T3

It is not "well established" that T3 needs to be tapered.

I challenge you to produce a single shred of evidence that supports the theory that T3 needs to be tapered, which has not been established whatsoever, except in bodybuilding lore. It is well established that bodybuilding lore is full of nonsense.

The study you referred to merely establishes that long periods of use of T3 do not damage the thyroid gland. If any inference can be drawn from that with regard to tapering, it would be that tapering is not necessary.

I've gone off 100 mcg. of T3 to nothing with apparent ill effects.

taking t3 for 7-8 weeks is too long?
a want to taper up fast and then take it for 4-5 weeks at dosage 75 and when
tapper down slowly to 12,5 mcg is it to long ?

mranak said:
Clinically, there might not be a need to taper. Why? Because T3 is not usually administered at doses that elevate the paients T3 well above normal. Using T3 to achieve a normal Free-T3 and abusing T3 to elevate T3 above normal are different things.

Actually.....the normal dose for a patient is between 50-75mcg a day to keep them in the normal range. That is about average for what guys on here take too. Also....tapering is bullshit, you don't need to. Period. I have blood work that backs this up as well as my doc. He gives me t3 and has been for years.

patrol said:

No it isn't too long. You can take it as long as you want.

I don't understand , everone told me not to take more than 6 weeks so i was thinking it is dengerous to take it more than 6 weeks .
i'm going on holiday and I want to take t3 with me
this will be last two weeks on 25 and 12,5 mcg
what do you think aboute it ?

I have been wondering something.............if you are just using 12.5 mcg daily for bulking purposes, can you continue it for long periods of time seeing as how this is not a suppressive amount of t3????

patrol said:
I don't understand , everone told me not to take more than 6 weeks so i was thinking it is dengerous to take it more than 6 weeks .

Once again, "everyone" is full of shit.

Read my lips:

"T3 TAKEN FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO UNTIL THE END OF TIME) DOES NOT DAMAGE THE THYROID GLAND".

from AR: "Some people in the studies I read were on T3 for 30 years and recovered their natural thyroid function within short order. "

Trevdog said:
Once again, "everyone" is full of shit.

Read my lips:

"T3 TAKEN FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO UNTIL THE END OF TIME) DOES NOT DAMAGE THE THYROID GLAND".

Exactly...
Good posts in the thread earlier, just seeing it now.
Tapering down very slowly is pointless IMO. Only prolongs the time it takes for your thyroid to begin recovery. If you want to help it along, supplement with Coleus and/or t100-x..

ok , so what to do
I'm going on holiday on the 6th of July , this will by my 6th week on t3
should I take it with me and continue 7 and 8 week on low dosage.
I want to take gugle , Iodine and selenium too.

patrol said:
ok , so what to do
I'm going on holiday on the 6th of July , this will by my 6th week on t3
should I take it with me and continue 7 and 8 week on low dosage.
I want to take gugle , Iodine and selenium too.

I don't think it matters very much whether you take it on your holiday or not, since the dosage you are considering then is low.

Personally, I'd continue it only if I still had AS in my system.

i don't want to take sa with me , a will finish it and take t3 and nolva/ proviron with me
do you think I will lost my muscle being on low t3 for last two weeks.

what alse can i take a can't buy t100-x ,

a have only gugle and

Coleus Forskohli extract (Forskolin 20%)/ -100 mg

how much of this coleus should i take

Last edited:
patrol said:
i don't want to take sa with me , a will finish it and take t3 and nolva/ proviron with me
do you think I will lost my muscle being on low t3 for last two weeks.

I don't know, I could only speculate, but again I would not take it without AS. I think you're splitting hairs anyway. The doses you are talking about taking during your holiday are marginal.

Back