shoulder pain brols

Who is Mike Jones?

http://www.2girls1cup.com
I got this pain in my shoulder and it all started after heavy benching. Never let it heal and eventually kept hurting. Decided to take a break from heavy lifting and heal it. Started with ice and now on heat and it's feeling better. Been off heavy lifting almost a week and will continue to rest it.

question: On going back to lifting . . .best to ice immedietly after to prevent issues again?

I got this pain in my shoulder and it all started after heavy benching. Never let it heal and eventually kept hurting. Decided to take a break from heavy lifting and heal it. Started with ice and now on heat and it's feeling better. Been off heavy lifting almost a week and will continue to rest it.

question: On going back to lifting . . .best to ice immedietly after to prevent issues again?

best thing would be to stop doing shoulders for a while...there are so many parts to work out....

Thanks
John

Icing is for swelling and is usually used for an initial injury. Heat stimulated blood flow and is usually used for muscle strains and to loosen tissue and relax an injured area.

Both of these however can be used for chronic pains. Having had to visit a sports doctor for injuries over the years, with a few resulting in surgeries, by alternating both for 10-15 minutes each for 2 or 3 times each has been found to be successful.

Best thing to do is rest an injury otherwise you may be further behind if you further injure it. Also seek medical help to better diagnose this. While I'm sure there are plenty of good GPs I always prefer for stuff like this to visit a sports doctor; they understand a lot better and also understand you want to get back at things.

Icing is for swelling and is usually used for an initial injury. Heat stimulated blood flow and is usually used for muscle strains and to loosen tissue and relax an injured area.

Both of these however can be used for chronic pains. Having had to visit a sports doctor for injuries over the years, with a few resulting in surgeries, by alternating both for 10-15 minutes each for 2 or 3 times each has been found to be successful.

Best thing to do is rest an injury otherwise you may be further behind if you further injure it. Also seek medical help to better diagnose this. While I'm sure there are plenty of good GPs I always prefer for stuff like this to visit a sports doctor; they understand a lot better and also understand you want to get back at things.

any good tips on finding a good sports doctor?

I sort of knew who I was looking for as a Sports Doctor. Having watched him play hockey for many years in the NHL and acquiring 5 Stanley Cup rings, and knowing that he practiced sports therapy/medicine and also was an alumni of the president of my company, I simply looked in the Yellow Pages and found where he practiced. No reference was required from my GP and as I am Canadian my healthcare is free; it was a no brainer.

I've seen him for an elbow injury that needed surgery, a severed ACL that needed surgery and twice now for some crush vertebrae that could be surgery in my future if I'm not more careful. The nice thing is he gives me sound advise; stop doing what I'm doing to get injured however also understands as he was an athlete. Whether surgery, physio or medication; he is on the ball for what I've needed and I trust him.

For your area see if you can do an internet search. Look in your Yellow Pages. Or see if you can get referred by your GP. Good luck.

Last edited:
I sort of knew who I was looking for as a Sports Doctor. Having watched him play hockey for many years in the NHL and acquiring 5 Stanley Cup rings, and knowing that he practiced sports therapy/medicine and also was an alumni of the president of my company, I simply looked in the Yellow Pages and found where he practiced. No reference was required from my GP and as I am Canadian my healthcare is free; it was a no brainer.

I've seen him for an elbow injury that needed surgery, a severed ACL that needed surgery and twice now for some crush vertebrae that could be surgery in my future if I'm not more careful. The nice thing is he gives me sound advise; stop doing what I'm doing to get injured however also understands as he was an athlete. Whether surgery, physio or medication; he is on the ball for what I've needed and I trust him.

For your area see if you can do an internet search. Look in your Yellow Pages. Or see if you can get referred by your GP. Good luck.

thanks for the good solid advice

Back