Questions for 3J........ Hellllllllp

LANDSCAPE1

I have a diet, whom my buddy is getting shredded on. . Could u tell me your thoughts? ?

Training Days

Meal 1. 4eggs/1whole egg
40g oatmeal
1serving fruit

Meal 3. 115gchicken breast
150g sweet potato
3 fish oils

Post workout meal
1scoop myofusion(25g protien/5g carbs) 1.5g fat
40g carbs

Meal 4. 140g tuna
130g white rice *****
3 fish oils

Meal 5. 115g lean ground beef
28g cheddar cheese
1 cup veggies/salad

Meal 6. 1 scoop protien
15g natty peanut butter

Off days
Meal 1. 6 egg whites
40g oatmeal

Meal 2. 1scoop protien
1 serving fruit
15g natural peanutbutter

Meal 3. 115g chicken breast
150g russet potatoes
3 fish oils

Meal 4. 115g chicken breast
14g raw almonds
1cup veggies/salad

Meal 5. 115g top sirloin
14g raw pecans
1cup veggies/salad

Meal 6. 1 scoop protien
15g natural peanutbutter
3 fishoils

Last edited:
Allllrighty then
Now my questions

Is this a keto?

Why is he demanding white rice vr's brown rice?
What can i sub the cheese for?

Why does he say blueberries on off days, then (any) fruit on training days?

Whats really the difference between natty peanutbutter, and regular? I mean its the same nutritional content lesser a little salt??

On training days this is set up for lifting at 12-1pm
how can i swap around for 5-6pm?

Can't answer the other stuff but there is a big difference between natural pb and regular. Regular pb has a ton of added sugar and sodium.

I can give some insight, unless ofcourse you wanna walk around like life is a total mystery the rest of your life.

Now, due to the fitness industry shoving B.S down our throats to sell there crap, and remember they are selling products (that and only that).

1. You don't need to eat 6 meals a day (infact, I sometimes only eat 1 meal a day)
2. You don't need to eat 1gram of protein per pound of bodyweight (really, cause if I don't my body will start eating away my hard earned muscle??? REALLY???)

So maybe your buddy is doing well on a structured diet designed for him, will it work for you? Not sure! The only reason he is shredded on it, is because he is eating less calories then he is burning per day, that is it, that's all, that is the secret!!!!

Figure out how many calories you burn per day via BMR (google it) and eat less then that, and you will lose weight. 1 pound of fat is 3500 calories, so reduce that many calories from your diet per week, and you can expect to lose 1 pound of fat per week.

Think about this, have you ever watched Survivor? The Contestants eat around 500-800 calories a day for 30-30 days, very low on protein (compared to the 1 gram per pound of bodyweight we need, lol) and they lose a lot of bodyfat, very little muscle???? That's weird or is it? Nope, our bodies are designed to burn the stored bodyfat first, and be muscle saving, not the other way around like the fitness industry tries to tell us.

I can give some insight, unless ofcourse you wanna walk around like life is a total mystery the rest of your life.

Now, due to the fitness industry shoving B.S down our throats to sell there crap, and remember they are selling products (that and only that).

1. You don't need to eat 6 meals a day (infact, I sometimes only eat 1 meal a day)
2. You don't need to eat 1gram of protein per pound of bodyweight (really, cause if I don't my body will start eating away my hard earned muscle??? REALLY???)

So maybe your buddy is doing well on a structured diet designed for him, will it work for you? Not sure! The only reason he is shredded on it, is because he is eating less calories then he is burning per day, that is it, that's all, that is the secret!!!!

Figure out how many calories you burn per day via BMR (google it) and eat less then that, and you will lose weight. 1 pound of fat is 3500 calories, so reduce that many calories from your diet per week, and you can expect to lose 1 pound of fat per week.

Think about this, have you ever watched Survivor? The Contestants eat around 500-800 calories a day for 30-30 days, very low on protein (compared to the 1 gram per pound of bodyweight we need, lol) and they lose a lot of bodyfat, very little muscle???? That's weird or is it? Nope, our bodies are designed to burn the stored bodyfat first, and be muscle saving, not the other way around like the fitness industry tries to tell us.

Im all for educating myself..thats why i am here.. So the more opinions the better... However, i disagree w the one meal a day, and Survivor... I have seen it, and those people look like hammered shit-not like a dieting bb. I think alot of them have lost muscle too in the process

Also, the 3500cal/1lb fat a week makes sense however, how many of each of the protiens/carbs/fats-to make up that 500-800 a day/to cut i would think is VERY important. Also, Im an ecto, and my body tends to wanna burn muscle quick, when cutting. make sense?

Also, my buddy is a Meso/strong/gains muscle easy.... he just eats like a bird... i think that why he is kicking ass with this diet... This is actually a big surplus in calories for him!

Last edited:
Also, this reminded me... Do you guys recommend a carb cycling, or just a cut(straight across the board/like iceman mentioned) diet when trying to cut the most efficiantly preserve muscle?

Can't answer the other stuff but there is a big difference between natural pb and regular. Regular pb has a ton of added sugar and sodium.

i compared the two i had... sugar is the same... salt is lesser 60mg..fiber is the same.. must be the oils in the mix??

