safe alcohol consumption during oral cycles

K2theMac

optimally, I know none is the safest play - but anyone with experience taking orals (which i do understand are liver/kidney toxic) who have found a safe medium. Any advice is welcome, I am starting a smaller dosed var cycle and would love to be able to go out and have a few drinks throughout the next 8 weeks , but not if it will have toxic side effects. thanks in advance for any opinions!

no alcohol..

no tylenol

no nothing.

in test, older men ( 40-55 so thats me too) were given up to 100 mg of unspecified " oral anabolic steroids" without significant elevations in liver values..

when the test subjects had as few as one or two drinks per week, suddenly their values jumped right through the roof, out of what the researchers considered a "safe normative range"

ill try to find the study and link to it.

similar study with Nsaids had the same result, the finding being that liver toxicity of oral anabolics were somewhat exaggerated , but that added stress on the liver from even minute amounts of alcohol ( or tylenol ) that the combination was enough to elevate liver values almost immediately..

no drinky poooo! not even wine

Bronson

*much ablidged :) I know better already but one can only hope to hear otherwise lol Thanks as always Mr B

No such thing as safe alcohol consumption while on aas. No disrespect my friend but as you said you know better yet you still asked the question. This should red flag you that maybe there's a problem ? I'm a recovered alcoholic and coke head myself. 5 years sober and running strong. It takes an alcoholic to understand an alcoholic and see the red flags my friend.

Alcohol s f k n useless.

No need for -
liquid courage
liquid charisma
liguid relaxant
liquid funny man

No need to fit it in either...I ve oft been asked y I don t drink, at all ever-

" I do not want to look, act or come across like do...."

Nr 1 cause of dv, DUI s should be auto imprisonment...etc.

FKN useless.

Alcohol s f k n useless.

No need for -
liquid courage
liquid charisma
liguid relaxant
liquid funny man

No need to fit it in either...I ve oft been asked y I don t drink, at all ever-

" I do not want to look, act or come across like YOU do...."

Nr 1 cause of dv, DUI s should be auto imprisonment...etc.

FKN useless.

Short sweet n to the point...gotta love it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly, i love going out drinking once a week with my boys but i take it easier than them, because i put things into my body that they dont. with that being said, i avoid orals at all costs. i see no point in them at all.

if you must drink, take it easy and take care of yourself because at the end of the day alcohol is a poison.

advice much appreciated bro, but there are a few, like myself, that truly enjoy the flavor of the most bitter IPA on the market ;) not so much a red flag -though I do appreciate the heads up- but I meant more along the lines of a few delicious ipa brews, not a bottle of Jack or what have you & not so much a situation of 'I want to seem to be a certain type person-way , relax a certain way ect..) but I'm not talking down to Any responses --- please don't take it that way , I was looking more for info re: I actually like a very delicious quality ipa brew but not if the toxicity level is damaging during the time I'm cycling . All advice is always appreciated, but maybe my inquisition was a tad ill understood...

To be one hundred percent honest one or two drinks here and there isn't going to do anything except possibly elevate liver enzymes for a day or two. Permanent damage from one or two drinks? No. But, keep it to one or two drinks and don't let it turn into 10 or 12 drinks.

This is life, so we must be able to enjoy it while stay disciplined at the same time. Now, should you go get fuckin bombed while running gear? No. Not only does it cause damage to liver but it also causes damage to hard eared muscle and you will most likely be consuming WAY more calories than you want to when spending a full night drinking.

To say you cant have any alcohol period while on a cycle is completely ridiculous. Especially on a cycle that I am going to assume is somewhere between 5-10mg of Var. A male running heavily hepatoxic compounds might want to steer clear of alcohol completely but a drink here and there really isn't going to hurt anyone.

Having a drink and getting drunk are two completely different things.

I really don't feel like "a few drinks" is going to be a problem for anyone unless the orals you are taking are enough to put the hurt on your liver already. Some people seem to get away with really beating the hell out of their liver but not everyone is so lucky. Roll of the dice I guess but a light oral cycle like anavar and few IPA's on occasion wouldn't worry me at all as long as it's an honest "few".

I got away with using anadrol and a pint of bourbon as a pre workout for a while...but you don't ever want to experience what happens when that goes wrong. Then again I drank a bottle of whiskey a day for over 20 years before, so I had it coming.

Have you considered taking any support supplements while running your cycle? I know it's a light cycle. But as you keep insisting on having a drink ,however so few it maybe!!! , I don't condone drinking or drugging let alone on cycle but personally I would start taking an all in one support supplements to help with those worried about values! Something with Tudca preferably . At least this will give you some extra support and possible help keep you in range!? Since your set on having a drink here and there.

Last edited:
Supplements actually are more the kind of recommendations that I was looking for (in addition to advice in gen) But believe it or not , I'm actually a nutritionist, so I've considered supplementation , but just more worried about damage VS intake re anabolics in general. must say ; thank you for all info, it's gives me new avenues to pursue when researching :):)

no talking down, any replies and advice are always welcome ! but I can't lie- red flag..Noo-- love delicious , extremely bitter, overly hoppy IPA's?- well they are just delicious! more asking if a few brews can do damage . I'm actually a nutritionist at that lol but when it comes to anabolics and their toxicity level , from what I've found via research , it doesn't seen to change toxicity levels as long as diet is on point. Personal experience..? A different story , I've only ran a few cycles so book knowledge is awesome but personal....would love to hear any day over literature. practical knowledge always seems to be worth twice (at the least) then literature

Supplements actually are more the kind of recommendations that I was looking for (in addition to advice in gen) But believe it or not , I'm actually a nutritionist, so I've considered supplementation , but just more worried about damage VS intake re anabolics in general. must say ; thank you for all info, it's gives me new avenues to pursue when researching :):)

Look into lgi damage control! It has a great profile but the doses are a little low.
I suggest this because it comes with Tudca already in its profile! Other wise there a re a few good choices
Cycle support
Cycle assist
Just by some Tudca separately.

I use NAC and Liv52 for support. And as a nutritionist you know what is going to help liver function........any bitter vegetable or green, leafy green in general, beets, the list goes on....

I honestly haven't ,which is ridiculous - I will readily admit ! but I am already looking into it dude , Thanks for the (obvious ) tip :)

the green greens , those I am least on top of- my diet is ridiculous but it's more caution via toxic oral damage due to an oral cycle --love any and all the feedback and responses guys ! <3

Man.... Forget drinking, just smoke that good stuff! Side effects include: laughter, increase appetite (fking awesome), everything tastes like heaven, you'll have an awesome time, and when you go to sleep you will knock the hell out! No hangover either haha. Doesn't get better than that!

Back