shoulder injurie, need help

GotEmAll

So I injuried my shoulder, I thought I had a rotator tear so I went to the doc and got an MRI.

Doc said there was no tear , he just said I injuired my shoulder and that it was "shoulder tendonitis", Still my shoulder hurts like heck.

Anyone ever had a shoulder injury that the docter has said is shoulder tendonitis?

How long did the Pain last, what did you take for it.

If you had the MRI and your doctor has cleared you of structural damage and all you have is tendonitis... you're lucky. Do what he tells you. What until the pain and inflammation subside. Take what you're prescribed. Do the required therapy and come back nice and slow.

Do all of that and you'll keep lifting until you're an old man. By then you'll have forgotten that you ever hurt your shoulder.

Or, you can rush back into it and ignore the pain - and guarantee a lifelong shoulder problem which might stop you from lifting altogether.

I think I know which one you're going to do, because I did the same. I have the surgery scars to prove it.

Last edited:
I really would just like to rush back in and ignore the pain. But your right the last thing I want is permanant pain for the rest of my life.

I'll be starting my therapy this week. It just sucks that there is really no way of knowing how long this will last. Hopefully not to long.

I figure that in the mean time I will just work on the other parts of body. Legs, abs, triceps , biceps forarms and back.
No shoulder or chest exercise, I'll stay away from pushing excercises for a while.

This sucks.

well is it true you can inject deca or protein to correct muscle imbalances? a friend of mines said the doctor gave him site injects of protein when he tore his pec

So I injuried my shoulder, I thought I had a rotator tear so I went to the doc and got an MRI.

Doc said there was no tear , he just said I injuired my shoulder and that it was "shoulder tendonitis", Still my shoulder hurts like heck.

Anyone ever had a shoulder injury that the docter has said is shoulder tendonitis?

How long did the Pain last, what did you take for it.
I've had a bum left shoulder for years, which only acts up more when I increase my chest or biceps weights. I had some steroid shots, but those were only temp relief and I've also read they can increase the likelihood that your biceps will tear. My first MRI was also normal. I've researched some shoulder surgery alternatives, as my doc also said nothing to operate on. What I did is ask for a better MRI. Friend told me that the MRI I had initially was poor quality, so i found a 3.0T unit where I live (see GE Healthcare-Product Features-Magnetic Resonance Imaging). This is the best quality image on the market because the MRI field is about three times stronger than most units. Had this MRI and it showed a small tear in the biceps tendon, when the first low resolution MRI was read as normal. I then went back to ortho who told me he could sew the tear, but that I'd be out from lifting for about 6 mo to a year, bummer! I then started researching on the web. I found some info on prolotherapy. This is where they inject stuff which kicks off extra healing cycles (see Spinal Injury Foundation Patient Resources - Treatment - Prolotherapy). I tried a few of these with a local doc, only some help. I then looked at some of the stem cell stuff on the web. Most of this is out of country and a little shady. I then found these docs in Denver who can inject your own stem cells into the biceps tear (The Regenexx ? Procedure stem cell therapy). I'm still trying to see if I want to lay out the cash for that, but it looks like a good option. Hope all of this rambling helps!

Back