Private blood testing labs in Canada

Unrelentless

I have always gone through a regular doc for testing in the past but for reasons I am looking for a private testing lab to have my blood levels checked.

Does anyone have a reputable place to get private blood tests done within Canada? Western Canada if that matters.

Appreciate any help

I haven't been able to find anywhere that is reputable. I know this is likely a result of our Healthcare system but I cant figure out for the life of me why a lab wouldn't accept money from someone without a requisition from a doctor.

I haven't been able to find anywhere that is reputable. I know this is likely a result of our Healthcare system but I cant figure out for the life of me why a lab wouldn't accept money from someone without a requisition from a doctor.

are there no blood labs in Seattle perhaps? How far is Seattle from your place?

are there no blood labs in Seattle perhaps? How far is Seattle from your place?

I was considering that but im unsure how they would treat me crossing the US border for that purpose and also for getting the results. It would be a considerable drive for me, ill put it that way.

Last edited:
I was consideding that but im unsure how they would treat me crossing the US border for that purpose and also for getting the results. It would be a considerable drive for me, ill put it that way.

How about using a blood lab in Seattle and shipping your blood to them? ive heard of that before. privatemdlabs perhaps?

It costs money but go to a naturopath and get them to get you in for blood work. No other way as far as I know. Letsgetchecked doesnt do Canada anymore

It costs money but go to a naturopath and get them to get you in for blood work. No other way as far as I know. Letsgetchecked doesnt do Canada anymore

I will be looking into that tomorrow morning as soon as things open up, thats a great piece of advice. Much appreciated!

How about using a blood lab in Seattle and shipping your blood to them? ive heard of that before. privatemdlabs perhaps?

This will be a great follow up depending on how the naturopath idea suggsted by A.B pans out. It would avoid seeing my regular GP which is the goal.

Youll be happy. Just remember they work for you and you get the bloodwork you want. Many drs and naturopathic drs try to dictate what you should have but no. Its your body and money get the tests you want

Just an update for all those following

I made an appointment with a NP last week, it was a very simple in and out. I used the old feeling fatigued, low stamina etc excuses and requested a requisition for a blood panel. From there I specified what all I wanted to be tested since I was paying for it and thats it.

The only trick is waiting for an appointment slot to open up at a place I can get it drawn as the wait times are 1month+ in western Canada currently.

Will update everyone when I have more news

Just an update for all those following

I made an appointment with a NP last week, it was a very simple in and out. I used the old feeling fatigued, low stamina etc excuses and requested a requisition for a blood panel. From there I specified what all I wanted to be tested since I was paying for it and thats it.

The only trick is waiting for an appointment slot to open up at a place I can get it drawn as the wait times are 1month+ in western Canada currently.

Will update everyone when I have more news

wait time of 1 month. wow. how many people are getting tests done that the lab is so busy? :dunno:

Back