Question for you stericup guys

NYCEE

Brewing.....
Ive been using them for a while now. Is it me, or do i lose a lot more gear when using stericups for filtering. Seems like i lose like 7-10cc's for every 100cc i run through it. Maybe im just buggin...

stericups have a big filter thus it holds a lot there.
altough never noticed that much...

well, but in 100ml 7ml isn't that much either... it's good for making a cup of tea in the stericup, to dip some brownies.

I figured it was the larger filter size too. 10% loss is significant with higher concentration gear haha. No big deal though, i was just wondering if it was normal.

Deep South Chris said:
what about filtering plain oil first so the filter is saturated with the oil and wont hold the hormone rich oil...?
I was going to suggest priming the filter first as well. I was told to do this over at OSBB. Actually, its good to do before and after any filtering I was told.

Those who oppose? Those that Agree?

Thanks,
Sprt

Run a touch of oil through it later, and make sure to let it all drip down. I love stericups.

Mudge said:
Run a touch of oil through it later, and make sure to let it all drip down. I love stericups.

Ill use this method..Thanks.. Stericups make me regret ever using the whatmans...

those are bottle top filters correct? if so i use them and always end up with less than im suppost to.

is it hormone we loose also or only oil??

i ripped the filter out before to look at it and i dont get where the hell it goes.

i wanna make test that is very accurate for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), should i use a whatman instead? have any suggestions?

Last edited:
You will lose a little hormone and oil since it is already in solution.. You can purge it like mudge says, but that can lead to a very very very minor drop in dose... I wouldnt worry about it, especially when making a lot at a time.

simpllyhuge said:
i wanna make test that is very accurate for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), should i use a whatman instead? have any suggestions?

You are going to use so little on HRT that a Whatman wont be a big deal.

I love the stericups, the vacuum does all the work. Just gotta let it sit awhile and voila!

so running saving a few mls of oil and runnin it through at the end will be sufficent. ive been leaving like 10mls out of the initial mix and then added at the end.

noticed the same thing...but the easy of stericups totally covers the loss for me:0...damn i really hated those syringe-filters..

Back