Starting 1st Cycle. Please let me know what you think.

nano4.0

Some stats to start with:

31 years old
5'7 175 pounds roughly 13% Bf

I'm in my first week of Test C @ 300mg once a week for 10 weeks. I know I should have everything on hand before I start, but I got anxious and should have liquidex in the next couple days. I will be taking .25mg EOD to start with. Not totally sure if i should up the dosage or same dosage ED. Some help with that would be nice. I'm gonna wait about a month and purchase my PCT which will consist of Tomax @ 40/20/20/20mg and Clomi 75/50/50/50mg. So let me have it people, how does this sound for a first cycle? Please offer any information or opinions on dosage and frequency of dosage. BTW using ar-r for liquidex, tomax and clomi.

Go read the ology faq sticky. You got a lot to learn. I wouldn't pin anymore until you do...

I did read the stickies. I"m going with a low dose of test c (300mg) because it is my first time. I got personal advice from someone who has been doing this for about 12 years. I was told results vary from person to person, but also there was no need to do a large test cycle the very first time. A low dose will let me know how exactly I'm going to react, then I can take what I learned from the first cycle and change it up for the second (ie higher dosage). I'm also doing the single shot a week, because cypionate has the longest half life (from what i read in the stickies). So where exactly am I going wrong?

thanks

Let's not stand on ceremony and cut to the chase, with a few things, maybe more than a few in your case...

First of all, the whole 'I'm going to start at 300mg and work my way up instead of rushing into a high dose like the rest of the fools' mentality is respectable and all, however, there is a fine line between underdosed, well-dosed and well, you get the picture.

Testosterone Cypionate @ 300mg/week is a high-end TRT dose. Yes, you will most likely experience physical changes, however, the fine-line I speak of, as would many others in regards to your dosing regime/goals, agree that you are underdosed. What determines whether you're at an optimal dose is quite simple, your goals, which in this case I can and will safely assume is to be in an anabolic state for the hopes of body transformation purposes.

'More is better' is true and does apply when comparing 300mg with 500mg of Test C and the whole 'oh i dont know how my body will react to it' crap is automatically dissolved. It's Testosterone, how do you think you're going to react to it?
It's going play a big positive part in you reaching your current goal(s), OH you meant how is your body going to react negatively to it?

Well, estrogen is your only issue and what ever other genetic predispositions you carry will most likely be further pronounced (MPB, anger, oily skin, severe acne, gynocomastia, blah blah blah...), these are not uncommon and without experiencing these I recommend you accepting that you may well in fact experience three-quarters of these side effects. The use of an AI will help abate the gyno and other nasty estrogen related sides which then has us asking... what other side effects could you be concerned with? You ask as though you run the risk of losing an arm or a finger with a higher than 300mg dose. There is no other unknown side effect you will encounter, so BANG, your point "A low dose will let me know how exactly I'm going to react" has been dissolved.

I'm sure anybody worth mentioning will agree a LARGE dose of Testosterone should not be used for a first cycle, the same exact same people will also agree that using a LOW dose is of same stupidity.Testosterone Replacement Therapy dose, the negative side effects barely differ between 300mg and 500mg/week (increased oily skin maybe, increased water retention most likely, however, irrelevant) If they worry you, do not ever inject a steroid into your body, simple. However, the positive side effects in terms of gains between 300mg and 500mg differ greatly. If you want to know a smart dose to work from, 500mg of Testosterone alone should be used for a first time cycle.

Don't give us that crap about not knowing how you will react to Testosterone because you will have no idea anyway seeing as though it will be coupled with Dianabol, you won't even know which compound is doing what, which negative side effect is from which AAS, you will be taking guesses. Any dose or any cycle which has you guessing, is a bad cycle. Your now so called 'smart dose of 300mg' is now a very silly cycle. Do you see my point? You're ignoring many other important angles.

Anyway, let's begin.

You should of had your PCT on hand before beginning a cycle, but you fucked up so we'll move on.

PCT begins 18 days after last pin.

Clomid 100/50/50/50
Nolva 40/20/20/20

AI Dosage?

Begin with 0.5mg M/W/F Don't know what dosage is best for you? Either do we. Get blood work done as often as possible and track E2 levels, you probably won't figure out your sweet spot dose during your first cycle. Adjust accordingly on your cycle after, and again with the one after etc etc... that is how you learn what works best for you, not by some guy telling you what he does, you're not him.

Start researching more and you'll soon learn 300mg of Test C pinned once a week is not 300mg of Test C/week. Many people think 'if I inject 300mg and it has a half-life of 18 days, that means I will have 300mg of Test for 18 days' that is your current theory, as is of many others, don't be part of the many others, be part of the 5% who know what the F is going on.

A quick side note, a healthy male produces anywhere between, well I don't know... 60mg-80mg of Testosterone per week? Let's say 80mg or arguments sake. You've now injected 300mg of exogenous Testosterone and have suppressed your HPTA, meaning you're now producing ZERO endogenous Testosterone, subtract the already 80mg you would of naturally had from the 300mg and you're left with 220mg of Testosterone, pfft... assuming it's even dosed at EXACTLY what it's said to be dosed at, I'd say less, but we'll pretend it's dosed perfectly, you've now suppressed your HPTA for 220mg extra Testosterone. hashtagNotWorth.

If I've missed anything please let me know, I've literally forgot what I came here for now.

iMVP you hit the nail on the head for what i'm looking for. Thank you for your advice and I will take it all into consideration (well more so just fucking USE it and not consider it). I appreciate the time to fill me in on this stuff. So, the search for more knowledge continues for me! There is a boat load of information and many people have many thoughts and theories on this so sometimes it's hard to decipher what's useful, and what isn't. Oh, btw you were talking about negative affects and mentioned dianabol. I'm not taking dianabol. Thanks again!

