Seriously is it meant to hurt this much?

i2icho84

Hey guys

Pinned my outer quad thursday (just over 48 hours ago) for the first time injecting anything ever!

250 test cyp

I used a 25g 1 inch pin alchol swabed aspirated and injected.
Put my palm on hip bone and went 2 inches below ring finger ( i have pretty small hands).

Felt no pain at all was pretty exciting actually it was quite a rush. No pain all day couldn't feel anything then BAM
12 hours later i started getting a little bit of a dead leg no biggie.
Went and trained legs heavy squats! next morning on Friday ( 24hrs post injection)
I was struggling to walk and had pain above the knee.

The injection site is not red at all no lumps everything looks great no pain nothing. About 2 inches below injection site its a little tender which is to be expected.

From what i have learned from reading around the boards i may of not gone in deep enough and oil spilt out the muscle and trickled it's way down to my knee. Not sure how true this is.
Also i didn't warm up the oil.

I'm due for another shot tomorrow and not really looking forward to it now.
Best to pin opposite quad? Deeper and with warm oil and slower?

I mean i knew i would feel something but it shouldn't be painful in my knee. Or am i just being a pussy?

Any pointers or anyone have something similar happen?I just cant see myself dealing with this kind of pain the next 10 weeks.

I don't even know if i should be training legs this week.

FML

Virgin muscles. First pin in a new muscle always hurts. Rub some dirt on it and walk it off Buttercup.

Yes, you need to rotate injection sites. I recommend at least 4 sites. Delts or Ventroglutes would be a good addition to your quads.

Avoid quads when you are just starting they can be very painful even i get bad pain ince inawhile. Just dont wanna see you quit because of the pain

If you have NO infection then NOTHING to worry about. PIP comes and goes with the territory of pining so often as we do.

You DO NOT NEED to Aspirate, ever. This only makes you twitch n turn and move about when you need not to worry.

I have explained this so many times. You will never be able to make a mistake and inject anything more then just a miniscule drop of oil in your vein. Please read up more on IM and IV injections.

The more time you mess around with the needle in your flesh, then the more opportunity to tear and cut more Muscle tissue , hence PIP.

Find your spot, stab by following all the way through till you are ALL the WAY in. Push non stop till you have emptied the cylinder. Hold your shin and pull straight out. . Any blood , just wipe it off and hold a little pressure for a minute.

After 40 yrs I still get a fucked up PIP day or two. Quads can be very sensitive for many people. There are a lot of capillaries n blood vessels, not to mention nerve endings in Quads.

Try your vent-glute. There are so many and after all my years I don't like Quads.

Good Luck

If you have NO infection then NOTHING to worry about. PIP comes and goes with the territory of pining so often as we do.

You DO NOT NEED to Aspirate, ever. This only makes you twitch n turn and move about when you need not to worry.

I have explained this so many times. You will never be able to make a mistake and inject anything more then just a miniscule drop of oil in your vein. Please read up more on IM and IV injections.

The more time you mess around with the needle in your flesh, then the more opportunity to tear and cut more Muscle tissue , hence PIP.

Find your spot, stab by following all the way through till you are ALL the WAY in. Push non stop till you have emptied the cylinder. Hold your shin and pull straight out. . Any blood , just wipe it off and hold a little pressure for a minute.

After 40 yrs I still get a fucked up PIP day or two. Quads can be very sensitive for many people. There are a lot of capillaries n blood vessels, not to mention nerve endings in Quads.

Try your vent-glute. There are so many and after all my years I don't like Quads.

Good Luck

Thanks well i hope it's not infected. This may sound pretty dumb but for an infection to take place it would occur at the injection site is this right?

Just worried because of the knee swelling and its warm to touch.

I was going to use glutes next rotation after left quad then right glute etc etc

This is normal. All new muscle hurts first time pinning. Quads especially. Delts for me are painless.

Yes, warm the oil. Use a steady hand. Personally I find injecting slowly (15 sec/ml max.) to help prevent pip.

You'll be fine. Pain comes with the territory.
Just think, one day you will miss pip...I know I do;-)

Last edited:
Hey guys

Pinned my outer quad thursday (just over 48 hours ago) for the first time injecting anything ever!

