T levels on PSL Test Cypionate

Mprtz

I have some PSL test cyp as a TRT backup supply. I recently put some into rotation for a few months (0.3mL 2x/week - nominally 60mg 2x/week). This is a trough reading:

Testosterone, Serum 1134 348-1197 ng/dL
Testosterone,Free 54.55 HIGH 5.00-21.00 ng/dL
% Free Testosterone 4.81 HIGH 1.50-4.20 %

This is about 200 points higher than the script stuff I usually use. Levels prior had been around 900 on same dose (volume at least). I'm very consistent with my dosage schedule and volume.

I don't receive (and am not looking for) anything from PSL, I just thought folks might be interested in the results of a side-by-side comparison. GTG, perhaps a little too much so.

Wow, about a 25% variance. That is quite a dosing discrepancy.

would a blood level reading like that be 100% accurate or could 25% one way or the other be dependent on your water retention/weight change for the week or other variables etc... just curious?

Nothing is 100% accurate. :)

But as the limit of the accuracy approaches 100 percent, I would wager that the reading is likely close to such. There are always factors that can influence blood serum levels, but a 25% swing is pretty hard to discount. Just means that it's a little overdosed as many other tests confirm. Nothing wrong with getting free hormone, as long as folks adjust for it imho. :wiggle:

Well... "we know it's not under dosed."

But I'm still learning the testing processes... so I'll pass this over to P.S.L...

Here's what I do know...

The most commonly used test methods are radioimmunoassays (RIAs) and chemiluminescence immunoassays (CLIAs).

Which can be performed directly on serum or plasma or after extraction and chromatography... but they do have significant
shortcomings, as they tend to overestimate testosterone levels... I'm just not sure about anything beyond that, so I'll see
if they can add anything else?

Thanks for passing this on MPTZ. :)

Very solid. Perhaps slightly overdosed....or a variation in the accuracy of the results...or a combo of the 2. Either way, I wouldn't be too upset :)

I always get a little nervous about blood work result comparisons when small doses are involved. I have compared UGL gear to my Walgreen's supplied prescription gear myself at TRT doses. So I do it too.

But I always try to keep in mind that on a small dose the margin for error in drawing and injecting your dose is amplified. On 60mg twice per week, as indicated in this example, it is much easier to have meaningful variances from a percentage standpoint than say someone running 1000mg/week. Especially when UGL gear is often 250-400mg/ml vs. prescription Test which is usually 200mg/ml.

I know we all try to be careful in drawing our doses for injection and get the same amount out of the syringe each injection, but the common syringe is hardly a precision instrument. Just something to keep in mind in my opinion.

Last edited:
I always get a little nervous about blood work result comparisons when small doses are involved. I have compared UGL gear to my Walgreen's supplied prescription gear myself at TRT doses. So I do it too.

But I always try to keep in mind that on a small dose the margin for error in drawing and injecting your dose is amplified. On 60mg twice per week, as indicated in this example, it is much easier to have meaningful variances from a percentage standpoint than say someone running 1000mg/week. Especially when UGL gear is often 250-400mg/ml vs. prescription Test which is usually 200mg/ml.

I know we all try to be careful in drawing our doses for injection and get the same amount out of the syringe each injection, but the common syringe is hardly a precision instrument. Just something to keep in mind in my opinion.

That's a very valid point. Especially given how fortunate mprtz is to be so responsive to testosterone. As he's looking at 0.6ml volume, I can see 0.8ml split between two shots creating such a variance. That's a 30% increase at such a trivial amount for him.

Was this Enorm or EP line? From the feedback I am getting from some forum members the Enorm has had better results.

This was the regular EP product, ordered intl.

I use a slin pin, and am certainly accurate to within 0.01mL in volume.

This was the regular EP product, ordered intl.

I use a slin pin, and am certainly accurate to within 0.01mL in volume.

Are you generally very sensitive to test? .6ml gives you a whopping 1200! That's pretty phenomenal sir.

Are you generally very sensitive to test? .6ml gives you a whopping 1200! That's pretty phenomenal sir.

I wouldn't say generally... it has varied over time and seems to have had ups and downs. I started on 200mg per week and my first test was in the 800s (4 weeks in, AFAIR)

Similarly, free test seems to change quite a bit without apparent cause... I was at top of range not so long ago, now almost 2.5x over.

I have some PSL test cyp as a TRT backup supply. I recently put some into rotation for a few months (0.3mL 2x/week - nominally 60mg 2x/week). This is a trough reading:

Testosterone, Serum 1134 348-1197 ng/dL
Testosterone,Free 54.55 HIGH 5.00-21.00 ng/dL
% Free Testosterone 4.81 HIGH 1.50-4.20 %

This is about 200 points higher than the script stuff I usually use. Levels prior had been around 900 on same dose (volume at least). I'm very consistent with my dosage schedule and volume.

I don't receive (and am not looking for) anything from PSL, I just thought folks might be interested in the results of a side-by-side comparison. GTG, perhaps a little too much so.

This proves my alpha pharma test e was underdosed, I was pinning 600 mg a week. And came back at 2700 total testosterone. Should of been at least 5,000

Not true. See the study I have linked. Looks like you were at the high end of the expected range for 600mg/wk.

AJPENDO : Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab

That dosage of PSL stuff puts me over 5000, but that is PEAK numbers. Maybe that's the confusion? I posted some BW earlier this year showing TT of about 5700 but I was injecting ED and I'm sure I caught it at the peak.

Still anaorher data point that tells me PSL stuff is possibly overdosed. I've never noticed the difference in BW when substituting their Cyp for my prescription stuff, but it has been quite a while since I did that. The prop always surprises me with high TT numbers though.

The fact is, everyone's TT levels on the same dose will vary GREATLY. You'd think you can just throw out a ball park range of where you should be on a certain dose but you really can't. I happen to know (because I get blood work done religiously) that 500mg/week puts me around 3400ng/dL (trough) and 200mg/week puts me around 1100ng/dL (trough). Whereas 500mg would put someone else at 2500ng/dL and 200mg would put someone at 800ng/dL. All depends on ther person. Clearly OP is a great responder.

Back