Questions regarding TRT. Just looking for info

louman

I am just looking for some info, nothing more
Please don't pass any judgments or jerk comments.

What is the average trt protocol for test E or c?
Is gel or injections preferred by MD?
Will the MD let me inject at home?
How often do they order blood work?

An the most important is what levels do they aim to keep you at?

Hard to answer this question because everything you ask varies so widely.

Can you narrow it down any? Are you planning on going to a GP, an Endo, a Uro, or a Clinic?

I can only answer these questions based on my own personal experience. Also, i am in Australia and the protocol might be different..

Most MD's will try start you off on Gels. You have to jump through the hoops to get on injections.
Yes the MD will provide you with training to inject at home, or you can always say your mum or girlfriend is a nurse... this worked for me.
Over here bloods is ordered only if you are experiencing problems, however i get them done every few months for my own piece of mind.
As for the Dose?? well they will only want to keep you at the low end of base line. They will not want to give you any more then you need to function at the lower end of the normal scale.

However, i am 42 and have a genuine reason for being on TRT. My quality of life has now increased significantly. I was overweight and could NOT loose weight for the reason that my T levels were non existent. I was tired all the time and had no energy.

Furthermore, i am now at the mercy of my doctor. I have to inject every week for the rest of my life. A small price to pay for normality.

I am just looking for some info, nothing more
Please don't pass any judgments or jerk comments.

What is the average trt protocol for test E or c?
Is gel or injections preferred by MD?
Will the MD let me inject at home?
How often do they order blood work?

An the most important is what levels do they aim to keep you at?

Ahh the stickies I always forget

Megatron is it too much to ask the doctor to keep my levels at 12-1500?
And I'm gonna bring in one of my bloods that has my total test at 12k I'm pretty sure he's gonna have a fit

And I'm gonna bring in one of my bloods that has my total test at 12k I'm pretty sure he's gonna have a fit

A test level of 12,000? That doctor will probably have you committed! Lol

"Doc, here is my blood work. My TT was 12K. Do you think I need to go on TRT?"

No --- that isn't going to work. I'm just guessing here, but are you thinking you are going to trick some doc to putting you on TRT so you can start getting your meds from a pharmacy?

No not at all. I basically have accepted due to my stupid cycling I am pretty sure I have shutdown
My natural test production. Basically I wanna come off AAS use and do it healthy under medical supervision.

And I have a history of anxiety, OCD, depression and body image/eating disorder/over exercising in the past. This in a way drove me to steroid use
At this time in my life I can not deal with low testosterone, no energy, and all the nasty sides that come with being shutdown.
I've been having some suicdal thoughts latley so I def need to cutdown to try dose but I can't handle coming off althofetjer right now I'm afraid it will send me over
The edge

And I have a history of anxiety, OCD, depression and body image/eating disorder/over exercising in the past. This in a way drove me to steroid use
At this time in my life I can not deal with low testosterone, no energy, and all the nasty sides that come with being shutdown.
I've been having some suicdal thoughts latley so I def need to cutdown to try dose but I can't handle coming off althofetjer right now I'm afraid it will send me over
The edge

You should talk to your family, doctor, friends, and anyone else you are close with about how you feel. Get help right away.

TRT is not going to be the magic bullet to all your problems. And the truth is, you are going to have to come off everything and demonstrate that you are hypogonadal before any doctor will put you on TRT.

The edge

Get help by all means, but be careful telling health professionals about your suicidal ideations, you could lose control of your treatment options very quickly.

Saw the endo, essentially told me to get off everything cold turkey
And come back In 6 months

My lsh and fsh at zero so I'm shutdown as expected

Most docs will try to start you on gel which is usually 2-4 pumps a day on your arms. Injections your looking on average of probably 100mg-150mg every 5-7 days, that is the average.

If you cycles before you know how it but TRT is kind of a life commitment of sorts. In your case you may want to look at a clomid restart instead of going on TRT.

Back