Righto, I have the tools. But not the knowledge.

Hey bud, so you've gotten a lot of good feedback, and more than a few opinions. There seem to be a couple of themes here - like too many compounds for first time, too high body fat, maybe alternatives like getting diet in check and more cardio.

My take is this - first the test/deca/dbol cycle is the golden oldie people have been doing since the 70's at least, maybe 60's. You shouldn't do it because you don't know how to manage E2 on just test alone (i.e. no baseline for AI dosage), so you won't know how to dial it up a bit to take care of the dbol. You also won't know or appreciate what compound is doing what for you. And with high body fat managing E2 is going to be your #1 concern, so best to take just test and get bloodwork and establish what dose AI you need. This cycle is not the "worst cycle ever", or even a horrible choice for first cycle - it's more like learning to drive and getting a V8 mustang with a blower for your first car. Where do you go from there??? Maybe your second car is a lambo or ferrari (2nd cycle tren), then where from there??? Start out mild and if you decide later then you can ramp things up.

For body fat, I agree 20-25% describes a large amount of dudes out there. Yes a bit high, but manageable if you appreciate that excess fat will give excess estrogen conversion (and maybe high blood pressure and blood sugar control issues), so again control with AI. Get your dose figured out by trial & error and testing, and as body fat drops see how you can reduce it over time. Read the test stickies and you'll see a seldom discussed fact that you could inject a bunch of test and do nothing else at all and gain muscle and lose fat.

And lastly, your idea you only want to do 1 or 2 cycles. Might not play out that way because 1 you will probably like it, and 2 after you are done you will be both older (making less test), and possibly damaged in HPTA (making less test), so you may well want to continue. Seems to me like dipping toes into this field leads inevitably to TRT or blast & c***se.

Last edited:
Hey bud, so you've gotten a lot of good feedback, and more than a few opinions. There seem to be a couple of themes here - like too many compounds for first time, too high body fat, maybe alternatives like getting diet in check and more cardio.

My take is this - first the test/deca/dbol cycle is the golden oldie people have been doing since the 70's at least, maybe 60's. You shouldn't do it because you don't know how to manage E2 on just test alone (i.e. no baseline for AI dosage), so you won't know how to dial it up a bit to take care of the dbol. You also won't know or appreciate what compound is doing what for you. And with high body fat managing E2 is going to be your #1 concern, so best to take just test and get bloodwork and establish what dose AI you need. This cycle is not the "worst cycle ever", or even a horrible choice for first cycle - it's more like learning to drive and getting a V8 mustang with a blower for your first car. Where do you go from there??? Maybe your second car is a lambo or ferrari (2nd cycle tren), then where from there??? Start out mild and if you decide later then you can ramp things up.

For body fat, I agree 20-25% describes a large amount of dudes out there. Yes a bit high, but manageable if you appreciate that excess fat will give excess estrogen conversion (and maybe high blood pressure and blood sugar control issues), so again control with AI. Get your dose figured out by trial & error and testing, and as body fat drops see how you can reduce it over time. Read the test stickies and you'll see a seldom discussed fact that you could inject a bunch of test and do nothing else at all and gain muscle and lose fat.

And lastly, your idea you only want to do 1 or 2 cycles. Might not play out that way because 1 you will probably like it, and 2 after you are done you will be both older (making less test), and possibly damaged in HPTA (making less test), so you may well want to continue. Seems to me like dipping toes into this field leads inevitably to TRT or blast & c***se.

Good summary

While probably a good idea, I really don't think that'll be worth it. I generally know what I'm doing when it comes to diet and actual training. (ex-mil reservist and police... drop-out, I guess?) But otherwise that's a little more money than i'm willing to pour into this venture. I'm not wanting huge changed here.

If you don't want huge changes then why risk doing a cycle?

Fantastic amount of information there. Thanks! (I actually DO own a v8 mustang... with a blower haha, so that was a scary accurate analogy)

Maybe I'll look into the test only thing a little more. As I'm sure it'll accomplish what I want on it's own with the right diet and workout.
I'm pretty strict on myself about the 1-2 cycles though. I'm sure I will like it, and i'm sure I could be making less test... But I'm not the type to get hooked on things when I have a solid plan in mind. Thank you for the information and insight! Right now i'm on the fence with even bothering and just focusing on shelf ******** and diet. (Creatine, whey protein, etc etc.)

If you don't want huge changes then why risk doing a cycle?

Because I've seen what it can do. I know quite a few people who have only done 1-2 cycles with proper guidance, and they used it as a sort of quick-start to a routine/get back to a previous point. They really enjoyed the results and recommended it for what I want to accomplish.

Because I've seen what it can do. I know quite a few people who have only done 1-2 cycles with proper guidance, and they used it as a sort of quick-start to a routine/get back to a previous point. They really enjoyed the results and recommended it for what I want to accomplish.

Lol no such thing as doing 1-2 cycles and keeping the gains lol

Lol no such thing as doing 1-2 cycles and keeping the gains lol

Ya know as to ^^^ what Tbone has said and I have been around for a long time, I haven't , myself, seen guys do just one or two cycles. I mean once you loose that virginity and see how you can do steroids safely , well why not do another and another. A guy does not have to have addictive personalities to succumb to this way of enjoying the sport of weight lifting when the goals are other then JUST exercise. If just health and exercise was the reason to lift , ha... well what does the person need steroids for ? :dunno:

Lets face it , the use of AAS is FUN. It really is a good feeling when you lift more then you have, in some cases, more then you ever have and the weight you are used to feels light and your reps just go crazy.... :laugh3: I gotta laugh , not at you, but that feeling when your typical warm- up weight feels like you don't have any plates on the bar.

As far as gains well a guy can keep the Lean Muscle Mass if he keeps training HARD, consistent and has a good diet. However the majority of in experienced people don't have a clue as to the difference between Water and fluid gains and that of LMM. Then, more then not, the newbie to this life style becomes disappointed and per himself in the mirror and his associates say you have lost it all. SO at the end of the day a guy need to have a good understand of what gains are real.

Soooo why do them , OR why not :Pat: , :Pat:

My 2 cents

Last edited:
Wby don't you take that blower off your mustang and drive around without the gains for awhile??? See what I mean?...

Back