Roid Rage- Myth or Monster? by Thomas O’Connor, MD

Therefore, as a scientist, I would have to say that smoking gun for AAS related Roid Rage is at-large and that crazy guy on gear is thus AN ASS-HOLE ON STEROIDS!

Definitely going to have to agree with that. :wiggle:

Just wanted to note that the aggressive behavior often cited is a byproduct of competition; especially in the presence of females. I don't know why so many studies leave that out (likely due to social stigma offering bias), but as androgens are responsible for mating responses - makes sense to me.

Pretty good write up. :)

Wish there was more diffinative proof on how aas effects our brains. When I was younger I had a bad temper, stupid shit would just piss me off and as I got older that happened less and less. When I started taking aas I felt that temper coming back, luckily I'm much better at controlling it and I can tell when I'm gonna lose it. I also know another guy who had a terrible temper when he was younger but in resent years had mellowed a lot. He resently showed me his blood work and his test is way low like 161. He wants to run a cycle but I'm affraid that if he does he's going to most likely revert back to the quick tempered ass he was and that won't be good for his family. I have no scientific proof of this but ther definitly seems to be a relationship in some people between higher test and aggressivness which makes me wonder if in these kinds of people there's another hormone or chemical in the body that's higher or lower that the test interacts with that effects this??

Wish there was more definitive proof on how aas effects our brains. When I was younger I had a bad temper, stupid shit would just piss me off and as I got older that happened less and less. When I started taking aas I felt that temper coming back, luckily I'm much better at controlling it and I can tell when I'm gonna lose it. I also know another guy who had a terrible temper when he was younger but in resent years had mellowed a lot. He resently showed me his blood work and his test is way low like 161. He wants to run a cycle but I'm affraid that if he does he's going to most likely revert back to the quick tempered ass he was and that won't be good for his family. I have no scientific proof of this but ther definitly seems to be a relationship in some people between higher test and aggressivness which makes me wonder if in these kinds of people there's another hormone or chemical in the body that's higher or lower that the test interacts with that effects this??

cant they hook up a bunch of wires to a bodybuilders head and record AAS influence on the brain?

Wish there was more diffinative proof on how aas effects our brains. When I was younger I had a bad temper, stupid shit would just piss me off and as I got older that happened less and less. When I started taking aas I felt that temper coming back, luckily I'm much better at controlling it and I can tell when I'm gonna lose it. I also know another guy who had a terrible temper when he was younger but in resent years had mellowed a lot. He resently showed me his blood work and his test is way low like 161. He wants to run a cycle but I'm affraid that if he does he's going to most likely revert back to the quick tempered ass he was and that won't be good for his family. I have no scientific proof of this but ther definitly seems to be a relationship in some people between higher test and aggressivness which makes me wonder if in these kinds of people there's another hormone or chemical in the body that's higher or lower that the test interacts with that effects this??

Well given your profile name I bet you know a certain herb that mellows people out ;-)
If I just run 600mgs of test I'm cool as a cucumber definitely more relaxed than when im off cycle
The only thing Ive taken that has given me any increase in aggression is the trest I've recently started
Looking good to man seen the picture you put up

Well given your profile name I bet you know a certain herb that mellows people out ;-)
If I just run 600mgs of test I'm cool as a cucumber definitely more relaxed than when im off cycle
The only thing Ive taken that has given me any increase in aggression is the trest I've recently started
Looking good to man seen the picture you put up

My profil name...that's funny cause it's actually most of my last name! I can't take that special herb that mellows people out, I don't react well to it. I was on medication about 10 years ago that helped take the edge off and I was able to control myself much better. I took myself off the drug because I didn't like the side effects and because I learned how to tell when I was starting to get that edgy feeling and I learned how to control it.

Thanks for the compliment on my picture!

My profil name...that's funny cause it's actually most of my last name! I can't take that special herb that mellows people out, I don't react well to it. I was on medication about 10 years ago that helped take the edge off and I was able to control myself much better. I took myself off the drug because I didn't like the side effects and because I learned how to tell when I was starting to get that edgy feeling and I learned how to control it.

Thanks for the compliment on my picture!

Ah well there you go I thought it was a reference to old Mary Jane
Haha my apologies
Yeah I stay away from. Most medications when possible like you said you just need to keep yourself in Line and Know when to pull your self up if you start letting anger get the best you

I'm a firm believer in roid rage. It's not a guarantee but certain people WILL get more aggressive and assertive while on. People tend to say "it's not roid rage...it's just increased aggression..." which is nothing more than a different way of saying it. Aggression and rage typically go hand in hand. Some manage to harness the aggression in the gym, some let it out in other ways. I know myself, I'm more likely to assert myself and open my mouth when I'm on cycle if someone crosses me. You can call it rage, increased aggression, whatever you want, but I take wayyy less shit from people when there are high levels of androgens in my system.

I'm a firm believer in roid rage. It's not a guarantee but certain people WILL get more aggressive and assertive while on. People tend to say "it's not roid rage...it's just increased aggression..." which is nothing more than a different way of saying it. Aggression and rage typically go hand in hand. Some manage to harness the aggression in the gym, some let it out in other ways. I know myself, I'm more likely to assert myself and open my mouth when I'm on cycle if someone crosses me. You can call it rage, increased aggression, whatever you want, but I take wayyy less shit from people when there are high levels of androgens in my system.

I'm surprised that you would say that joz.

I think it has to with how we view rage versus aggression, so let's see if you still feel that way with a definition of each.

rage
noun
violent, uncontrollable anger.
"her face was distorted with rage"
synonyms: fury, anger, wrath, outrage, indignation, temper, spleen, resentment, pique, annoyance, vexation, displeasure.

ag·gres·sion
noun
hostile or violent behavior or attitudes toward another; readiness to attack or confront.
"his chin was jutting with aggression"
synonyms: hostility, aggressiveness, belligerence, bellicosity, force, violence; More
the action of attacking without provocation, especially in beginning a quarrel or war.
"the dictator resorted to armed aggression"
forceful and sometimes overly assertive pursuit of one's aims and interests.
synonyms: confidence, self-confidence, boldness, determination, forcefulness, vigor, energy, zeal
"he played the game with unceasing aggression"

I guess I can see how some would lump the two together, I just personally see rage as what I save for the gym (I don't want to hurt others), and aggression being a less tact approach to conflict resolution. I find it interesting how confidence is linked to aggression in the last definition. ;)

Totally wasn't picking on you joz, I just was curious after being surprised that you would state you believe in such a thing, that's all. :)

Back