Scar tissue at injection sites

Harnold

So I'm still running some prop but normally add enanthate as well. I have from 25 years of using and cycling on and off with pct. Also, being a complete idiot I just continued to rotate buttock sites and now have basically tennis balls size scar tissues on each side. They don't look bad dressed as they're essentially a matching pair.

Here's what has happened as of a couple of days ago.....I have done nothing but site injection in the delts, legs, traps....the list goes on. However suddenly one of those scar tissue tennis balls hurts so bad I can even lay down on my side. I haven't pinned there in months and right out of the blue it seems swelled up and even my hip bone is sore. I haven't bumped it or anything else.

Anyone ever been in his situation? Please help...

With that much scar tissue who knows. You can inject into it an the gear just sits there. Sounds like an infection. Give it a few days and if it doesn't improve get to you doc.

I feel you. 25 years here as well. I can't pin lateral quads. Haven't for years.

Could be you had an infection in there. One way the body fights it is to wall off the infection by covering it to keep it from spreading. That's what a lot of that scar tissue is from.

I filter all my gear now. I have been pinning delts for 5-6 years now with no scarring on knots like my quads.

Havent seen you in a while brother, how you been?

I have heard of guys developing cysts in areas that are over used, essentially scar tissue I would assume.

It could really be anything, If you have big ball of scar tissue in the pin site of the glute whos to say it might not have ripped it or torn it a bit during an exercise.

I have never had this myself but that's the only thing I can really think of if you haven't bumped or hit it of pined in in a while.

Similar, but not as big, issue in my left quad. I've had a hard knot type thing in my quad at injection site for over a year now. Only been cycling for a couple years tho. I don't pin this area much n when I do I go off to the side of the knot. When I flex my quad this area even protrudes out.....looks weird. I'd like to hear the input you get on your topic bro.

Similar, but not as big, issue in my left quad. I've had a hard knot type thing in my quad at injection site for over a year now. Only been cycling for a couple years tho. I don't pin this area much n when I do I go off to the side of the knot. When I flex my quad this area even protrudes out.....looks weird. I'd like to hear the input you get on your topic bro.

It's not going away either. I don't like to think about what it must look like. It's defiantly noticeable to me.
Both lateral quads are a mess.

Improperly filtered gear or poor injection protocol it the reason. Think about it. If it's just from the needle the scarring would be more dispersed, if you have large knots, its not from pinning.

If you are using a reputable ugl great, but not all care. I know some, mostly small who do not use filtering that gives you a sterile product.

I wish someone would have told me years ago, but that was in the caveman days :)

It's not going away either. I don't like to think about what it must look like. It's defiantly noticeable to me.
Both lateral quads are a mess.

Improperly filtered gear or poor injection protocol it the reason. Think about it. If it's just from the needle the scarring would be more dispersed, if you have large knots, its not from pinning.

If you are using a reputable ugl great, but not all care. I know some, mostly small who do not use filtering that gives you a sterile product.

I wish someone would have told me years ago, but that was in the caveman days :)

Hmmm....interesting.

GD it boy...we need to talk. I m in NYC but going back to Gods country 2 morrow.

THAT blows. I too have matching glute humps but have not been able to contort myself for those pin s anymore...quad s delt s repeat.

Is it hot ? Painful to touch ?

I m sure ur doc was cool or ?

A round of Omoxcycellin or Augmenten 500 x 2 for 10 day s to 2 weeks if it s infected. It may just have formed so hard it s on top of glute and separated OR IS TRYING TO from MUSCLE tissue and is fucking hurting as it TEARS LOOSE. mY BUDDY ACROSS THE STREET HAD A CHUNK CUT OUT OF HIS UPPER GLUTE (OOPS W CAPS) LAST YEAR JUST FOR THIS...VERY SIMPLE IF A pain IN THE ASS. iT WAS RATHER GNARLEY AND LOOKED LIKE SOMETHING OFF WALKING DEAD IN THE JAR. (Adrian S A MESS. hE KEPT IN A JAR OF FOMALD.)

I had a lypoma removed 6 year s ago and put it in a crab trap...caught 12 blue crab s behind my house in the Bayou...so there s that....

U got mail.

GD it boy...we need to talk. I m in NYC but going back to Gods country 2 morrow.

THAT blows. I too have matching glute humps but have not been able to contort myself for those pin s anymore...quad s delt s repeat.

Is it hot ? Painful to touch ?

I m sure ur doc was cool or ?

A round of Omoxcycellin or Augmenten 500 x 2 for 10 day s to 2 weeks if it s infected. It may just have formed so hard it s on top of glute and separated OR IS TRYING TO from MUSCLE tissue and is fucking hurting as it TEARS LOOSE. mY BUDDY ACROSS THE STREET HAD A CHUNK CUT OUT OF HIS UPPER GLUTE (OOPS W CAPS) LAST YEAR JUST FOR THIS...VERY SIMPLE IF A pain IN THE ASS. iT WAS RATHER GNARLEY AND LOOKED LIKE SOMETHING OFF WALKING DEAD IN THE JAR. (Adrian S A MESS. hE KEPT IN A JAR OF FOMALD.)

