Taking Steroids At A Young Age?

Rhentious

I've seen many posts saying that young people should not take steroids (the sticky at the top says you should be at least 24-25), but never seen the reasoning behind it. Other than stunting growth, are there any additional side effects that occur in young steroid users but not older users? Are some steroids more harmful than others for young users?

The problem is that there is little research in this area due to the ethics of testing steroids on young people. This is why I've come and asked here really.

One argument I've heard against young people using steroids is that their testosterone levels are naturally high and they should take advantage of it. That's not actually a valid argument against it, because it's just like saying "What's the point of buying a car at 20? You're physically at your best, take advantage of it by running everywhere". Sure I could run everywhere but it's slow and painful.

Everyone is different. It could be safe for one person to take steroids at 21 but not safe for another person. I've never seen anyone talk about how to determine when it's safe to take steroids and instead just say a seemingly arbitrary age that everyone should be before starting.

I'm just looking for more information about this topic, not looking for "idiot, you're far too young to be taking steroids" posts.

Hello young man.
Your analogy about the car is way off the mark. It s delivered as a completed product which will only decline in value and performance with age.

Using aas at to young an age while your still developing both physically, emotionally and mostly, PSYCHOLOGICALLY is sheer madness.
I know this as I did em way to young and am now on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for life, and an emotional roller coaster..in other words..I m a fukkin mess.
While in your teens and early 20 s you need to take full of advantage of your natural test and push your limits without the risk of the early onset of testicular atrophy, hypertension, low test level s etc. brought on by introducing exo test into a perfectly running HPTA system.
Emotionally your not ready because most men are boy s till their in their 30 s and that s a fkn fact. Hell I m 46 and still a silly bastard at times.
The high s and low s that come with aas usage and stoppage are difficult to varying degrees with many people but they are there..and few young men can resist the urge to stay high on em vs the reality check that is...normal test.
Enjoy your youth, embrace it..look in the mirror and realize I m blessed with what i got and let s see how far I can push this with food rest training and god s good graces.
Fuck with em to young and you ll be fucked like the author of the post.
I ll not give you my breakdown of safest roids till you come off some data..and back it up with an pic avi...period. Tired of people saying they are this and they are that...it s for your own good.

teutonic made several great points.

and the car analogy.... way off.

if you're gonna use a car analogy.... it would be more like your dad saying here son, you're 18, i'm gonna give you an aston martin vanquish for your b-day (that's your natty test levels.... not some beat up chevy hand-me-down.... you've got aston martin test flowing, at least MOST people do) but you say you want a ferrari enzo.

both are more car (test) than people at that age typically know what to do with. and both are MORE THAN ENOUGH to accomplish your goals. you might not have even learned how to drive a stick shift yet.... let alone deal with paddles. you've never taken a car over 110mph now you've got something that you can run at 160 steady to make that 997 mile drive across texas a bit more interesting.

but without even jumping in something already FUCK'N AWESOME and learning how to get the most out of it and having a BLAST for a few years getting yourself to the point where you might even be able to tell the difference between how they handle and the other intricacies that separate the elite from the super elite vehicles.... you want to just jump straight into the ferrari. or the lambo. or the ultima aero. or whatever.

saying "you" as in a young man thinking about getting into the juice too early.

and that is only giving you a better analogy....

I've seen many posts saying that young people should not take steroids (the sticky at the top says you should be at least 24-25), but never seen the reasoning behind it. Other than stunting growth, are there any additional side effects that occur in young steroid users but not older users? Are some steroids more harmful than others for young users?

The problem is that there is little research in this area due to the ethics of testing steroids on young people. This is why I've come and asked here really.

One argument I've heard against young people using steroids is that their testosterone levels are naturally high and they should take advantage of it. That's not actually a valid argument against it, because it's just like saying "What's the point of buying a car at 20? You're physically at your best, take advantage of it by running everywhere". Sure I could run everywhere but it's slow and painful.

Everyone is different. It could be safe for one person to take steroids at 21 but not safe for another person. I've never seen anyone talk about how to determine when it's safe to take steroids and instead just say a seemingly arbitrary age that everyone should be before starting.

I'm just looking for more information about this topic, not looking for "idiot, you're far too young to be taking steroids" posts.