250 test cyp

I used a 25g 1 inch pin alchol swabed aspirated and injected.
Put my palm on hip bone and went 2 inches below ring finger ( i have pretty small hands).

Felt no pain at all was pretty exciting actually it was quite a rush. No pain all day couldn't feel anything then BAM
12 hours later i started getting a little bit of a dead leg no biggie.
Went and trained legs heavy squats! next morning on Friday ( 24hrs post injection)
I was struggling to walk and had pain above the knee.

The injection site is not red at all no lumps everything looks great no pain nothing. About 2 inches below injection site its a little tender which is to be expected.

From what i have learned from reading around the boards i may of not gone in deep enough and oil spilt out the muscle and trickled it's way down to my knee. Not sure how true this is.
Also i didn't warm up the oil.

I'm due for another shot tomorrow and not really looking forward to it now.
Best to pin opposite quad? Deeper and with warm oil and slower?

I mean i knew i would feel something but it shouldn't be painful in my knee. Or am i just being a pussy?

Any pointers or anyone have something similar happen?I just cant see myself dealing with this kind of pain the next 10 weeks.

I don't even know if i should be training legs this week.

FML

OP

I'm having a hard time visualizing where exactly you are pinning. And if it's where I'm interpreting in my opinion you are pinning to high.

I am in my 4th cycle and really only pin quads...I've cruised on test at a TRT dose for an extended amount of time as well and never really had any issues with quad injections (twice a week, rotating between the two)

I always find my pin location by lining the tip of my finger up with the top of my knee. I lay my hand flat on the exterior of my thigh. Wherever the top of my palm lands is where I pin.

I've done it this way for years never had any issues.

If I line my hand up how you described IMO im injecting WAY too high up on my quad.

Anyways just my opinion based on my experience. Different strokes for different folks

I just pinned first time yesterday
Right quad same as you
I pinned at night and no pain
Woke up today and there's pain but only if I try to flex my quad
Nothing unbearable tho but I can't completely straighten my legs.

Middle third of yur quad. Not on top, not on the side. Maybe on inch towards the top from halfway between top and side

That's outside not inside between yur legs

Thanks for all the replies. Really put my mind at ease!

Well 72 hrs since first injection. Barely any discomfort what so ever.

Went ahead and pinned left hand quad this morning lower down and more to the outside. I've got a feeling the first shot was probably in the wrong spot im guessing i went in between the vastus lateralis and vastus medialis and may have missed the mucle.

This time around i heated up the oil for 2 mins and injection took about 1 min instead of 15-20 seconds like the first.

Anyway all happy days now. At least i know what to expect in left quad now.

Thanks again

click this

Click that link. It shows you exactly where to pin.

Damn that's a great link there bro! I have only ever pinned glutes, is there an advantage to pinning different muscles other than having more areas to rotate through? As far as I know site specific injections don't do anything extra for that muscle other than build up scar tissue...

Damn that's a great link there bro! I have only ever pinned glutes, is there an advantage to pinning different muscles other than having more areas to rotate through? As far as I know site specific injections don't do anything extra for that muscle other than build up scar tissue...

The only benefit is being able to give that spot a break which will help it not to build scar tissue as quickly. Over the years, you will get scar tissue and it sucks trying to pin through that shit. Shoulders have always been easy for me. Much like quads, you can see everything and it makes it that much easier. I tried chest injections once and I was paranoid ass fuck lol. I have tried every place on that list. The one place that I haven't tried was ventro glute. Maybe eventually ;)

PS: I tried to make a signature with the site but I am not smart enough to figure it out. I refered tons of guys to that site over the years. Its super helpful.

Last edited:
Cool I bookmarked it for future when my butt is all scar tissue haha, but yea chest sounds sketchy as fuck, especially using a 1.5". I use 1", delts would probably be my next choice

Good to know. This is why these forumns are good. You don't have to make mistakes to learn from them, you can read other guys and use that to help you have a better cycle. But some people will never learn till they learn. Like my brother, goddamn he frustrates the shit outta me lol

Back