RUNNING V.S slow CARDIO

anavar

ive heard that running not only burns fat but also muscle? is this true? im trying to loose bf but keep as much muscle as possible what would u guys sugest i do?> eliptical? how many timnes a week im doing it for 30 mins twice a week?

anavar said:
ive heard that running not only burns fat but also muscle? is this true? im trying to loose bf but keep as much muscle as possible what would u guys sugest i do?> eliptical? how many timnes a week im doing it for 30 mins twice a week?

I was wondering the same thing. I happened upon a chance to train (MMA) w/ a great group if I can come back and run 5, 8 min miles. Only problem is we want my fighting weight to be 259 (I'm currently at 275 now).

Isn't there a supplement that you can take to save lean muscle mass during cardio activity?

High Protien low fat diet... Consider some of the legal sport supps. they work through herbal pathways in many ways. There are also some very efffective OTC fat supps as well. ECA and ECY are very effective as well. And of course plenty of WATER and then more.

I forgot to say you will have significant calorie and complex carb requirements to also help prevent canabalization. Also consider controlling cortisol.

Last edited:
220 minus your age= ???? times .60% and .80%
60% is your min. heart rate and 80% is the max.
Stay closer to the min. for longer periods of time and you are burning fat! Exceed the max and you are building muscle.

lastlaft said:
220 minus your age= ???? times .60% and .80%
60% is your min. heart rate and 80% is the max.
Stay closer to the min. for longer periods of time and you are burning fat! Exceed the max and you are building muscle.

Good point.

Designer Supplements has products that work as an example. Perhaps a NHA stack. There are others just visit a few manf. sites and see what is available. ECA and ECY are OTC in most places still. I go with your diet being the most important. Its a matter of supplying the fuel your body needs to perform and prevent muscle loss. I am sure some will suggest cycles but I just feel it is not needed really. The body draws on itself when no other source is available. Same reason you limit the time as the stores only last so long, then it begins to scavenge elsewhere. Monitor as you go and adjust cardio and or cals. I tend to think although it is NOT from experience that some orals tht would benefit your goal aren't worth it the potential effect to your cardio performance or endurance. I am sure this is of the upmost importance to you.

lastlaft said:

i do believe that this is wrong. .60 is not the min, the point of .6 and .8 is that is the target heart rate zone. staying in between them will burn fat. going over the .8 will not build muscle.

I read that running long distances (jogging) burns muscle and sprinting builds muscle.
I think that's why those long distance runners are so thin and sprinters are more muscular.

Back