Last edited:
By your logic, cutting with cocaine is a fucking awesome idea right? Cuz why wouldn't you want to lose fat as fast as possible? Lipo + cocaine = epic cuts!!!

ezred and T nailed this one as usual.

To address your last paragraph - I'm surrounded by dudes who started using steroids young. Most of us (myself included) aren't "healthy." Cholesterol, heart problems, prostate and kidney issues etc. How much of that is related to steroids? Dunno. But isn't it weird that that's the common factor in all of us? Our team docs seem to think it's all steroid related even though the literature isn't really out there.

If you're not getting payed to use steroids (pro BB / athlete), why would you want to risk that? It's not guaranteed, but it's definitely not worth it. Especially since most kids who want to take steroids early are tiny. They could easily pack on muscle if they just learned to diet and exercise properly.

No hot chick wants to fuck the dude that needs to take his heart meds before she strips. If that's even a possibility, how worth it is a better looking body?

Last edited:
lol fuck a diet coke i'm on the coke diet!

that part in bold is big.

i mean think about young people. you're still developing, emotionally, physically. you have more than enough of everything you need to grow. you don't know your body yet because it is changing. working out since you were a kid? that's fine, you were working out as your body was growing and developing.... while your hormones were raging and your body was still establishing its balance, what will become your natural balance.

before it has a chance to reach it's natural growth (talking your body here not your muscle building potential) potential and balance everything out and reach a state of normalcy you're gonna start putting shit into it, messing with all of that, potentially shutting some of it down permanently, etc.

this goes way beyond a simple "stunting your growth" concept as far as you didn't get any taller, or you didn't get any wider (frame-wise) etc.

we're talking many many levels of "stunting your growth" not only physically but emotionally.... psychologically. give your body time to run its course. give it time to develop naturally (again, not talking about muscle-building) and get to where you're a "full grown man" and you've hit a balance and you've developed your mind and maturity as well. get to know that person, that body, etc. before you start fucking with it.

that might be too much to ask some people, if it weren't for the fact that you don't NEED the roids to see quality gains steadily until you've reached that point (and beyond, most likely, if you tried.) it's like if your body put you in a place where you could not control your muscle-building over that period i might be more inclined to understand the needless urge by kids to get involved in it. but that is simply not the case with the VAST majority of people age 18-23.

By your logic, cutting with cocaine is a fucking awesome idea right? Cuz why wouldn't you want to lose fat as fast as possible? Lipo + cocaine = epic cuts!!!

ezred and T nailed this one as usual.

To address your last paragraph - I'm surrounded by dudes who started using steroids young. Most of us (myself included) aren't "healthy." Cholesterol, heart problems, prostate and kidney issues etc. How much of that is related to steroids? Dunno. But isn't it weird that that's the common factor in all of us? Our team docs seem to think it's all steroid related even though the literature isn't really out there.

If you're not getting payed to use steroids (pro BB / athlete), why would you want to risk that? It's not guaranteed, but it's definitely not worth it. Especially since most kids who want to take steroids early are tiny. They could easily pack on muscle if they just learned to diet and exercise properly.

No hot chick wants to fuck the dude that needs to take his heart meds before she strips. If that's even a possibility, how worth it is a better looking body?

these guys all made great points.

Me personally i don't believe all the growth plates hype, never have. I just think most young guys don't know enough about what it means to eat to grow, and train like an animal, and that is why i always suggest against it. Until they know these things AAS is useless. That is why you see guys who juice in the gym always yo-yo-ing their weight so drastically.

these guys all made great points.

Me personally i don't believe all the growth plates hype, never have. I just think most young guys don't know enough about what it means to eat to grow, and train like an animal, and that is why i always suggest against it. Until they know these things AAS is useless. That is why you see guys who juice in the gym always yo-yo-ing their weight so drastically.

the growth plate thing is true my brudda, naturally thats how our body closes them, with high amounts of estrogen.

If these younger guys are going to be stupid enough to do it at such a young age, they need to at least keep their estrogen from in normal range to prevent this from happening.

The role of estrogens in the regulation of epiphyseal growth and maturation.

