Duta during PCT/ Topical DHT Blocker/ and Hair Transplant Info

A-10

Delectable Injectables
I'm currently taking Dutasteride at .5mg eod and coming to an end of my current cycle of test/tren. Noticing a good deal of shedding on the front hairline which sucks.

A) During post cycle therapy (pct) I was going to drop the Duta to E4D, as I've read that at that dose its nearly as effective as finas at 1mg eod or close to it. What would people recommend for dosing during post cycle therapy (pct)?

B) My next cycle will be test 750wk/tren A 75eodwk. I'll likely add Duta at a very low dose for prostate reasons but my question is: If I used a thorough regimen of topical stuff [nizoral/spiro] on a consistent basis how much elimination of DHT would I see on the scalp? I'd rather just elminate it at the hairline instead of overall.

C) Down the road I'd eventually look into a hair transplant for the front hairline. It's not too bad at the moment but I don't really want it to get to that point. Would it be possible to run a cycle of test or test/deca along with the hair topicals and not chance a poor outcome for the transplant? Or even the addition of finasteride along with the test cycle? I havent read too indepth on the hair transplant stuff

Dutasteride and finasteride are commonly used long term to see real results. Personally, these two compounds, frankly, f*#k me up...decreased libido, general malaise feeling, bad. I've had very good results with a topical regimen of: minoxidil, spiro, azelaic acid and nizoral shampoo. If you're not sensitive to dutasteride then I'd use it as it's going to be more effective overall at preventing hairloss IMO. It's my understanding that the hair they use for the transplant isn't genetically susceptible to falling out.

DocJ said:
Dutasteride and finasteride are commonly used long term to see real results. Personally, these two compounds, frankly, f*#k me up...decreased libido, general malaise feeling, bad. I've had very good results with a topical regimen of: minoxidil, spiro, azelaic acid and nizoral shampoo. If you're not sensitive to dutasteride then I'd use it as it's going to be more effective overall at preventing hairloss IMO. It's my understanding that the hair they use for the transplant isn't genetically susceptible to falling out.
Interesting

hey dude i woudn't drop the dut anymore, what you read and real life results are completly different , dut literature may say it blocks 90%+ of DHT but thats bull..in reality dut was tested for hairloss at 5mg but .5 for prostate health.stick with .5mg ed also add nizoral and spiro mix. I've seen some excellent hair transplants for the frontal region but it'll cost ya $10 000 for 3000FUI implants that'll take an average Norwood 2 patient back to Norwood 1...the point is $10000 or a few hundred for some hair meds ...

Lucky13 said:
hey dude i woudn't drop the dut anymore, what you read and real life results are completly different , dut literature may say it blocks 90%+ of DHT but thats bull..in reality dut was tested for hairloss at 5mg but .5 for prostate health.stick with .5mg ed also add nizoral and spiro mix. I've seen some excellent hair transplants for the frontal region but it'll cost ya $10 000 for 3000FUI implants that'll take an average Norwood 2 patient back to Norwood 1...the point is $10000 or a few hundred for some hair meds ...

I was looking at some picture results with people after a number of transplants and the number of graphs needed, or that I would need is way lower than that imo. There were some guys with zero hair on the top and after 500-1000 graphs they almost had a full head of hair. I'm thinking I'd need a few hundred at most as I'd prob be an N1, beginning of N2 at the most.

I knew a kid who at 22 was completely bald and then showed up back at home last year with a full head of hair, told meit had cost him about 4000. So a transplant is definately an option down the road, but the hair meds for right now I'll focus on for delaying that for sure.

DocJ said:
It's my understanding that the hair they use for the transplant isn't genetically susceptible to falling out.

This would be big because then I would be able to run Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) during the transplant as Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) only accelerates those who are predisposed to MPB right? Like I said I havent read much into it in detail but I have heard of some of the transplants not being as successful because of the hair being rejected, maybe this stems from surgical errors and poor choices of donor areas, etc..?

Hey dude take those pictures and pretend they never existed, real life with sunlight or indoor spot lights takes nearly every hair trasplant and puts the doctors work to shame. You need at least 80fui per cm squared to maintain a decent density, even then it will look a little suss.

shockloss and resting phase after surgery is normal but with a good doctor I've seen 99% survival, follicle angle and placement is crucial otherwise you hair will look like pubes and thats why you have to pay for the best..but it's not gonna cost 4000 ;)

If it wasn't for hairloss I'd be drinking tren and test :D

does azelaic acid work. ive been using spiro and nizerol and have seen regrowth.

im waiting for my spiro tabs to get here to make my own spiro.

well i've heard fantastic stuff about azelaic acid..on paper that is :D Infact in real life it was disgusting, smelt like shite, for teh first couple of weeks my head was raw red as fu**, if you actually have hair then just forget it as your hair turns into a crease ball like the Fonz...if ya bald already then great instead you will just have white shit all over your head..

try it if you enjoy suffering :D

transplants fall short because the donor area is limited. however in the future follicle neogenesis might be the answer to that.

if hair means that much to you the best bets are the topicals, anti dht pills, and staying away from the compounds that aggravate alopecia.

i would like to know more about transplants? my father got one but they took skin from the back of his head and threw it out. Are they all like this.

