squat help -- calling all muscle bears

toodles

Horse Nuts
my fucking shoulder is popping and hurting like a bitch when I back squat. I tried moving the bar from a low squat to a high squat. same shit. it kind of feels like the joint is coming in and out.

switched to front squat and no pain.

any ideas?

I know these are terrible pictures, but try gripping it like this, ull see what i mean once u try it.

Weights%20squat.jpg

paulanderson_squat.gif

+1 for PA. That is the correct grip.

Now I'm not saying that is going to fix the problem at hand. Might need some time to heal up.

Even with a wide grip the squat can be strenuous on your shoulders. You made the right move to switching to a front squat.

Another thing I would do when your shoulder feels better is doing lower reps.

Even with a wide grip the squat can be strenuous on your shoulders. You made the right move to switching to a front squat.

Another thing I would do when your shoulder feels better is doing lower reps.

it doesn't feel like the front squats hit my booty and hamstrings enough.

i have had the same problems, i can not hold the bar with my hands inward

everytime i squat i put them out as far as they can go

work on form where your arms and shoulders arent handling any weight, they justbur stabilize the bar. but should be doing rotator cuff work anyways

i thought you didnt lift homey?

Not good for the lumbar spine area either. Hipsled, and biking will build quads too.

I won't be squatting for much longer. I don't know any of the old school guys who have been doing powerlifting for long who don't have major pain issues with their knees and backs. Fuck that. I want to be mobile when I'm older.

^there are ways to prevent injury ie . wearing briefs, rotating squat variations, etc. doing shoulder rehab is a good idea also and prehab for lowerback/hips is always smart. 95% of the time most people get injured squatting because of bad form.

^there are ways to prevent injury ie . wearing briefs, rotating squat variations, etc. doing shoulder rehab is a good idea also and prehab for lowerback/hips is always smart. 95% of the time most people get injured squatting because of bad form.

When I get older I don't think I will have that kind of dedication to squats in order to do all that stuff. The leg press and hack squats and extensions et cetera will have to suffice.

Go through back surgery, and you will never want to do squats again. I hurt just thinking about it.

I won't be squatting for much longer. I don't know any of the old school guys who have been doing powerlifting for long who don't have major pain issues with their knees and backs. Fuck that. I want to be mobile when I'm older.

This is why I didn't play pro football.

Back