg's of t3. and it's not over hyped. t3 is strong. studies prove this.

can u explain why he's feeling the way he is even at 1000mg of test a week????

Scarz, Kane, Dtone Im happy to see your feedback on this.

First let me give the current scenario
- Getting ~7hours of sleep a night
-The test is legit -I am on 500mg/weeek of Iran and 500mg/week of ****
-The Anavar (var) I have ran before bangor labs, g2g

-So the problem is not the gear.

- This started when I ramped up the dose to 75mcg this week. but this is my third day and I was better in the gym than the first day at 75. I felt I could go longer and wasnt exhausted after the first 5 sets in fact I was able to put up almost the same weight as I did before the T3 (Back day :love: )

The only carbs I consumed today was half a bowl of 100% whole grain rice in the morning and the 10g's in the chicken marinade. So I think I am having trouble with maintaining the right balance of carbs and may be going too low.

Scarz, I appreciate that read it was very good. I took the measures that it listed taurine, clen var, ramping up slowly etc and I also noticed what it said about muscle look; the completely flat smaller look I have had and the pumps not being as profound. I have noticed this, so the T3 with the lack of carbs is definitely doing that. I have been noticing that the last few days in the gym and that article finally helped me put a finger on it. Scarz like the article said its going to burn alot more muscle than fat at 10% or less BF so currently at my lowest measurement I was around 14% and highest 16%. I think i will cut it short from the initial 6-7 weeks to just 2-3 more weeks. Do you think the clen with a good diet and cardio will take care of the rest in the next 5 weeks and help me get under 10%? Or Will that be cutting too aggressively and make me lose more muscle?

Guys I really appreciate all the help and time everyone is putting into this thread, Thank you.

it's not all in his head like u said.

u can take 200mcg and claim good blood tests but that doesnt mean the next man can so much as take 70mcg's of t3. and it's not over hyped. t3 is strong. studies prove this.

can u explain why he's feeling the way he is even at 1000mg of test a week????

never thought I would have a show down with you, but i suppose it was bound to happen at some point.

you and i both know that everything affects your strength. you walk into the gym, you may be a bit weaker bc there were pickles on your sandwich, your boss yelled at you, or you couldn't get it up the night before with your chick. strength is dependent upon countless extraneous variables. so after reading a bunch of bogus skewed info on forums and being loaded with a bunch of drugs you may not know particularly a lot about, if you are weak that day it is easiest to contribute it to the things you don't understand. that is the way the human mind works, we fear what we don't understand yet have the mental capacity to construct anything out of ignorance.

i am aware that certain drugs and certain doses affect individuals differently. but humans are humans with nearly identical physiological compositions. meaning that unless my thyroid is completely inactive normally, taking 100mcg's t3 3 hours prior to a blood test, should have at least a minimal affect on thyroid levels...and it didn't.

studies also prove that placebo's are nearly always as effective as control groups.

his story sounds extremely similar to mine when I was on 1.2grams of gear a week. my symptoms were blatantly caused by enormous carb/cal deficit and surplus in physical activity. keep in mind that just as gear can be euphoric at times for some individuals, it can also be heavily depressive resulting in observable limitations in physical abilities.

its all in your head.

lol @ showdown

it can swing both ways dtone. only animal will be able to tell if he's in need of a shrink lol.

i can't deny ure post dude, it's open to interpretation. when i make a statement it's "usually" backed by evidence. but i'm not at all denying ure post. i understand it and agree with it, only not in this situation.

Week 1- 50mcg
Week 2 - 75mcg
Week 3-4 - 100mcg
Week 5- 75mcg
Week 6 - 50 - 25 mcg

Ill NEVER go over 50mcg! not worth it.
wk1 25mcg ed
wk2-6 50mcg ed.
if i was using it like you are for 6 weeks

Back