Im all for educating myself..thats why i am here.. So the more opinions the better... However, i disagree w the one meal a day, and Survivor... I have seen it, and those people look like hammered shit-not like a dieting bb. I think alot of them have lost muscle in the process bigtime

Also, the 3500cal/1lb fat a week makes sense however, how many of each of the protiens/carbs/fats-to make up that 500-800 a day/to cut i would think is VERY important. Also, Im an ecto, and my body tends to wanna burn muscle quick, when cutting. make sense?

Also, my buddy is a Meso/strong/gains muscle easy.... he just eats like a bird... i think that why he is kicking ass with this diet... This is actually a big surplus in calories for him!
Not that it matters, this trainer trains some IFBB pros that actually place. . .
Just mentioned that because i dont buy into whatever just any old dickhead trainer says/hence why i am on here

Now that I think of it, your right, the contestants on survivor all held onto there fat, and lost all there muscle, duh (I swear I am blind sometimes)

Being an Ectomorph does not mean you burn muscle faster, it means you don't hold as much muscle naturally. It also means you have a better time at keeping yourself lean.

Seems I am just dumb, you already know everything already, so why are you on here asking questions? Maybe you can teach me something? Yes?

Now that I think of it, your right, the contestants on survivor all held onto there fat, and lost all there muscle, duh (I swear I am blind sometimes)

Being an Ectomorph does not mean you burn muscle faster, it means you don't hold as much muscle naturally. It also means you have a better time at keeping yourself lean.

Seems I am just dumb, you already know everything already, so why are you on here asking questions? Maybe you can teach me something? Yes?

Im not trying to get into a pissing match w you, just trying to tweak my diet. .
Yes most ecto's dont hold muscle natty, ill give u that. . Im the exception as far as when i diet, if i dont eat right or diet correctly i dont just burn strickly fat/i lose mass too. i wish that was the case. i do know people like that though... they turn into contest shape/model shape overnight, if they starve themselves/or miss meals/party etc. .
losing no quality mass what so ever

As far as Survivor. . i didnt mean they were fat, i ment they lost alot of muscle and fat. . once again, not like a bb(or a condishioned athlete)trying to diet down/recomp

Last edited:
Im not trying to get into a pissing match w you, just trying to tweak my diet. .
Yes most ecto's dont hold muscle natty, ill give u that. . Im the exception when it comes as far as when i diet, if i dont eat or diet correctly i dont just burn strickly fat/i lose mass too. i wish that was the case. i do know people like that though... they turn into contest shape overnight, if they starve themselves/or miss meals/party
losing no quality mass what so ever

As far as Survivor. . i didnt mean they were fat, i ment they lost alot of muscle and fat. . once again, not like a bb(or a condishioned athlete)trying to diet down/recomp

Haha, ok

Well, if your saying your body composition is different then everyone else, your wrong again. How about this, weigh yourself right now, and then fast for 3 days and weight yourself again, how much muscle did you lose???

If you diet hardcore, yes you will lose some muscle (most will be water which you will gain back quite quickly).

I am not going to repeat the answer to you, I gave it too you. If you think you can lose weight another way, please do tell, cause it goes against everything we no about weight loss.

Haha, ok

Well, if your saying your body composition is different then everyone else, your wrong again. How about this, weigh yourself right now, and then fast for 3 days and weight yourself again, how much muscle did you lose???

If you diet hardcore, yes you will lose some muscle (most will be water which you will gain back quite quickly).

I am not going to repeat the answer to you, I gave it too you. If you think you can lose weight another way, please do tell, cause it goes against everything we no about weight loss.

So bb just need to fast, no diet tweaking/cardio? Wow

As far as myself, I wish i had free access to a dexa scan, because i would prove you wrong. .

Do u also believe after a surgery, u dont lose any muscle.... just strictly fat(or even water weight)?
Also, im not looking to dehydrate/rebounding. . more about mastering my metabolism/Leaning out while remaining full
None the less... im in my 30's.... i feel like know my body, and i feel like 3j will get me dialed in, because ive learned mastering ones diet is a complex process

Last edited:
I wish i had free access to a dexa scan, because i would prove you wrong. .

Do u also believe after a surgery, u dont lose any muscle.... just strictly fat?
None the less... im in my 30's.... i know my body and i feel like 3j will get me dialed in

Ok, I don't have all night to argue with you, so I agree, you are unique, your body is completely different then everybody elses, you gain bodyfat just breathing, and you lose muscle farting too much, I get it. "your different"

Now, back to reality. I have broken both my arm and leg, both have lost a significant amount of muscle due completely to immobilization, absolutely nothing to do with my diet, not to mention I gained all the muscle back in a very very short period of time, no diet change (no extra protein or extra calories)

If you no your body so well, why all questions?

From where I am sitting, you seem to have no clue how to lose body fat, or how to "dial in" and don't want to hear the simple anwsers. So keep doing what your doing, cause you know it all, good luck.

well.. u say dumb things like eating 1 meal a day is ok and realize u said something dumb WHEN HE CORRECTED U.. so yea.. u had something to learn...