The next thing I would ask is should I continue with the cycle i'm on, or up the dosage to say the 500 mg/week?

Last edited:
so the guys have given you alot of good advice here...

up to a minimum of 400mg.. 500 is the gold standard though..

whats more important is how your diet is going to be on cycle and after cycle... gear without proper nutrition is a waste of time.. you dont magically grow muscle.. you have to eat to meet your goals..

also, proper adjustments to nutrition should be made for pct to help natty recovery

I'm no nutritionist but I'm eating "clean". Protein intake is around 200 grams a day and the carbs are around 150 grams. I'm also keeping the fats low too. I'm not trying to get massive so to speak. For PCT what should the diet look like as opposed to on cycle diet? Also should I change the carb count?

Last edited:
200g protein... 800 calories

150g carbs 600 calories

so thats 1400 calories..

what are your goals on this cycle?????

Like I said before im not trying to be a bb. I'm an mma guy and yes I do wanna get bigger but I'm really looking to have that dense solid muscle. The numbers I gave are sort of "rough" numbers. I don't ALWAYS write out my diet and count every calorie. (Maybe I should) 1400 seems super low but I'm def not arguing the number u gave. The other day I was at around 2800 calories and the protein and carbs were a little higher. Like I stated b4 I don't always but I try to use a calorie app to track food.

Like I said before im not trying to be a bb. I'm an mma guy and yes I do wanna get bigger but I'm really looking to have that dense solid muscle. The numbers I gave are sort of "rough" numbers. I don't ALWAYS write out my diet and count every calorie. (Maybe I should) 1400 seems super low but I'm def not arguing the number u gave. The other day I was at around 2800 calories and the protein and carbs were a little higher. Like I stated b4 I don't always but I try to use a calorie app to track food.

im not coming down on you brother... im trying to help you make the best of your cycle..

i do sport jiujitsu myself.. and i know how taxing that can be..

if you were at 2800 calories and lets say 250g carbs and protein.. thats still only 2000 calories.. so you got 800 calories from fat??? whats your fat intake going to be???

u probably burn off 1000 calories in one training session.. shit i know i do..

my point is.. if youre going to put drugs in your body for growth and strength you have to feed your body the right balance and amount of nutrients..

at this point.. you seem clueless about it..

Simple Simon, as was said basically 300mg test C once a week is pissing in the North wind to have any noticeable changes. There is a reason for the twice a week injections and you don't know or have considered this. SO.... it is obvious that you have not researched this information.

If you want to continue, well do so but start catching up NOW. Change you can up your dosage but you MUST start an AI, Adex NOW. Like yesterday. Along with this you need blood work to watch a number of things along with your Estradiol level.

I say you can continue but the AI is imperative. Get all your needs in the next few days from maybe RUI it will be quickest.

Now also to see some changes you must get your diet in some order and a caloric increase will be necessary to keep up with the enhanced rate of synthesis of protein and your metabolism.

The vets here can coach you better on all these things such as your PCT and diet, they know what they talk about. I as well have been around. Good luck

I already ordered from rui and I tracked it and should have it tomorrow or next day. Ok I will up the caloric intake noticeably, and have gotten some good advice that I will use for the PCT. As for the pinning I need to get more syringes and needles I only got the 10 that came with my cycle. So for now I'm gonna stick with the once a week plus I only have the 1 vial of test c. So I'm a little f'd in that situation. I do appreciate the advice everybody. I'm thick skinned and don't react like a pussy when people come down on me. So I fo love all this advice.

Liquidex came today. I'm Taking .25 mg EOD. I've seen a lot of posts on different sites saying some don't need it at all and some swear by .25ml EOD no matter what your doing. Whats the opinions?

Start with 0.25mg EOD for now, you may be fine with that dose or you may need to double the dose depending on how well your body tolerates E build-up.

Did you get blood work done prior to your cycle? Do you plan on getting your blood work checked mid cycle? If you're smart, you will.
If your E2 levels are of concern after two weeks of Arimidex use of 0.25mg EOD I would recommend increasing your dose to 0.50mg EOD

I'd also recommend getting blood work checked possibly a week after your PCT protocol, or you will only be asking yourself, and then us, whether or not you are recovering.

Speaking of PCT... you're going to run into Estrogen rebound after discontinuing your Arimidex, which I recommend doing so as Arimidex is not a good mix with Nolvadex (Tamoxifen) which if curious as to why, research!

Did someone say Exemestane during PCT @ 25mg ED? Hooray! (although 12.5mg ED should suffice, only blood work will tell!)

Well no I didn't get blood work done which I should have but its to late for that. I'm in my fouth week now and as of right now I have ZERO side affects of any kind. I am taking the arimadex at .25mg EOD and I feel good with no gyno or any other sides period. I've added about 10-12 pounds (fluctuating) so far. I've got like 5 1/2 weeks left on cycle then the 2 to 3 weeks off cycle then I will start my clomid/tomax PCT.

Well no I didn't get blood work done which I should have but its to late for that. I'm in my fouth week now and as of right now I have ZERO side affects of any kind. I am taking the arimadex at .25mg EOD and I feel good with no gyno or any other sides period. I've added about 10-12 pounds (fluctuating) so far. I've got like 5 1/2 weeks left on cycle then the 2 to 3 weeks off cycle then I will start my clomid/tomax PCT.

You realize that the 10-12 pounds of weight in 4 weeks is not muscle mass.

Back