Starting T Cyp tomorrow - is my plan good? any comments welcome!

Ben41

I've been using Androgel with bad results. Thanks to forums like this one I am starting T Cyp Sub Q injections tomorrow. I've never injected before.

I am 41, 245lbs. Have a lot of fat.

Doctor wanted to start low.

1/8 ml injection of 25 mg every 3.5 days
I have 1mg pills of Anastrozole but no plan to use them yet

Taking Anastrozole... Should I wait for blood results/ side effects before I plan on taking any? I do worry cause seems like every time I changed gels or dosages I ended up growing boobs. But I don't want to go too low or use them needlessly so unless advised otherwise I'm going to wait.

Should I have gotten more ml of cyp? The script I got was based on goodrx coupon I brought in to doctors office but at the time my dumbass didn't know there was such a thing as having more or less cyp in the mix so I got what I brought him. And to go down to his prescribed dose its down to 1/8ml. Is that ok?

Is getting a total of 50 mg a week (in 2 - 25mg shots) going to be a survivable starting point?

When should I go back to get blood tested?

best to wait to do your bloods and what is your goal in all of this? whats is your bf%? saying you have alot of fat does not help, we need precise data to be able to council you.

50 mg per week is a really low dose, especially at 245lbs. If you're stuck with that approach I would get tested asap so that the dose can be bumped when your TT comes in at 300 or so.

I would definitely hold off on the AI until the E2 test comes in. Guys that stick with that low of a dose usually don't need an AI. High body fat could make a difference, but I would still wait. 1mg Anastrozole is the standard tablet, but too much for our purposes. I think it's more important to start low on the AI than on the testosterone.

Possibly your bad experience on Androgel was due to your MD being too conservative.

Hello and welcome :wavey: You came to the right forum for your info and advice. Keep us posted , we are here to help :)
OP read all these post and listen. Everyone is on the same page.

But at any rate we need stats, Age ,
ht
wt
BF%
history
And goals

All good points and advice above. We definitely need more information on you in order to give you solid advice.

You need comprehensive bloodwork done in order to know if you will need the anastrozole. At your dose, I highly doubt you would need it. However, I foresee you needing a higher Testosterone dose in order to bring your levels up. If you need the AI, the pill can be split into halfs or quarters, in order to not take too much.

Give us more information , and get your bloodwork done 4-6 weeks after you begin your therapy.

Oh no! Run! Lol, just playing but your current doc doesn't know what he's doing. First don't take the estrogen blocker until your labs prove you are abnormal, you DO NOT want to crash your E2.

Need to start out at least 125mg/wk per current research. Good luck my friend

Dr b

Oh no! Run! Lol, just playing but your current doc doesn't know what he's doing. First don't take the estrogen blocker until your labs prove you are abnormal, you DO NOT want to crash your E2.

Need to start out at least 125mg/wk per current research. Good luck my friend

Dr b

Ah haaa yes, OP this ^^^ ..... is so right on :agreed:

best to wait to do your bloods and what is your goal in all of this? whats is your bf%? saying you have alot of fat does not help, we need precise data to be able to council you.

Thanks Milton, I replied a long time ago but it never showed up. I also can't seem to reply to private messages. Hopefully this will work.

I don't know how to tell my bodyfat % though I can look into it. My goal is just to feel normal and have muscle recovery from the physical work I do and get in better shape. When I was on Axiron a couple years ago I got in good shape. Also a couple months ago I paid $600 for it and got in better shape for a month. But can't seem to lose weight or gain muscle on Androgel.

I've been on Tcyp 25mg/3.5days for 5 days and 2 shots now. My mind is so much clearer and I am in a better mood and don't feel horrible like I did on Androgel. But I am lethargic and weak. Going to doctor tomorrow to see if I can get tests and up my dose.

update

Hi guys thanks for the help! I have tried replying previously but it goes into moderator approval and never shows up so sorry about that. Hopefully this reply to thread option will work for me.

I will give you some stats you asked for:

Age 41, 5'10", 245lbs, @30%bf
My goal is to have a mind that works, memory that works, muscles that can recover from work, and to feel normal.

History.. I hope this is what you are asking for feel free to skip I don't want to bore anyone

Primary Hypogonadism occurred when I was 17. I know when because I was benching 400lbs at the time and extremely healthy. Then in a matter of a week or two my whole life changed.

