straight leg deads

simpllyhuge

help with my leg and lower body and lower back.

orignally this thread was about stiff leg deads but maybe i need other advice

i dont do anything at all for hams. I only squat. i need to do these i think maybe to stretch out my hams and get used to them so i can start deading for real. any one got a video.

how do my hands go? how fard apart are my feet? and do i hit the floor with every one?

So i edited the thread. basically i only squat for and do calve raises for my legs.

My hams and ass and lower back feel under developed. I dont want my ass to be big lol just feel tight and worked, the same for my hams and lower back. what do u guys recomend?

Last edited:
i will do regular deads eventually i feel like i need to stretch out my hamstrings and become more flexible first. also my hams are very under developed.

Underdevelopment of the hamstrings is one of the reasons so many athletes suffer pulls and tears of that muscle group. Big mistake in neglecting them.

I'd recommend lying leg curls in addition to the stiff deads/good mornings. I usually do stiff legged deads, but will switch off to good mornings every so often just for a change up. On stiff legged deads, I'll usually take a fairly close grip with my feet about shoulder width apart. I also like to point my toes very slightly inward.

im sorry i still dont get the difference between stiff legg deads and good morning.

what rep range to you recoomend on good morning, straight leg deads, and regular deads for starting out, if im going light.

i plan on starting regular deads off real light, like 135 or 185.

Last edited:
simpllyhuge said:
im sorry i still dont get the difference between stiff legg deads and good morning.

what rep range to you recoomend on good morning, straight leg deads, and regular deads for starting out, if im going light.

i plan on starting regular deads off real light, like 135 or 185.

Good mornings are peformed with the barbell on your back. You lean forward (while keeping the back tight) to completely feel the stretch in the hams and return to the upright, starting position.

I usually keep my reps in the 8-10 range on stiff legged deads and around 12-15 on good mornings.

oh i get it now lol. straight leg deads sound much better. You dont hit the floor on straight leg deads correct.

Stiff legged deads, NOT straight legged. I've done them that way before but you risk hyper extending the knees, and you won't hit the hams very much unless you bend the knee joint.

You should be able to stretch further than you can reach with SLDL.

so i just slightly bend the knee and lower the weight as far as can while keeping my back straight and not hitting the floor, while looking up.

i guess i keep my legs shoulder with apart and my arms also.

yep, you got it, thats pretty much it mate!

start off really light and make sure you get your form tight.

I still don't understand why you can't do regular deads?

i feel like my hams are too tight and week and because im not flexible my knees get in the way.

also can i hold over hand on both hands?

Back