Ok, I don't have all night to argue with you, so I agree, you are unique, your body is completely different then everybody elses, you gain bodyfat just breathing, and you lose muscle farting too much, I get it. "your different"

Now, back to reality. I have broken both my arm and leg, both have lost a significant amount of muscle due completely to immobilization, absolutely nothing to do with my diet, not to mention I gained all the muscle back in a very very short period of time, no diet change (no extra protein or extra calories)

If you no your body so well, why all questions?

From where I am sitting, you seem to have no clue how to lose body fat, or how to "dial in" and don't want to hear the simple anwsers. So keep doing what your doing, cause you know it all, good luck.

breaking one's arm doesnt constitute "surgery":D

Allllrighty then
Now my questions

Is this a keto?
absolutely not.. keto diets run with very very low carbs
Why is he demanding white rice vr's brown rice?
its actually a smart move pwo and the meal after.. actually i dont like the dextrose pwo.. i would do the white rice pwo and do a complex carb after that.. white rice is a semi-simple carb.. breaks down easier, leading to a insulin spike.. after a workout an insulin spike will shuttle nutrients to ur muscles.. insulin is very anabolic if manipulated correctly
What can i sub the cheese for?
what'd u have in mind??? almonds?? avocado??
Why does he say blueberries on off days, then (any) fruit on training days?
well.. blueberries are good for you.. and u can have em in training days too.. it was just a choice on his part.. i dont agree with the russet potatoes on his off days though.. no need for a strong insulin spike on off days
Whats really the difference between natty peanutbutter, and regular? I mean its the same nutritional content lesser a little salt??
welter already answered this
On training days this is set up for lifting at 12-1pm
how can i swap around for 5-6pm?
so u wanna lift at 5-6pm?? simple.. do carbs for bfast, pre and post workout..

well.. u say dumb things like eating 1 meal a day is ok and realize u said something dumb WHEN HE CORRECTED U.. so yea.. u had something to learn...

I have been on a strict diet for 3 weeks now, 2 meals a day, my arms up from 15.2inches to 15.6inches and my waist is down 1inch.

I know it seems odd, but your body doesn't need food every 3 hours, that is why we store bodyfat in the first place.

The best thing you can do, is take a "FACT" and try to prove it wrong yourself, you would be surprised how much BS is really out there.

I am currently around 210 15%bf, eating 800-1000 calories a day (50-100 grams of protein) I should be losing all my muscle and becoming an skeleton, yet I am not. Weird every BB'er tells me the exact opposite.

Take a step outside the box, it's really a bunch of bs.

I have been on a strict diet for 3 weeks now, 2 meals a day, my arms up from 15.2inches to 15.6inches and my waist is down 1inch.

I know it seems odd, but your body doesn't need food every 3 hours, that is why we store bodyfat in the first place.

The best thing you can do, is take a "FACT" and try to prove it wrong yourself, you would be surprised how much BS is really out there.

I am currently around 210 15%bf, eating 800-1000 calories a day (50-100 grams of protein) I should be losing all my muscle and becoming an skeleton, yet I am not. Weird every BB'er tells me the exact opposite.

care to post a sample of your diet?. . Ill digest it/interested

so let me get this straight.. ur telling me ur eating at the level of a 12 year old female and ur gaining muscle mass??

u know im very patient with people and opened minded to opinions..

but i find that very hard to believe... u could have gone up from 15.2 to 15.6 based soley on water weight..

now i might not know any better (i mean, who am i right?? i havn't helped any people around here.. i havn't helped people lose 100lbs or gain 40lbs of lean muscle.. helped people contest prep.. or anything like that .. shit im new at this :baby: )

but seriously... that's horrible advice.. that's a horrible way to train.. uv been on that diet for 3 weeks huh?? keep it up.. let me know how i goes..

i wonder what'll happen to u when u start eating normally again with the hypervolumization that your body is gonna go through plus a crashed metabolism and lowered lbm.. ur gonna get fat..

or shit maybe ull eat like a 12 year old for the rest of ur life and look like snoop dogg.. whatta i know..

regardless... the way ur approaching ur diet is crap.. any nutritionist.. bodybuilder.. trainer.. or anything that resembles someone who even comes close to knowing anything about diet and training will say the same...

if u were to say like 4 bigger meals instead of 6 meals at the CALORIE RANGE THAT UR BODY NEEDS.. i would have been much more welcoming to the idea... not 1000 calories...

good luck with all that... enjoy ology

btw.. why exactly was it that u agreed that all the guys on survivor were just skin and fat eating 1 meal a day?? ur only eating one more... hummmmmmmmmm

so u wanna lift at 5-6pm?? simple.. do carbs for bfast, pre and post workout..

U mentioned complex carbs, after the white rice: like next meal? if so, thatll be alot of carbs post 7-8pm, is that ok?

Also, whats your thoughts on (mct) oils for fats threwout the day Vs's the natty pb, avocado , nuts etc?.. somebody mentioned no more than 25gms of sat fats/per day??
Maybe a faster cut, or better cholosterol values?

Thanks for all the tweaking!

Back