At age 33 after 16 years of doctors and new age health gurus and etc telling me it was all in my head I told a doc I couldn't get an erection and boom I got diagnosed with Primary Hypogonadism after all the right tests were done. Had a level of 190 TT and high levels of LH/FSH

I have been on TRT for 7 years since age 34. I can't believe its been 7 years because I've been in a horrible fog for most of it. Started with Testim, then Androgel, then Androgel 1.26 for the first few years. Felt bad and it wasn't working. Still had ED. Did Axiron for a year and did really well, got strong and in better shape, lost weight, but still had ED. Cause of insurance went back on Androgel for the past 2 years. I have never felt worse in my life. To be honest I thought I was dying. So I decided to find a new doctor and go to every appointment I could and try to be as healthy as I could until something worked. I decided to fight even if I get my ass kicked. My new doc is great though he doesn't know enough about TRT of course. After 4 months of trying a different TRT method every month, growing more boobs, and seeing a horrible endo a couple times who gave me 1mg Anastrazole to take every day without even testing me...(I didn't take any but have for when needed) I said fuck this and found these forums. Now I feel a lot of hope and feel kinda stupid I didn't find these forums sooner! I had only tried shots once and they gave me 200mg in a 2 week shot. Of course I never wanted to take a shot ever again until I started reading on here and realized there is a right way to do it.

I've been on the 25mg shots every 3.5 days. I've taken 2 shots and about to take a 3rd tomorrow.

My mind feels clearer and I'm in a better mood than on Androgel. But I must be pretty low T. My muscles aren't recovering from work and I'm really weak/lethargic.

I've asked doc to let me up dose gradually towards 50mg a shot but haven't heard back yet. Tomorrow I'm taking 40mg whether he says yes or not I have to do it. I tried to get blood tests today but there is confusion whether ins will cover and Quest wanted to charge $750 for TT,FT, and E

Ben, do not take 1mg of arimidex daily. That is a big no no.

Some providers strongly disagree, however I do not believe in androgen or any type of alternative treatments. Injection works the best and is tested and tried. This is all evidence based and works for every single patient of mine. Glad you have a good doc, but he is trying to destroy your estrogen levels at that dose, this is not a good thing obviously.

Glad you found these forums. Many educated people with experience here to help!

Dr. B

Ben, do not take 1mg of arimidex daily. That is a big no no.

Some providers strongly disagree, however I do not believe in androgen or any type of alternative treatments. Injection works the best and is tested and tried. This is all evidence based and works for every single patient of mine. Glad you have a good doc, but he is trying to destroy your estrogen levels at that dose, this is not a good thing obviously.

Glad you found these forums. Many educated people with experience here to help!

Dr. B

Thanks Doc, yeah it was the crappy endo I went to that gave me the armidex. I read about it on here and brought it up to him just to talk about it and have E tested and see what he thought about my problems. His response was to throw that script at me immediately without even testing blood lol. I picked it up but won't be taking as prescribed! Or at all yet. And I will never see that endo again.

Also wanted to let you know I put my contact info in on your website. Tried to PM you but I don't have that privilege on here yet I guess.

Sounds good Ben, if you put contact info on website one of my partners or I will be in contact.

Just do not take 7mg of arimdex a week please, lol!

Talk soon my friend

Dr. B

Sounds good Ben, if you put contact info on website one of my partners or I will be in contact.

Just do not take 7mg of arimdex a week please, lol!

Talk soon my friend

Dr. B

Holy shit man where did you ever come up with that dosing of Adex :dunno: that is way over board. DO you know what sides you will have when crashing E2 ? Please you need to get more educated on what you are doing here buddy.

Another note all you need to do to loose that BF% is to control your diet and get in some aerobic exercise, along with your lifting.

Just some input here OP ...OMM

Everyones telling me not to take 1mg of Adex. Don't Worry if you read what I wrote I never intended to! The Endo I went to wrote that script just cause I brought it up to him and he wasn't even going to test me for E. Right then and there I decided to never see him again but I picked up the script anyway just so I have it on hand to use the right way if its ever needed. I have read about low E2 probs and I don't want them. I will be scouring these forums and asking advice every step of the way.

Everyones telling me not to take 1mg of Adex. Don't Worry if you read what I wrote I never intended to! The Endo I went to wrote that script just cause I brought it up to him and he wasn't even going to test me for E. Right then and there I decided to never see him again but I picked up the script anyway just so I have it on hand to use the right way if its ever needed. I have read about low E2 probs and I don't want them. I will be scouring these forums and asking advice every step of the way.

Now that you have clarified that we all can rest , lol

Seriously the unwanted side effects of crashing your Estradiol can be really detrimental to your well being. For the most part the sides of high and low are a bit similar. Best to do your own research but I will list some for you .

Low Estrogen Side Effects:-

Osteoporosis (weakened bones) ; (long-term low levels)
- No appetite
- Poor sex drive
- Fatigue
- Lethargy
- Skin quality diminishes
- Depression
- Poor sense of wellbeing & poor quality of life

High Estrogen Side Effects:
- Gynecomastia
- Anxiety & panic attacks
- Depression
- Erectile dysfunction