Serious Backne

Two points...

The B-5 mega dose theory is just that. It was theory proposed by a guy named Lit-Hung Leung. it was published in 1997 in a very obscure medical journal as possible remedy of acne.

The theory has NEVER been clinically empirically supported in one single published peer-reviewed placbo-controlled doubled blind study.

The theory was proposed almost 15 years ago and still no valid clinical support? Hmmmm...

however, there are tons of infomecials and websites selling B-5 as a cure for acne.

Don't waste your money.

Also, oral antibiotics are far less effective for treating acne than are today's new topical antibiotics.

Orals were proscribed years ago because we didn't have good transdermal methods for delivering the antibiotic via the sink. Oral delivery is a systemic delivery method and some of the drug makes it to the acne bacteria but a lot of the antibiotic is dispersed throughout the rest of the body.

Today we have efficient transdermals. Especially with the newer lincosamides that are efficiently delivered to the mitochondria of the bacteria and effective eliminate the ability for the bacteria to produce energy to sustain itself.

I disagree. B5 has worked extremely well for me when prescription topical meds and antibiotics did nothing for me. Have you tried this yourself or are you just stating what you think is true? It definitely cut down oil production a lot for me and cleared me up significantly.

Possibly off topic.

OP, what ester are you using? I was using a blend of Enan, Cyp, Prop (100/100/50 mg/ml respectively)and now just Cyp (210 mg/ml). Since the change I have noticed rather rapid weight gain(presumably mostly water) as well as increased acne (Back, chest, torso,). The acne at this point is agrivating but not so much that I am worried. Some big ass juice pimples though. Ugly fuckers, but seems just inflamation, not puss or junk.

I am hopoing at some point to switch back to the blend or even try Test E straight up. The 18 pounds I put on since Thanksgiving does not really make me happy. Not all water, not all fat, but none the less.

Fellas, your thoughts?
funny u mention that cause I was on 200mg before and doing fine, then started the new 210mg bottles in oct and have gotten out of control acne and weight gain tht I'm assuming is water weight.. cleaned my diet for last three weeks and using a program I used to use pre testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) to lean out and so far progress is going way slower than before.. now wondering if it may be do to the test

I disagree. B5 has worked extremely well for me when prescription topical meds and antibiotics did nothing for me. Have you tried this yourself or are you just stating what you think is true? It definitely cut down oil production a lot for me and cleared me up significantly.

I am stating what has been supported in the medical literature for the past 15 years.

There is not one single clinical study that has supported the effectiveness of B5 as a means to reduce or treat acne. Many have been conducted but none have supported the the theory and its effectiveness.

this is a good thread. It seems like a lot of us are having the same problem.
I hope we can find some solutions.

I wonder if Maximus can help. Maybe Maximus can prescribe the Benzaclin for us?

I am stating what has been supported in the medical literature for the past 15 years.

There is not one single clinical study that has supported the effectiveness of B5 as a means to reduce or treat acne. Many have been conducted but none have supported the the theory and its effectiveness.

Well it certainly has helped me a lot and I know others who it has helped too. I doubt anyone would want to put the funding into actually doing studies to support it as it would not benefit the pharmaceutical industry at all. If it was something they could market and sell for $300 I'm sure they'd have dozens of studies on its effectiveness.

My general doc put me on Minocycline for my acne. It was pretty severe when I was doing 500mg of Test Cyp a week cycle. I tried everything trying to get rid of it cause I was going to Hawaii to get married. Minocycline cleared up about 90% acne for me and it's pretty cheap. About $10 a month through my insurance.

is that Minocycline and oral or topical? I like the idea of the topical because i am already putting so much shit in to my body.

Food for thought,

I have gout, and at one time a few years ago it was not under control. I read up on the disease and found that soaking in a hot bath of epsom salt and baking soda along with regular hot tub therapy has made it possible for me to control my gout. This has something to do with removing toxins from the skin/body. So, fast forward to today. I do not take my gout medication and my blood tests are in the normal range for uric acid. Doc has no clue as to why..... go figure.

If memory serves me right the "gurus" of this therapy claimed that it has "magic" skin benefits. I haven't had one of these alkiline baths in a while and I think I am due to get back in the swing of things.

Thoughts?

for those that have had success getting rid of acne, either by antibiotics, drying it out or some other method.. did u have to keep applying the topical meds or whatever u used to get rid of acne once the acne was gone... or is it a never ending cycle? like does it come back and u go back to the antibiotic treatments or just continue once it goes away so it doesn't come back? has anyone gotten rid of acne by adjusting there dosing and kept it away that way? thanks

for those that have had success getting rid of acne, either by antibiotics, drying it out or some other method.. did u have to keep applying the topical meds or whatever u used to get rid of acne once the acne was gone... or is it a never ending cycle? like does it come back and u go back to the antibiotic treatments or just continue once it goes away so it doesn't come back? has anyone gotten rid of acne by adjusting there dosing and kept it away that way? thanks

For me, it comes back pretty quick if I stop taking the pills

Acne is generally caused by bacteria. Your body will secrete oil through pores. This traps bacteria, and basically you get a small local infection. Both oral and topical antibiotics work well. There is validity to both treatments, but no right answer for everyone. While I agree with cash out about topicals effectivness, it didn't work that way for me. You must realize there are much different strengths of oral and topical. Most docs will start out on the lighter side for each. I have tried pretty much the strongest of both, and orals work better for me. If you are prone to it, it will come back unless you correct the underlying issues that are causing it. For me, it seems my E2 levels are defiantly effecting mine. The best treatment is still acutane by far if yours is severe enough to warrant it, but be aware, serious side effects have been linked to Acutane, such as crohns. You need to see a dermatologist to figure it out.

