Serious question..Low T at my age

elmatonx

Hey guys

I have been lifting for about 2 years, I am 18, 5'10 and 190 pounds. I am probably 18% bf and have decent lifts.

Anyways I have felt low libido, always tired, no erections and at the time I was 17, so I went to get my bloods checked at the doctor. Turns out my total testosterone is about 175 ng which you guys may know its extremely low for someone my age. Now I have had thoughts of cycling later on in life but with testosterone that low its almost hard to live, Doctor said to retest bloods so I might but I heard my chances of getting prescribed are low so I might have to do UGL.

I am just here for you guys to give me reasons, if possible, as to why I SHOULDNT do TRT or go UGL. I am pretty sure I have my mind made up but I wanna know what I can possibly do to live with testosterone levels so low

Thank you

If people were able to live with low T levels then trt wouldn't exist.

Low T levels can be just as detrimental to your health as very high T levels if not more.
Low T levels result in a low quality of life and reduce your life expectancy.

so what we need is for you to share the results of your bloodwork with us.. everything the doc did..

we need to understand why your levels are so low in the first place

any alcohol or drug abuse?

Ill ask my mom to send me a picture of it and Ill post it.

And nope, never drank, and never used drugs, just lifted and ate...even went to far as to track my macros

so your doc will want to do an mri on your pituitary... expect that.. also expect ultrasounds of your testicles..

let him rule out whats actually causing the issue vs what could be the issue..

and if your levels are genetically that low and you have no way of naturally bringing them up then yes trt would be the only option..

TRT should be a last option. It is a life saver if you need it, but ideally you would get your natural testosterone production working properly. Hopefully you can find out what is wrong. In the meantime, start doing your homework. You need to fully understand TRT and the HPTA. Here is a link to get you started.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/662394-basic-trt-overview.html

And don't go the UGL route. Having a prescription for TRT is by far the best way to go. You will never have to worry about getting a refill. You can travel with your medications. No worrying about getting fake gear or under dosed gear. You can get prescriptions for hCG and an Aromatase Inhibitor. You can have a doctor monitor your general health.

If people were able to live with low T levels then trt wouldn't exist.

Low T levels can be just as detrimental to your health as very high T levels if not more.
Low T levels result in a low quality of life and reduce your life expectancy.

I completely agree! You might be hyogonadal as a genetic condition and TRT will improve your life and might even extend your lifespan, if done properly and monitored. Age does not matter in this case.

TRT should be a last option. It is a life saver if you need it, but ideally you would get your natural testosterone production working properly. Hopefully you can find out what is wrong. In the meantime, start doing your homework. You need to fully understand TRT and the HPTA. Here is a link to get you started.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/662394-basic-trt-overview.html

And don't go the UGL route. Having a prescription for TRT is by far the best way to go. You will never have to worry about getting a refill. You can travel with your medications. No worrying about getting fake gear or under dosed gear. You can get prescriptions for hCG and an Aromatase Inhibitor. You can have a doctor monitor your general health.

But I also agree with Megatron that you need to do this right and do your TRT through a doctor and use real prescription grade test with continued monitoring.

Thanks for the responses. My mom is sending me the lab results so ill post them on here then, And I am getting my test levels rechecked soon by a doctor so I am hoping for the best

Back