Starting AAS at age 51.....any advice is great.

MISTER FUNKTASTIC

I'm glad I found this site; it contains a lot of level headed and genuine good topics.
I’ve done a lot of googling and reading all the stickys here, but there’s not much talk about AAS at age 51.

I started going to the gym in the early part of the year.
At that point I weighed 172 lbs with a BF of 25%
I currently weigh 159 lbs with a BF of 20%
A good diet and going to the gym regularly is bringing me inline.
I’m looking forward to my first cycle, as soon as I get my BF in order (there is
still an inch to pinch around the midsection I need to get rid of) and when I’m ready for 1.5-2 grams of protein.
I understand that your first cycle has to be test, and at my age and testosterone level that my first cycle can be very simple:

1-12 weeks Sust @ 500mg
14-18 weeks Nolva 20
(purchased from AML)

However, like a kid a Christmas, who can’t wait to open his gifts........
I won’t pin yet, but I was wondering if it’s okay to start a 6 week cycle
of Anavar.
Does my being 51 make any difference to the "first cycle must be test"

I would NOT run the var right now. I would not run anything just yet fir that matter. Get that bf down. Use the cycle as motivation to shed the last little bit. Although anavar sides are typically minor to none any time you run AAS with over 20% you're at higher risk, then add in your age and things could get hairy. Get down a little more and run that test, if you feel you must run the var add it to the 2nd half of your cycle after you see the reaction to test. Good luck and welcome.

I know it's harder to loose those pounds the older you get so think of a thermo, that's more beneficial than AAS in your case.

hi mister funt. welcome ,as a "senior" myself i would "listen" to waceyf,i started my cycle at 57.y.o.and going for the second one in a couple of months after a take care of my cholesterol (lowering) because of my bad eating,again welcome

Thanks Waceyf, I'm determined to loose the pounds; I just thought the Anavar might help speed up that process.
Other than that my health is excellent with a strong heart.
Thanks for the welcome Lucasm.

Var is extremely mild and extremely efficient at aiding in fat loss. Run it with your test cycle. The 2 of them will work synergistically together. Test var is still very mild first cycle. Running var alone will still cause a loss of natural test so running test will enhance it effects and vice versa var will enhance the test. Also very important you need to run Arimidex during the sus or you may have estrogen side effects. You also didn't mention post cycle therapy, you'll need some Clomid and tamoxifen.

I would NOT run the var right now. I would not run anything just yet fir that matter. Get that bf down. Use the cycle as motivation to shed the last little bit. Although anavar sides are typically minor to none any time you run AAS with over 20% you're at higher risk, then add in your age and things could get hairy. Get down a little more and run that test, if you feel you must run the var add it to the 2nd half of your cycle after you see the reaction to test. Good luck and welcome.

Good advice I've ran a cycle over 15% bf and didn't see alot of results. ..ran the same cycle at about 11% bf and the results were tripled.

I'm personally against all day lasting thermos. Some days they are stronger then others and your diet changes from day to day. Your metabolism going 900mph makes it hard to keep up with calories your taking in. I believe you should only use a preworkout thermo for cardio and base the rest of the results on diet. You'll never loose or gain without perfecting your diet. I scale and scoop everything on my plate every meal of the day.

Hey bonex, I was just going to use Nolvadex 20 for my PCT.
I'm going to start it 2 weeks after my last pin. Everything I read regarding testosterone levels at my age suggest it to be adequate.

I will order some Anavar soon and will add to my cycle once I start.

Great advice has been given, age is just a number my friend. As a Canadian myself I wish you the best of luck and I hope you log your progress its always fun to watch people grow. And welcome to the site

You need an AI. Also, get clomid. You may need it to recover.
Did anyone mention bloodwork before you cycle to see what your natty Test levels are?

Clomid completely restores your hpta. Which is directly related to libido and erections. Tamoxifen can restore you to natural test levels without fully restoring hpta. You don't have to obtain Clomid but its cheap and a very good edition. Welcome to ology and I'm interested in your results keep in touch.

Hey Smit, you think I need an AI and a Serm for Sustanon. I already ordered Nolvadex.
I had my test levels done more than a few years ago. I believe they were around 11

Hey Smit, you think I need an AI and a Serm for Sustanon. I already ordered Nolvadex.
I had my test levels done more than a few years ago. I believe they were around 11

Absolutely need it on hand before you start. If you start getting sides of high E2 and you don't have, well you may be unhappy with your titties among other things.
Everyone is different on dose. I need about .25 E3D of arimedex only. Some need it ED.
Also, I am 46 and did not cycle until 45.

My last reply didn't appear; let me try again.

Smit, you're absolutely RIGHT ! I should have an AI on hand before I start the cycle.
Somewhere along all the reading I thought I only need Nolvadex due to my already low test being at age 51, and the fact that I was only using sust300
However, more reading/research indicates you're right. I'm considering Aromasin 6.25

I will also get some Anavar to go with the sust300.

Make sure you have enough if your getting 6.25mg aromasin as that is very minute and a conservative dose would be 12.5 per day and alot of people need to run it at 25mgs per day so your more than likely gonna need 2 of those tabs a day minimum. Just don't want to see you not have enough.

Exemastane is amazing on paper but in real word application I personally prefer arimidex, lower doses, less frequency of dosage, and has never let me down.. why take 25mgs a day when I can use something that works as well at 0.5mgs every 2 days, its a personal prefference.

Last edited:
Thanks Kazmir, I really don't have a preference since this will be my first cycle.
I will get the Arimidex instead, now that you pointed out the dosage. They both seem to have equal preferences here.

The Airmidex would be Liquid Armidex, 2.5 mg per cc 25 ml bottle 62.5 mg total.

Last edited:
I started cycling at 50 and 10 cycles later Ive never been better . Cholesterol is perfect (wasnt before) and so is triglycerides . Just a tendency for high red blood cells but Red Cross fixes that . Get bloods first , good luck ! ~Bo

Back