starting a new cycle but have shoulder issues....

brooklyn185

I finished a 12 week test e cycle with all proper protocol (hcg, aromison, PCT etc..) back in Nov 14. During this cycle I was going pretty heavy and tore my shoulder labrum (likely had the issue already since I'm 45, but surly didn't do it any favors training).

I have since gone to the doctor and he has elected (for now) to treat with cortisone and not surgery. It feel okay but notice slight discomfort when doing only certain exercises and when going very heavy.

Here's my question: Looking to start a 16 week Test e (600 mg per week, Deca 400 mg per week 1-12, 50 mg dbol kick start 4 wks, 40 mg anavar finish wk 10-16) cycle in the beginning of Feb. I feel that I can finish the cycle but don't know if i'll be able to go as heavy as i really want to to maximize the gains.

1) Does the cycle look okay? 2) any thoughts on going a little lighter during the cycle?

Not a good idea. Cortisone injections can mask the pain amazingly, so even if you feel great and start lifting heavy your just more likely to damage it further. I would hold off on the cycle until fully healed... Look into TB500 to speed up healing if your really impatient.

To answer your other question I would run Deca for a minimum of 14 weeks.. preferably 16... and obviously the test e 2 weeks longer as you already know.

Why risk going heavy?
Rich piana, mid 40s, quit lifting heavy due to joint issues,, he runs plenty of cycles doing light weight hi volume (30 reps for squats).. Seems to be working for him

I finished a 12 week test e cycle with all proper protocol (hcg, aromison, PCT etc..) back in Nov 14. During this cycle I was going pretty heavy and tore my shoulder labrum (likely had the issue already since I'm 45, but surly didn't do it any favors training).

I have since gone to the doctor and he has elected (for now) to treat with cortisone and not surgery. It feel okay but notice slight discomfort when doing only certain exercises and when going very heavy.

Here's my question: Looking to start a 16 week Test e (600 mg per week, Deca 400 mg per week 1-12, 50 mg dbol kick start 4 wks, 40 mg anavar finish wk 10-16) cycle in the beginning of Feb. I feel that I can finish the cycle but don't know if i'll be able to go as heavy as i really want to to maximize the gains.

1) Does the cycle look okay? 2) any thoughts on going a little lighter during the cycle?

gains are determined more by diet and less by the weight you are lifting... our muscles are not that smart... just get the mind-muscle connection going and make one plate feel like two

cortisone injections do not just mask the pain they reduce inflammation a lot which helps healing also. considering the doctor elected not to do surgery i think you will be good to run a cycle. maybe just discuss working out with your doctor and get his opinion also on your lifting.

You just wrapped up a cycle in november. If you did a pct then time on + time off would put you into April.

I just ordered some TB500...hope it helps as it indicates. Any suggestions on how to use? Dosage, application, etc...

Also, originally was going to wait until March to run this cycle but considered starting early because my shoulder feels okay right now (likely with the help of the cortisone) and with the Deca's joint relief components I felt the urge to get going while the going was good.

Will definitely give the TB500 some time to work now though.

hold off on the cycle til your shoulders feel better bro. cortisone is a mask just like the above advice offered. you'll feel better for awhile, and do more damage during that time. my 2cnts.

update:

Been away awhile since having the shoulder surgery back in March. I have completed physical therapy and started very light workouts within reason. I hope to start my cycle around August (Dr supposed to release me on 7/13) but was thinking about running Clen for a few weeks before I start. What experience should I expect? Was thinking a 2wk on/off. Any ideas on the tapering?

Also, is Clen okay to continue to take on cycle as long as you follow the 2 on 2 off method? Several cycles under my belt but never Clen...

So I had the surgery in March and everything went pretty well. The recovery has been longer than expected. I am done with PT and have been released by the Dr. I have been back in the gym, albeit lighter weight and fewer sets. Some movements still offer discomfort so I just won't do those.

I am considering jumping on my cycle as previously stated (test e, deca with a dbol jump start). My question is: would a lower dose of the Deca lend well for any joint discomfort. How would you lay out a cycle with this in mind?

Also, I have a bottle of Test P to either use at the beginning or at the end. Any opinions on that?

Glad the surgery went well OP: Good to hear you're back in the gym....

All you have done so far is mention the injury, and then gear.

You haven't once said what you are trying to achieve!
You have made no mention of diet.
You've not once mentioned training history, cycle history etc

Just remember this...
Diet, training and sleep all take priority... AAS is just the icing on a very complex cake.
They are NOT the be all and end all...

And that's coming from a rep!

So I had the surgery in March and everything went pretty well. The recovery has been longer than expected. I am done with PT and have been released by the Dr. I have been back in the gym, albeit lighter weight and fewer sets. Some movements still offer discomfort so I just won't do those.

I am considering jumping on my cycle as previously stated (test e, deca with a dbol jump start). My question is: would a lower dose of the Deca lend well for any joint discomfort. How would you lay out a cycle with this in mind?

Also, I have a bottle of Test P to either use at the beginning or at the end. Any opinions on that?

yes, lower doses of deca, between 125 and 250mg a week will help with joint discomfort..

i highly recommend you take it easy with your lifts.. go volume and dont raise your weights at a rapid rate.. it will only lead to injury again..

Back