Spiro cream

HeHateMe

Have any of you made your own topical spiro cream? Is it difficult?

I can get aldactone tabs on the cheap. Could I just crush them into a fine powder and mix with something such as dermovan cream?

I'm tired of paying thirty bucks a pop for Dr. Lee's spiro.

Dang, someone made a bunch on here awhile ago, simplyhuge? I can't remember, search time....

I ended up making my own, I started off with the spiro tabs and crushing them but with the binder I didn't feel it was ideal, I ended up purchasing spiro powder for more effectiveness.

I just mix this with a popular brand skin cream that is absorbed very well into my skin.

Last edited:
Lucky13 said:
I ended up making my own, I started off with the spiro tabs and crushing them but with the binder I didn't feel it was ideal, I ended up purchasing spiro powder for more effectiveness.

I just mix this with a popular brand skin cream that is absorbed very well into my skin.

With the current powder situation, I don't think that's an option right now.

So the tab crushing method is a definite no-no in your estimation?

No I think it worked well, just not as well as pure powder...go for it...alot of the guys on the baldy brigade forums use it with success :)

simpllyhuge said:
he hate me, how long does it take for dutastride to leave your system?

I'm not sure about whats on paper but for me after 2weeks my sex drive goes off the scale, same with fin.

simpllyhuge said:
he hate me, how long does it take for dutastride to leave your system?

I believe the half-life of dut is around five weeks or so. This means that it'll take months for it to completely leave your system.

I take dut on a Mon, Wed, Fri regimen currently. .5mg three times per week abolishes 90% DHT or so (somewhere around there). .5mg ED eliminates 98.5% according to the studies. I'd be leary of almost totally eradicating DHT from my system.

I've just passed the one year mark on dutasteride, and I have to say that I'm pleased with the results (despite a lowered libido). Maintenance, and even a slight thickening, has been my experience.

Lucky13 said:
No I think it worked well, just not as well as pure powder...go for it...alot of the guys on the baldy brigade forums use it with success :)

I opted for one tub of Dr. Lee's to hold me off. I'm definitely going to get those aldactone tabs and test my chemistry skills. :)

Aldactone tabs are cheap as dirt (powder is beyond cheap). Dr. Lee/GenHair and anyone else selling spiro lotion/solution are making an absolute killing!

HeHateMe said:
I opted for one tub of Dr. Lee's to hold me off. I'm definitely going to get those aldactone tabs and test my chemistry skills. :)

Aldactone tabs are cheap as dirt (powder is beyond cheap). Dr. Lee/GenHair and anyone else selling spiro lotion/solution are making an absolute killing!

Agreed it's almost criminal..... poor people need hair too :D!

With the spiro tabs I just put them in a bowl and crush them with a spoon, it soon turns to complete powder, pour into blenda and chuck in the dermo cream..mix for a few mins and hey presto! hair in a bottle :afro:

HeHateMe said:
I believe the half-life of dut is around five weeks or so. This means that it'll take months for it to completely leave your system.
I take dut on a Mon, Wed, Fri regimen currently. .5mg three times per week abolishes 90% DHT or so (somewhere around there). .5mg ED eliminates 98.5% according to the studies. I'd be leary of almost totally eradicating DHT from my system.

I've just passed the one year mark on dutasteride, and I have to say that I'm pleased with the results (despite a lowered libido). Maintenance, and even a slight thickening, has been my experience.

HHM do you have any links for this data ? if true why would they recomemnd .5mg daily.

Personaly I'm very interested in this data as I've discovered my heart palitations and anxiety seems to be related to the dut I've been taking...

Lucky13 said:
HHM do you have any links for this data ? if true why would they recomemnd .5mg daily.

Personaly I'm very interested in this data as I've discovered my heart palitations and anxiety seems to be related to the dut I've been taking...

I don't have anything on hand. They have charts over at hairlosshelp or hairlosstalk (I get them confused often) displaying the percentage of inhibition experienced at various dosages. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I don't know if they 'recommend' .5mg daily for cosmetic (hair-salvaging) purposes as Phase 3 trials on dutasteride's effect on hair loss were cancelled. That is the dose that was used in the studies and also the dosage used in the treatment of BPH (Avodart's primary use) so that's the dose most are inclined to use.

i put one strip of dr readys dut (like 10) in my minoxidil with rentin a and was using it for a few days and i really cake of the minoxidil. any way my minoxidil has retin a in it which i believe really helps and i think it got sytemically absorbed because im on juice again and am still not horny.

Well I've often wondered this but when I've asked it's been explained like this .....if you mixed 50 x 100mg spiro tabs that's 5g Spiro into 100ml of cream giving a 5% solution...I've never really understood it but no one had corrected me when I've asked :(

Back