Recent pics........................

I just need.to bust out the complete daily.macro .content and write it out once again and figure out where I am at calorie wise
Just been busy with work and trying to see my daughter,.and everytime I start looking at the nutritional.values and.figuring out what I am.taking.in I always get interrupted or gym.then prep.my.meals for next day and sleep lol
I check.my weight once a week and obviously I am loosing weight
Down to 204lbs as of today but I like to go by the mirror and pinch.my fat with my caliper to Guage my.progress

Last edited:
Yeah man, fattier meats. Always add in "good" fats too, but you have a lot more flexibility in meat choices without carbs :D

Jay cutler was known to eat 5lbs of fish daily. Lol

If I could afford that I would.most Def lol
Love fish bit it's like 7-8 dollars a pound here for haddock or some good white fish, so I stick with can tuna or salmon
Can tuna $1.20
Salmon $2.20
Lol

Cutting = Less food, at least in this particular case.

Another reason I would take this route in your current financial ********** You may spend a little more on the different meats, but you'll be eliminating some food in the process. This will make up a little of the difference for you.

Instead of egg whites, do more whole eggs. Instead of chicken, do ground beef or ground chuck, fish, crustaceans, pork, bacon is okay too.

Just be mindful of the calories. 1g of fat is 9 calories. 1g of carbs or protein is 4. You'll be eating less actual food, but getting more calories per gram.

I wouldn't add any more protein. That's the beauty of it. You are financially bound.. so eliminate some calories, eat a little less, and keep training. It'll roughly even out cost-wise, just play it smart.

As far as fats, I generally do nuts (red skinned Spanish peanuts, almonds, some pistachios here and there, walnuts, etc), olive oil, coconut oil, a little peanut butter when I need a treat, and then really just fattier meats instead of all the lean meat choices we usually keep ourselves too.

I add in steak, lobster, shrimp, crab and so on.. but I understand you're ballin on a budget and these won't always be an option for you.

Utilize these expensive choices to treat yourself once or twice a month. It will keep you committed too, and you'll have something to look forward to, instead of an all out cheat meal where you carb out and blow ketosis.. just eat a really nice low/no carb meal.

Oh I almost forgot.. Butter! Butter is excellent too. And half and half, and heavy whipping cream.

I make Bulletproof coffee. 1tbsp heavy whipping cream, 1tbsp butter, and 1 tbsp MCT oil :D

I add in steak, lobster, shrimp, crab and so on.. but I understand you're ballin on a budget and these won't always be an option for you.

Utilize these expensive choices to treat yourself once or twice a month. It will keep you committed too, and you'll have something to look forward to, instead of an all out cheat meal where you carb out and blow ketosis.. just eat a really nice low/no carb meal.

Oh I almost forgot.. Butter! Butter is excellent too. And half and half, and heavy whipping cream.

I make Bulletproof coffee. 1tbsp heavy whipping cream, 1tbsp butter, and 1 tbsp MCT oil :D

Lobster and Crab got me through some very tough times when I first started Keto! I think my body was craving the omega 3's too. Shrimp was an awesome easy meal throughout Keto. Steam it and pack it up for lunch.

In the beginning when you still haven't broken the link that food = pleasure, meals like this can save the day. After enough time you get to the point where food = fuel and you don't even want too spend time in the kitchen or thinking about meals. Just get that protein in you!

I tend to spend more money on food when cutting. Mainly because I up my protein by about 100g in place of carbs, and increase my veggie intake. Carbs are cheap as hell....protein and quality produce tends to be more expensive.

Bulletproof coffee, this sounds divine and oh so good with all those good oils.

Back