Good luck

Possibly off topic.

OP, what ester are you using? I was using a blend of Enan, Cyp, Prop (100/100/50 mg/ml respectively)and now just Cyp (210 mg/ml). Since the change I have noticed rather rapid weight gain(presumably mostly water) as well as increased acne (Back, chest, torso,). The acne at this point is agrivating but not so much that I am worried. Some big ass juice pimples though. Ugly fuckers, but seems just inflamation, not puss or junk.

I am hopoing at some point to switch back to the blend or even try Test E straight up. The 18 pounds I put on since Thanksgiving does not really make me happy. Not all water, not all fat, but none the less.

Fellas, your thoughts?
210 for me and I'm gianing wieght also. If anything my diet is slightly better. I workout hard. My normal weight is around 200, then pre Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) it syrocketed to 215 and stayed there. I'm 4 weeks in Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and the scale said 225. Damn. The good news is my upper body is starting to look great. I don't like the 10 lbs in 4 weeks though.

is that Minocycline and oral or topical? I like the idea of the topical because i am already putting so much shit in to my body.
Yea me too. And I don't want the acid reflux.

i had it real bad one time and dried it out with alcohol and it worked real good but burned like HIZZZELL!
I might try this.

Acne is generally caused by bacteria. Your body will secrete oil through pores. This traps bacteria, and basically you get a small local infection. Both oral and topical antibiotics work well. There is validity to both treatments, but no right answer for everyone. While I agree with cash out about topicals effectivness, it didn't work that way for me. You must realize there are much different strengths of oral and topical. Most docs will start out on the lighter side for each. I have tried pretty much the strongest of both, and orals work better for me. If you are prone to it, it will come back unless you correct the underlying issues that are causing it. For me, it seems my E2 levels are defiantly effecting mine. The best treatment is still acutane by far if yours is severe enough to warrant it, but be aware, serious side effects have been linked to Acutane, such as crohns. You need to see a dermatologist to figure it out.

Good luck

Well said cjm09.

I had zits from my shoulders to the top of my head(face and in hair above neck). As some pointed out they ususally don't contain much, mostly watery substance, sometimes a little bloody, but usually not much puss, if any. Some of them get rather large with nothing in them. Went to a dermatologist and got prescribed doxycycline (this is pre hrt). It worked wonders. The only down side is acid reflux. All symptoms went away, but the acid reflux got worse. So I stopped. 2 weeks later I have it as bad as I ever did. I can't wait to do my blood tests again. I wonder if Estrogen has anything to do with it? FYI, I'm WAY too old to have any acne at all. LOL

I found acid reflux to be a side with the orals as well. It was easily fixed though. I know take a pill once a week for that one. Pantorazole.

As a teenager in the 80's I had SEVERE acne over my face, neck, chest and back. It was so bad that I am really really surprised my body isn't scarred from it. I was prescribed Accutane in 1987, my senior year in high school and it cleared it all up.

As an adult I still get acne but mainly from ingrown hairs which I control with good pre-shave, shaving, and post-shave products. But I still get them here and there.

So starting a cycle I was really worried I would have a bad flair up of acne. But surprisingly I have had very little acne. I have had little small ones that are superficial in nature - they aren't cyst-like or go very deep into the skin. They have mainly appeared on my shoulders and the sides of my chest. Of course, this cycle is causing me to sweat a lot so it could be due to sleeping on sweaty sheets or my clothes rubbing on sweaty skin during the day.

I have been tanning 3-4 times per week as well. I do have a full back piece tattoo so if I have some back acne I don't notice it - but I don't feel anything when I wash my back either.

I guess I lucked out this time around.

I am currently on the following "Anti Acne" protocol:

Benzoyl Peroxide Wash Twice/Day
100mg Doxycycline Twice/Day
Differin 1% Applied at Night
Clindamyacin topical Applied at night

From Experience, NOTHING will stop stress induced acne flare up, except for maybe Accutane....but I do not have experience with that...

So look at all of your stressors and see if you notice flare ups during more stressful moments in life....I know I sure do....

I am currently on the following "Anti Acne" protocol:

Benzoyl Peroxide Wash Twice/Day
100mg Doxycycline Twice/Day
Differin 1% Applied at Night
Clindamyacin topical Applied at night

From Experience, NOTHING will stop stress induced acne flare up, except for maybe Accutane....but I do not have experience with that...

So look at all of your stressors and see if you notice flare ups during more stressful moments in life....I know I sure do....

Thanks for sharing. And to think I thought 1x/day of Doxycycline was much. But I have to say it cleared everything for me. I might have to take it again.

Currently on retin-A and switch from arimidex to aromasin.. This is working great the only down side is I can't get to much sun...

For OTC benzelperoxide topical and acnetame work form me but I had to double and triple the dose...

If you do get retin-a allow it 3-4 to four months for it to really work

Back