R.I.P Classy Freddie Blassie

TheChosen1

Working on VET status!!!
It has just been announced on the WWE that one of the greatest wrestling managers of the WWE (F) has passed away. It's funny that he was on the show just 3 weeks ago and now, he's been called up in heaven to manage the other wrestlers who had passed before him.

R.I.P Classy 1. And be sure to give a High 5 from me to Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, Ms. Elizebeth, JYD, and Yukozuna when you get up there.

Last edited:
At least Classy went naturally. I hadn't heard about the big jap going done, what happened there?

The ! said:
At least Classy went naturally. I hadn't heard about the big jap going done, what happened there?

It was sad, bro.

Yokozona died several years ago of a heart attack. The sad part about it is that he wanted desperately to return to the WWF (wasn't WWE then) but there is a weight clause in their contract. Yokozuna had to lose (I think) about 150 pounds in order to be rehired by the WWF. He managed to lose 100 pounds but died before he can accomplish the goal that he had set.

Last edited:
chosen1 have you seen the tv special on tony atlas its sad hes been through some tuff times:(

I wonder if Yoko put his heart under stress trying to lose weight so fast. I used to watch JYD as a kid in the 80s. There is a site somewhere out there keeping track of wrestling deaths since the 70s I think, forgot where I saw it.

DADAWG said:
chosen1 have you seen the tv special on tony atlas its sad hes been through some tuff times:(

I think I remember what you're referring to, DADAWG. He had his own small wrestling school and independent production. I remember the documentary showed him preparing his students for a presentation and at a last minute, the company that was allowing them to wrestle cancelled. It was a sad looking situation, considering how popular he once was in the WWF. Hell, the man was a WWF tag team champion with Rocky Johnson (Father of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson).

Mudge, I noticed alot of info on www.cooldudesandhotbabes.com. The guy who owns that website used to work with my sister and kept sending it to her. One day, she forwarded it to me. And despite all of information on his web, he knew nothing about the time when Sting and Ultimate Warriors were a tag team. I sent him an email about it and gave him some facts about it and vio' la, he put it on his website. LOL

You may have to do a little searching but I know there's alot of info there, as well as links to other sites. I'm still looking for info there about The Big Boss Man. I had an argument with a guy on MM who refuses to believe that The Big Boss Man got his start on Mid-South as the bodyguard for Gen. Skandor Akbar long before going to the NWA as Jim Cornett's bodyguard.

Sting and the Ultimate Warrior? I never knew that one... I know Ultimate went out rather unpopular, but I saw his first match and motherfuck that was awesome. Of course its all "fake" but gee whiz, he ran into the ring and ripped the shit out of that dude, anyway I thought it was badass. Since I didn't see him I guess in his comeback years, I still think of him as the man.

Kinda off topic but does anyone remember when Jake the Snake made his debut on Saturday nights main event and made the JYD puke after he put the snake on him?

Even some of the most hardcore wrestling fans I know cant remember that whole episode.

I dont think I saw that but I do remember Jake the Snake, tall and not that beefy.

BiggieSwolls said:
Kinda off topic but does anyone remember when Jake the Snake made his debut on Saturday nights main event and made the JYD puke after he put the snake on him?

Even some of the most hardcore wrestling fans I know cant remember that whole episode.

I think I remember that, bro.

Alot of hardcore wrestling fans may not remember when JYD was a heel in Mid-South.

I remember seeing him every weekend coming to the ring with a wheelbarrel filled with junk and a GM Turbo-Hydromatic 350 automatic transmission on the top. He would kick his opponent's ass in about 3 minutes. And then drag him out of the ring, lie him in the barrel and put the transmission on top of the guy. Then he'll wheel the wheelbarrel to the commentator and tell him, "He's not worth wrestling here. I'm taking him to my plantation to work for me." I would die laughing every weekend.

DADAWG said:

btw Tony is a piece of shit for what he didnt do for bruiser brody.

Yokozuna wasnt a jap but a samoan.

VEGASbOY

VegasBoy said:
btw Tony is a piece of shit for what he didnt do for bruiser brody.

Yokozuna wasnt a jap but a samoan.

VEGASbOY

Not only that, VB, but Yokozuna was also "The Rock's" cousin.

VegasBoy said:
FORREAL!You aint fuckin with me are you.

HE doesnt look it.
Must be mixed.

VEGASbOY

Dwayne Johnson's dad, Rocky Johnson, is related to the Mighty Somoans, Afa & Seka. Yokozuna was Afa's nephew. I was at Afa's wrestling school's website yesterday where they are pictures and list of all of the nephews and relatives. And get this, one of the guys in 3 Minute Warning is also related to Rikishi and Rock. When I find that website again, I'll PM it to you.

Last edited:
Borden and Hellwig (Sting and The Warrior) were the Blade Runners when they used to tag.

Sting was Sting and the Warrior was Rock

BiggieSwolls said:

Bro, I don't think I was even alive when that match originally happened, but I DO remember seeing it on tape or something when I was about 3-4. Some of those things stick with ya.

Back