Question for my girlfriend regarding calves

evansss

GET BIG
shes got muscular legs from playing soccer...more specifically her calves...is there anything she can do to tone em up or make them smaller..i cant think of anything other than dieting down...thanks in advance ladies.

great question lol..

isolation is a bitch!! especially if you are trying to go the other way... i hate to say it, but it is quite hard to spot reduce... that is a myth for the most part..

isolate to gain is another story..

but if she wants to reduce the size of her muscles... less excertion from that particular muscle group.. meaning, no activities that specifically stimulate the calves in a resistance type exercise ie: spin, running, lifting etc.. Diet and fat loss will help.. but its gonna take time for the muscles to get smaller; especially if they are activated daily..

good luck sweetie!
super

so then its probably easier to just get em nice n shapely through working out rather than what you suggest which is basically letting them atrophy...

I would let them atrophy but even then thats kinda hard because you use your calves in pretty much everything. I dont even use any iso exercise for calves but they are huge

My fiance wanted to do that same thing. She was a dancer and had the same type of legs. I tweaked her diet. Then I started her with some pylometrics, circuit training, and boxing. It has worked great...

We just switched it up again and are now trying strength, power, endurance routines (ex. of set 1: squats, jump squat, 3 min run, 1 min rest)
Completely shocking her enegry systems..

Wish I could tell you exactly why this has worked, but iv'e only tried it with her so far.

plz post what you end up trying

I found this a strange subject, because, (1) most BBs have trouble with calves being too small, and (2) for me, a large gastroc in women is beautiful (too many women have ugly, scrawny calves, which is a real problem with light women BBers--'course, that's just me, and not the average judge).

I disagree with an earlier poster. I think fast cadence cycling 50+ miles a week can actually reduce the circumference of the calf.

Last edited:
My gf had the same problem mostly with her upper legs when she did weights so I asked Monica Brant what to do at last years Arnold.She said no weights and cardio like running with sprints diet has a factor to so her carbs should be good carbs(greens)

Delt-Force said:
I found this a strange subject, because, (1) most BBs have trouble with calves being too small, and (2) for me, a large gastroc in women is beautiful (too many women have ugly, scrawny calves, which is a real problem with light women BBers--'course, that's just me, and not the average judge).

I disagree with an earlier poster. I think fast cadence cycling 50+ miles a week can actually reduce the circumference of the calf.
I have a problem with building my calves for sure. Calves is my weakest area in the legs!

Delt-Force said:
All the women i have worked with that have done spin increased the size of their legs and calves... Perhaps their diets were not as good as they reported to me, but one can never know what our clients really do when we're not around lol..

me personally i hate spin and cycling so i can't talk from personal experience... But me personally do NOT train my calves at all lol.. they grow simply from other leg training and any cardio i do... plus running the nyc streets in high heels always helps ;)

supes

Back