I had a lypoma removed 6 year s ago and put it in a crab trap...caught 12 blue crab s behind my house in the Bayou...so there s that....

U got mail.

Damnnn! Now that's somethin Teutonic! Using it for bait!! Lmfao!! Who woulda thought.....?

This shit sounds a bit scarry. Remember Lyle Alzado??

What, was Lyle injecting directly into his brain ?

Think lyles brain cancer had nothing to do with AAS and the media used it as an excuse to demonize something they don't understand.. My 2 cents

Hmmm....interesting.

Its the truth brother. If I'm lying I'm flying. That is not from simply using the same injection site. Like I said, since i started filtering all the gear I use, including ugl, no more problems. I have been using delts for years and there is no scar tissue or knots.

I'm not saying that every ugl is going to be sloppy. The larger and more well know one's are much more likely to do it right. I just take no chances anymore. I home brew everything. 2%ba and 22.5nm filteration is as good as pharm grade imo.

Think lyles brain cancer had nothing to do with AAS and the media used it as an excuse to demonize something they don't understand.. My 2 cents

The idea that he got brain cancer from aas is crazy. At that time it was much more likely to have come from drug abuse. Coke was made with a petroleum base at first. Tumors in the sinus cavity were not uncommon. Later when it became mostly ether base there were not the same problems. It's still poison, but not as toxic.

Sterile abscess would be my guess. I have scar tissue in my right quad from not rotating sites for a couple years, but I have been able to break it up for the most part. There's still a little quarter sized section that I'll occasionally still hit, but I am able to just move the pin an inch and reattempt.

Tennis ball sized lumps sounds to me like you have scar tissue encapsulating a site filled with fluid. I had a lipoma removed from my shoulder that was exactly that, and while it didn't hurt for quite some time, it started to impede range of motion and began to ache. My surgeon and the lab still weren't able to determine exactly what the cause of the lipoma or what was in it was - but I don't exactly divulge more than the fact that I'm on TRT either.

I'd get it looked at; might be as simple as something you can have drained, but might also need to be removed surgically. In either case, it doesn't sound to me to be a simple case of scar tissue just due to the sheer size.

My .02c :)

Fair point. I might be thinking of some other name in sports from back in the day. I just remember hearing about a guy who had two grapefruit size tumors removed, one from each buttock....anyone remember?? I thought it was a football player.

I have heard deep tissue massage can help to break up scar tissue I know Nasser use to do that. I just got myself a appointment for a deep tissue massage and am going to try to get one done at least every 2 to 3 months to try and help with scar tissue and just to feel better. I don't know if deep tissue massage really helps to break up scar tissue have any of you tried it?

Hey schredder, thanks for reply. I suddenly realized that the scar tissue did flare up a day or two right after a had leg day. Damn, I never even thought of it as they are only every sore after I pin straight into them, even then it's minor pain.
Maybe I'll hit it with some ice as well, and a a side thought, i have lowered my cycle down in test levels so I'm wondering if they're might be a slight fluid loss around that area.
These fuckers will shock even experienced gym guys. If I could a decent shot I would. Lol

Well folks, turns out the right buttock that was killing me was indeed full of infection, four days of IV antibiotics and the Fcking torture of the doctor who is unable to freeze te area, pushing all the puss and shit out throughout the scalpel cut. I also had the joy of feeling the complete scalpel cut and it wasn't pleasant either...lol....
This thing is still easily softball size but mis-shaped and extremely painful even to the touch. I'm no pussy but that was painful. They packed the wound full and then had to remove it through the incision each day and it was of course dried to the blood and shirt inside.
Anyway five days later I'm home and they gave me a week of oral antibiotics to complete. Anyone unsure or if you can feel heat directly radiating over the area,and the spot is very painful, may be red, go to the hospital. Hard lesson learned on my part.
If one person listens to my message, it will be worth it. I wouldn't have wished that on anyone.

Thanks for the update man, sucks that it was indeed an abscess, but at least you got it out of your body. :)

Well folks, turns out the right buttock that was killing me was indeed full of infection, four days of IV antibiotics and the Fcking torture of the doctor who is unable to freeze te area, pushing all the puss and shit out throughout the scalpel cut. I also had the joy of feeling the complete scalpel cut and it wasn't pleasant either...lol....
This thing is still easily softball size but mis-shaped and extremely painful even to the touch. I'm no pussy but that was painful. They packed the wound full and then had to remove it through the incision each day and it was of course dried to the blood and shirt inside.
Anyway five days later I'm home and they gave me a week of oral antibiotics to complete. Anyone unsure or if you can feel heat directly radiating over the area,and the spot is very painful, may be red, go to the hospital. Hard lesson learned on my part.
If one person listens to my message, it will be worth it. I wouldn't have wished that on anyone.

Love your last words there, for sure, better to learn from the seasoned tried and true veterans than to suffer and learn the hard way. Hope your recovery continues well.

Back