Starting TRT - 25 y.o survivor - Let's do this.

Un1baller

Hi all, quick back story:

First of all, here is my previous thread I made 10 months ago when I thought I was going to start TRT but tried Clomid instead...: steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/671713-24-cancer-survivor-starting-hrt-help.html

Now, I am 25 y/o, my test levels are still 300 ng/dl, I had testicular cancer when I turned 18 and lost my right ball, went through chemo for 4 months, and now, 6 years later, everything is fine except for low testosterone levels. I have always felt the effects of low T ever since I had cancer and I am sick and tired of it.

I am tired, irritable, highly sensitive, awful memory, difficulty putting on any muscle (I have been lifting consistently for almost 2 years and my strength has barely increased), and my sense of well being is plummeting by the day. My Urologist put me on Testim gel a few years ago and that didn't do anything so I stopped after a few months. Well I want to do it right this time and do injections. I had an appointment with my new Endo last week and he prescribed me 200 mg of Test every 2 weeks.

I told him 50 mb every 3 days is better and that I want to do them Subcutaneously, he said fine. Thank god haha. I will get the prescription filled at my Target Pharmacy and it will cost $60.00 monthly. I told him I am worried about being sterile and asked about HCG but he said he doesn't want me on 2 medications at once or something, which is silly but I will keep stressing the issue. He said we could do HCG alone, or Test alone. He said doing both at once will boost my test levels too much. I hope to convince him after a couple months of being on test that I need HCG as well.

QUESTION: I will be doing subcutaneous 50 mg injections every 3 days with 29 gauge .5 inch insulin needles. I will backload them with 21 gauge needles. I plan on doing the injections into my stomach but I feel like I would prefer to do them in my glute. Does anyone know if that would be okay? My glute seems less intimidating. Also, what days and time should I inject?

Anyways, I am beyond excited to start TRT. I have been so close many times in starting TRT over the years but always backed out and tried a different approach. This will be my TRT log and I am more ready than ever now, let's do this.

Last edited:
Good luck man, you are going to feel so much better. I've been on 6 months and its like night and day. Good call on the E3D protocol, I do the same and I have a very steady level in my blood, no ups and downs at all.

Is there a question somewhere? hehe, i wish u luck

I guess this was my only question: "I will be doing subcutaneous 50 mg injections every 3 days with 29 gauge .5 inch insulin needles. I will backload them with 21 gauge needles. I plan on doing the injections into my stomach but I feel like I would prefer to do them in my glute. Does anyone know if that would be okay? My glute seems less intimidating. Also, what days and time should I inject?"

This is more of an introduction post, and a TRT log. I will update this log with my experiences, photo progress, etc.

Last edited:
Good luck man, you are going to feel so much better. I've been on 6 months and its like night and day. Good call on the E3D protocol, I do the same and I have a very steady level in my blood, no ups and downs at all.

that sounds amazing, I can't wait! Do you do IM or Sub q injections? How much are you doing?

that sounds amazing, I can't wait! Do you do IM or Sub q injections? How much are you doing?

60mg of Test E E3D. I use the same pins you are using into my quads and delts, Its going into the muscle, I'm lean in both places. I don't want lumps in my stomach fat. The tiny needles don't hurt at all and I rarely have any PIP. I also inject 400 IU of HCG Sub Q the day before my T shot. No AI, just Zinc and DIM.

My last bloodwork I was at 1017 TT and 45 E2 (non-sensitive) 72 hours after my last T shot and 24 hours after my HCG.

Last edited:
60mg of Test E E3D. I use the same pins you are using into my quads and delts, Its going into the muscle, I'm lean in both places. I don't want lumps in my stomach fat. The tiny needles don't hurt at all and I rarely have any PIP. I also inject 400 IU of HCG Sub Q the day before my T shot. No AI, just Zinc and DIM.

My last bloodwork I was at 1017 TT and 45 E2 (non-sensitive) 72 hours after my last T shot and 24 hours after my HCG.

That is fantastic. I hope I can get my endo on board with HCG. I am going to try to pin in my glute. I am around 10% body fat I presume. Also, what is PIP exactly? Should I take Zinc if I am on TRT? Thanks again.

That is fantastic. I hope I can get my endo on board with HCG. I am going to try to pin in my glute. I am around 10% body fat I presume. Also, what is PIP exactly? Should I take Zinc if I am on TRT? Thanks again.

Post injection pain, best to rotate to as many different injection sites as you can, less chance of scar tissue than if you always pin the same spot, imo.

Wait till after your first blood work, which should be done 4-6 weeks from your first shot. Decide after that what you need to do based on your lab values and how you feel. I think too many people freak out about Estradiol before they even know how they react to exogenous testosterone. If you are that lean, there is a good chance you won't have very much aromatization.

I think you want to be doing E3.5D like Monday morning and Thursday evening. Thats 2- 50mg injections a week= 200mg every 2 weeks

I think you want to be doing E3.5D like Monday morning and Thursday evening. Thats 2- 50mg injections a week= 200mg every 2 weeks

Perfect! I will do exactly this. Thanks for your input. I am counting down the hours until my prescription gets here so I can go to Target and get it filled. I know insurance will cover it, but what is the typial amount that I will have to co-pay?

Oh also I have been practicing "injecting" into my glute with my old dental syringe 'monoject' thing I used after my wisdom teeth surgery. I am so ready for this. I have been extra fatigued and just over all shitty feeling this past week. I can't wait to feel 25 again... Oh wait, I am 25.

OMG... I thought i made this thread! I have the same topic name and i went throuch TC myself. Read up on my thread man

Im starting TRT aswell tomorrow.

I am starting nebido 1000 wich contains 640mg active testosteron in undeconate ester. This means that I only have to inject every 6weeks to keep high -> normal leaves before reinjecting. I am also suffering form extreme tiredness, lack of motivation, sleepyness, fatigue and overall shitless memory. I went through BEPx3 and a surgery to remove a lymph after the 3month run, kinda left some what of a big scar.

I recorded my journey and making video logs about my comeback! Check my video out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cZES1tUNZU

I wish you well brother, i will be uploading content soon with TRT, Diet and hitting the weights on a regular basic. Fitness is my life, and it is where i earn my money. So basicly i NEED to get back in shape bodywise and energywise! In a month i have a job offer in India wich i will attend for 2months and then comeback to study here in Denmark. And idd actually like to talk to another fellow, about the TC since we are the same age n shit

I read your entire thread, and I am excited to be starting this journey with someone in a similar situation as me. TRT seems like such a life changer.

Perfect! I will do exactly this. Thanks for your input. I am counting down the hours until my prescription gets here so I can go to Target and get it filled. I know insurance will cover it, but what is the typial amount that I will have to co-pay?

Oh also I have been practicing "injecting" into my glute with my old dental syringe 'monoject' thing I used after my wisdom teeth surgery. I am so ready for this. I have been extra fatigued and just over all shitty feeling this past week. I can't wait to feel 25 again... Oh wait, I am 25.

Every plan is different, but since testosterone is generic it won't be very much. You can call your insurance or just ask the pharmacy when you fill the script.

Thanks TRTnobody. Does anyone know if I will be okay doing my Sub Q injections into my glute? That seems a lot easier than stabbing my stomach. At least initially.

Back