So my EXTREME teenage acne is on it's way back...i'm losing all hope on life man..

changeyourlife

So if any of you seen my first post it was about how my acne as a teen was RIDICULOUS! I can not stress that enough.. I was suicidal as a teen it was so bad.. I was one of the EXTREME cases on acne.. I also have low testosterone so I was put on TRT because I couldn't live with the sides of low t...

So now almost 2 weeks into TRT a certain feeling I haven't had since I was a teen came back...my face feels gross and oily.. a few hours after showering I can FEEL the oil on my face without even touching it.. it just feels like it's humid everywhere is a good way to describe it.. even in 70 degree air conditioning.... my face also has the shine that it did as a teen..

I remember this feeling like it was yesterday... I just know my acne is going to come back HARD and I don't know what to do.. I can't f**king win...

When I say I had bad acne I'm not exaggerating.. I'm not talking breakouts I'm talking covered.. I even had it around my lips and got bullied about having herpes.. (fu*ked up man) If this comes back I don't know what the hell I'm going to do!

I can't come off of TRT because the sides are unbearable.. but if this acne comes back I won't be able to live! I will NEVER have a girlfriend again. I won't even be able to go outside!

Someone has to be going through/have gone through what I'm going through right now. Someone please give some advice!!!

Last edited:
get some Benzac gel with a 10% concentration of Benzoyl Peroxide. i use the 5% gel on my face every night after a shower. been doing so for years and it works like magic. it will dye your pillows so dont sleep on those batman sheets that you care about.

if that doesnt work accutane is your next option. did you run accutane when you were a teen?

yes TRT will stimulate the sebaceous glands so more oil, that's not entirely a problem to worry about but if it leads to acne get on some accutane and shrink those glads, it's easy to get and 6 months you're cured for life . also use salicylic acid face wash over benzoyl peroxide you'll just get dry skin and get some face wipes with salicylic acid too, I use them all the time

get some Benzac gel with a 10% concentration of Benzoyl Peroxide. i use the 5% gel on my face every night after a shower. been doing so for years and it works like magic. it will dye your pillows so dont sleep on those batman sheets that you care about.

if that doesnt work accutane is your next option. did you run accutane when you were a teen?

None of this crap works whatsoever in my case. I tried EVERYTHING possible as a teen other than Accutane.. Thank you though.

As we mentioned in your other thread, you simply need to check your estradiol levels and use an AI if your estradiol is too high. Give the following study a read.

Serum hormone levels in men with severe acne. - PubMed - NCBI

I'm on a AI I think my body responds to high test levels over anything :/

Okay so I woke up with an EXTREMELY oily face scared to look in the mirror.. just did.. not a single pimple yet. Nothing on chest.. back has not changed yet. So far i'm doing alright (ugh lol) Thank you everyone for the help! Is two weeks okay to go ahead and get a blood test to check hormone levels? I imagine it should show in my bloodwork at least regardless of physical changes yet.

I'm just starting my 5th month on Accutane and can definitely say it works wonders. My dr thinks I've got 1-2 months left.

Im about a month and 16 days into my TRT and I use to get really bad cystic acne from streroid cycles. I'm starting to get bad acne again so I'm scheduling a blood test ASAP to make sure my estrogen levels are in check. I know how you feel man and know how horrible it is to have really bad acne the thing you need to do is get your estrogen and testosterone levels checked and make sure everything is in normal ranges. You could also schedule a apointment with a dermatologist and tell them about how bad your acne was when you were younger and that you are on TRT now and that you would like to come up with a game plan to treat any future acne. The dermatologist will probably just give you some over the counter products and tell you to come back if the acne gets worse and that they will give you antibiotics or accutane. It could give you some peace of mind just meeting with a dermatologist so you know you have someone in your corner to help you if things get bad.

One thing I highly recommend is to try your very hardest to stay calm. I know how stressful acne can be but as long as you are doing everything in your power to stay acne free worrying is pointless and will only cause you anxiety. I've also heard stress can trigger acne so stressing out is counterproductive. Accutane is always a option to if acne gets really bad so don't feel like you are helpless to fight acne. Some people have had very minimal side effects from accutane and it's been a life saver for them.

Just keep ur injections e3d for best stability. Don't do it once a week or once per two weeks.

Keep ur e2 in a decent range as well not too high.

Like the others said, u can run accutane. It's my go to method to fight this IMO. It's not for everyone though.

dont use soap, dont use hot water, dont shower too much. Seriously. These things dry up your skin, which causes the skin to try and oil up quickly. Maybe the first few days you dont wash your face the oil will keep building up. Wash it with cool water. Then after some days when the skin has recovered its natural protection, it wont produce that much oil anymore. I shower EOD or E3D.

please reply

Hi 'changeyourlife'

I'm in the same boat you are/were when you started. Freaks me out. Please can you tell your progress. I hope you doing fine bro!

please reply

Hi 'changeyourlife'

I'm in the same boat you are/were when you started. Freaks me out. Please can you tell your progress. I hope you doing fine bro!

The UV rays from a tanning bed kills acne bacteria? I did not know this!

I dont think tanning beds kill bacteria.. I think they tan the pimples and help them blend in better. Tanning beds also increase your risk of getting MS by 3% every time you get in one. No thanks

Man I know how most feel about Accutane but if I was to the point of staying inside , not having a woman and being suicidal I'll be damned if I wouldn't do it . In fact I did research Isotrentinoin for 4 months last summer and it cleared me right up (well 5 weeks in -4 months) . I do get bloods every few months and it was recommended to me to get a lipid profile . All of my levels were in check . I'm just saying before my quality of life went downhill and I had been through all the other soaps and recommendations and was at my wits end , I would.

I dont think tanning beds kill bacteria.. I think they tan the pimples and help them blend in better. Tanning beds also increase your risk of getting MS by 3% every time you get in one. No thanks

UV light does indeed kill certain bacteria. Not all acne is of this nature, but it does have clinical implications.

MS by 3%?

Did you know that the American Cancer Society used to tell people to get in tanning beds because your risk of cancer due to free radical damage via low vitamin D is far greater?

Why did they stop? Because the low chance of developing skin cancer would put them in a legal position for being sued. :)

I dont think tanning beds kill bacteria

UV light does kill bacteria . UV lighting systems, similar to whats used in tanning beds, is also used in commercial water filtration system, and commercial hvac air handling systems . they are installed to kill bacteria in water for filtration, and air borne bacteria from dx based cooling systems (which are bacteria prone).

obviously a completely different application then killing bacteria on or within the body, but it does kill bacteria. not sure being exposed to UV light long enough to kill the bacteria would be healthy for you though anyhow

Back