Quitting Smoking Cigs...

cumbgym

Anybody have a good plan to quit smoking cigarettes? I go off and on the nicotine patch and think maybe the patch makes it worse trying to quit. I love weightlifting but can't seem to get off the damn smokes.

I'm 50 and been in and out of the gym for 30 years. I'm on a 10 week cycle now and want to pack on some pounds but also want to get rid of the smokes..........any suggestions????????

Thanks!

Last time I quit I used xanax for the first few days to get me over the physical withdrawls and it helped a lot. I just stayed home kinda zoned for 3 days. Unfortunately, I'm smoking again...that quit didn't last long. I've tried the patch, nic. gum, Zyban, dwindling down...this last time was just cold turkey prior to surgery but I failed misserably...cold turkey is NOT for me. My friend is into homeopathic medicine and she owns a regular walk-in medical clinic. When I talked to her about the smoking, she suggesred that when the addiction is as bad as it is with someone like me (it's like a heroine addiction) that there's quite often a nutritional deficiency. I'm going to get with her within the next few weeks, see the doc., and combine it with hypnosis...after cutting back some over the next few weeks.

I'll let ya know how it goes...good luck to you and keep us posted! I know how hard it can be. I've been smoking since I was a freshman in high school and now I'm 37...I GOTTA quit! I've been able to do everything else that I've set my mind to, but this one has me beat. The only time I quit for any length of time was when I was pregnant and nursing.

when i tried i found it helped to sleep with the patch on, that way you dont get the killer cravings when waking up

sleeping with the patch on will make you tired as hell in the morning. It is like smoking for 24 hours straight with no sleep.

I have no will power when it comes to quitting! Sux to sneek one in in the restroom at a meet!!

I did Zyban, 3 weeks , I am 2 months into quitting. I have beat that monkey. No urges anymore, I smoked for 36 years 1 1/2 packs a day.

try the smoke away program i heard it works i'am going on it next month lol it better it worked for my friend i also think its the best out there because all the other stuff keep puttin the nic in ur body and this stuff takes it out

Sorry to barge in ladies but am in the same boat. Been looking into Smoke-Away seems to homeopathic(sp?) not sure if it will work for me. Anyone heard or know anything about hipnosis(now I know thats spelled wrong). I heard from some locals that it can be effective. Whats up?

When I wore the patch all night I work up with scary nightmares! Never did that again!

puddles,
how the hell did you start smoking? my friends smoke and do regualer drugs and stuff, but i never wanted to participate in it. they are cool people irrigardless though. one of my friends is a weekend alcoholic. i used to play futbol with her too. she is sooo effing funny when shes tipsy or hung over. oops,, thats kinda mean.

chichy

Here is the way to quit smoking...first of all you have to set a date that you will quit.... and stick to it.. then you the patch....and that night after you have smoked your last cigarette from the pack....you put the patch on and go to bed...make sure you have no cigs, butt around the house etc.....then that morning when you wake up.. you reach for a stick of gum that you had next to the bed instead of the cigs....and you chew...and all day you chew and chew and chew... when you get the urge you must throw a piece of gum into your mouth..the urge passes...and you continue doing this for about 3-4 days...then you get a weaker patch to put on at night..until you are done...it works...believe me......

That is true.....I have quit that way myself. The patch and gum. I also used a whole bag of blow pops! It help a great deal with the "hand to mouth" issue!

I used to smoke for 6 years and quit off of the patch.

My advice. Take a week off of the gym....

Cause as you know and I know, after lifting we crave those cigarettes.

also go with nicorette brand only!! the generic pieces of shit did nothing for me.

I also tried to sleep with the patch on....

When you wake up you crave the nicotine since the nicotine levels in your body reach zero -- with the patch on you wont have a strong craving in the morning.

Also, I know it's hard in the summer, but try to stay as cool as possible with the patch since those SOB's sweat off easily, and you wont get your full dose.

Back