Shaking with free weights

nsx

I am not sure why, but I shake when using free weights. Usually it is most intense when doing dumbbell incline, or flat bench. The thing is, the weight isn't too heavy, or hard for that matter. I seem to shake regardless of what weight I am using. Anyone ever heard of this? What's the deal?

I just started working out again about 4 weeks ago, but this has always happened my entire life - even during offseason of football when we hit the weights 3x a week for 5 or 6 months.

It may have to do with my age and weight combination? ---> 18, 130lbs (No matter what I do, I can't gain weight). Thanks in advance...

first off...regarding the "no matter what i do, I cant gain weight"....eat more....eat, eat, eat.,...but eat clean

The shaking issue is probably due to weaker stabilizing muscles.

Wow 130. Yea you definately need to eat eat eat. If you're only 130 you prob have a very low bf and you can prob afford to eat high calorie fast food. I'm not saying make 3 meals a day out of it but a couple times a week prob wont hurt you too bad.

shaking is caused by weak stabalizer muscles, if you warm them up appropriatley with lighter weights, they will function, dont go throwing big weights on , warm up for at least 15 minutes.

I find myself irritated now when people look at me and say genetics or something to that effect--its amazing to me that at 19 I was 6 foot and 137lbs (yes 137) and eating 6 meals a day and people would chuckle at me the stickboy trying to be a bodybuilder. I seriously did not miss a meal for my first 3 and a half years, I would set my alarm at 2am and wake up and eat scrambled eggs and pancakes if I missed a meal during the day. Two years later I looked normal at 196lbs or so. Two years just to look like a freaking normal person! I kept bombing away, eating and not taking no as an answer and now I am up at 300lbs and people say you must have always been big and you have good genetics. That's tough for me to hear thinking how psyched I was to weigh more than 170 at one point.

Count your calories EVERY MEAL EVERY DAY.

im pretty slim too but if you want to gain weight then like they said eat alot. i dont know why you cant gain weight but for me i just didnt ever want to eat, it was like a chore, so if people said eat alot i said f that. but now that i started weight lifting i eat a bunch, like right now im eating a bowl of cold soup that i dont even like lol

protein, try a weight gainer, pizza, lol, just eat and enjoy a fast metabolism, some of us can't, Stabalize, i see it is ur first post, welcom to s'ology.com we here will help you with weight training info, keep lifting and in 1 month u wont be shaking, but lifting twice as much

Keep at it my man, if your not eating you'll have no energy in the gym. Im sure if you eat enough food in bulk youll def put on some weight. your tall use your height to your advantage. I was always the tall lanky kid until i started eating,learning,and lifting

Back