Hair transplants now look almost as good as the real thing...just remember that if your a complete cueball then you will never look like you did when you were 18 no mater how good the surgeon is...I believe most poeple will be will be able to redistrubute up to 10000 FUI with good enough density to fall the average eye...but if your a norwood 3 4 or 5 then there just isn't enough spare hair on the back of you head to transplant....Even if you are losing your hair and decided to shave it, it's still worth taking hair meds so you can keep yourself at this recoverable range...

Lucky13 said:
Hair transplants now look almost as good as the real thing...just remember that if your a complete cueball then you will never look like you did when you were 18 no mater how good the surgeon is...I believe most poeple will be will be able to redistrubute up to 10000 FUI with good enough density to fall the average eye...but if your a norwood 3 4 or 5 then there just isn't enough spare hair on the back of you head to transplant....Even if you are losing your hair and decided to shave it, it's still worth taking hair meds so you can keep yourself at this recoverable range...

I'd put myself between a N1 and 2, so I'm thinking a transplant soon would be key to capitalize on the present status. I have really thin hair to begin with so I don't think density of it would be a drain for $$$.

What about the scarring from a transplant op? This chap at my gym has a very visible straight scar on the back of his head. Most prob from harvesting. He keeps his hair and that's why its visible. The scary thing is, his tranplanted hair is thinning now...

How about hair pieces?

You're talking about the strip scar at the back of the head. Depending on how many grafts you need, this typically goes from ear to ear, but these days (from a good doctor!!!!) they are usually only a few millimetres wide and easily covered by growing the hair at the back a little.

There is also FUE / FIT where they don't cut out a strip. They actually take one follicle at a time from the back of the head with a 'punch' 0.8mm in diameter. It is very labour intensive and 2 or 3 x the price of a strip procedure but the back of the head is healed within a week with no visible scarring.

It is a relatively new technique 6 (ish) years pioneered by Dr Woods in Australia but there are now several very good doctors producing great results in the USA using this technique and the price is coming down. With FUE / FIT as there is no strip scar, the back of the head can be shaved to a number 1 guard with no evidence of anything being done.

For guys with not enough donor hair on the back of the head, this method allows for hair from the body to be utilised (chest, leg, back, arms, beard and even pubic!!!!!), without any visible scarring to the skin.

Because of the cost and time it takes (presently around 600 - 900 grafts max in a day), for largers sessions of 2000+, strip surgery maybe the better option if you don't mind the scar. Both CAN produce very realistic, virtually undetectable results IF a good doctor is chosen......... and a good doctor certainly isn't always the one with the most flashy advertising and tv comercials!

Research is key.

Last edited:
Great post arambol, you should write a sticky on this....could save alot of people serious money and suffering.

A-10 said:
I'd put myself between a N1 and 2, so I'm thinking a transplant soon would be key to capitalize on the present status. I have really thin hair to begin with so I don't think density of it would be a drain for $$$.

If you do decide to go ahead with a procedure, remember to research, research again, and then research some more the doctors with whom you decide to consult with. Hair transplantation has come a VERY LONG way since the early days of doll-like plugs, and there are some very competent doctors out there. Hasson & Wong, Feller, and Armani are a few names that come to mind. There are also a lot of terrible ones out there who shouldn't be in practice. www.hairlosshelp.com is an excellent site. You might wanna check out their hair transplant forum. Very informative.

Also remember that hair loss is progressive. You most likely (depending on the severity of your hair loss) will have to have atleast one other procedure performed in the future. You have to calculate this into the overall cost as well. This is why maintenance (with finasteride/dutasteride and topicals) is of such importance.

HeHateMe said:
Also remember that hair loss is progressive. You most likely (depending on the severity of your hair loss) will have to have atleast one other procedure performed in the future. You have to calculate this into the overall cost as well. This is why maintenance (with finasteride/dutasteride and topicals) is of such importance.

I agree. My next cycle will be test + npp so I've been looking into either a topical duta or fina for the hair as I wouldnt be able to take it orally. I'm hoping the npp and topicals will be forgiving on the hairline.

Back