There are several treatment options nowadays for growth disorders, however the final height gain is restricted by puberty and the associated accelerated epiphyseal fusion. Estrogen is the major endocrine factor influencing the pubertal growth spurt and fusion of the epiphyseal plates. By delaying puberty (and thus growth plate fusion) or otherwise by annihilating the effects of estrogens one can extend the period of growth and thereby the period in which treatment can have its growth enhancing effect. Sofar, only limited or no clinical experience has been collected with agents that have these delaying effects, such as GnRH (gonadotrophine releasing hormone) analogs, aromatase inhibitors or SERMs (selective estrogen receptor modulators). The biological actions of estrogens are mediated by binding to two specific estrogen receptors, ERalpha and ERbeta, which both are expressed in the growth plate and have overlapping, but also unique roles in estrogen action. The exact mechanism by which estrogens regulate longitudinal bone growth and growth plate fusion is poorly understood and has extensively been studied in animal models. Progress in this area has been hampered by a lack of appropriate human models. Growth is the key characteristic that distinguishes children from adults, and growth disturbances are frequently presented to health personnel in different specialties. Only in a minority of children with a growth disorder the etiology can be definitely established and even in such cases a causal treatment is usually not available. Short stature in childhood, adolescence and adulthood can be considered a disability resulting in psychological, social, educational and professional consequences (1). The general aim of this project is to obtain more insight in the molecular mechanisms by which estrogens influence longitudinal bone growth and growth plate fusion. More specifically, we will try: 1. To elucidate the role of estrogens in chondrocyte proliferation and hypertrophic differentiation in the model of human mesenchymal stem cells differentiating into chondrocytes; This project will result in more knowledge of the effect of estrogen on chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation in the human epiphyseal plate and will provide insights in the molecular mechanisms by which estrogen exerts these effects. In addition, data will be obtained on the specific contribution of Estrogen Receptor alpha (ERalpha) and Estrogen Receptor beta (ERbeta) to these processes. Since growth disorders are present in many different diseases and syndromes, a better understanding of the role of estrogen will be relevant to multiple subspecialties of pediatrics. Specific innovative elements in this project are the use of human mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) as a model for chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation in the human growth plate and new molecular techniques such as microarray, RNA interference and genetic manipulation by viral induction techniques. Genetic manipulation in a human model representative for the epiphyseal growth plate has not been performed before and is expected to deliver novel insights in regulatory networks involved in growth regulation. Theoretical background: Longitudinal growth occurs at the epiphyseal plate, a thin layer of cartilage entrapped between epiphyseal and metaphyseal bone, at the distal ends of the long bones. Bone elongation occurs by a process called endochondral ossification, in which chondrocytes undergo the sequential steps of proliferation, hypertrophic differentiation and apoptosis and then are finally replaced by bone at the interface of the growth plate and the metaphysis. The activity of the growth plate is regulated by a multitude of hormones, growth factors and metabolic conditions. We recently reviewed the current knowledge in this area (12).

Last edited:
i am not reading that. I'll just take your word for it. :D

LOL honestly your right RJ, there is NO direct proof.

I simply assume that if high estrogen closes them naturally, why wouldnt high estrogen from exogenous T conversion cause the same action?

Bottomline they better be running an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) if they ar going to do it................you know i luv you RJ:love:

LOL honestly your right RJ, there is NO direct proof.

I simply assume that if high estrogen closes them naturally, why wouldnt high estrogen from exogenous T conversion cause the same action?

Bottomline they better be running an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) if they ar going to do it................you know i luv you RJ:love:

haha. thats all im saying. Hey, at least your not saying things like DPR telling guys they should take GH to grow another inch or two taller. :D

I heard gh before 25 would make you as tall as the doc said you'd be when he checked your wrists as a baby. they said I would be 6'0-6'2 but I hit that (pretty much) by 24 so I didn't have to worry about it.

p.s. I am retarded

haha. thats all im saying. Hey, at least your not saying things like DPR telling guys they should take GH to grow another inch or two taller. :D

omg are you serious? I just bought 1000 iu's because the doctors said I would be 6'2 and i am a quarter inch shy!

fuck!

p.s. I am retarded

I'm no expert in this field, I've been a member for over a year with very little posts...I choose to read and learn; rather then post what I don't have an expertise in. I have a BASIC knowledge in testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and beginner cycles.

That being said, what I do know about taking AAS at a young age is that I have had a puffy sensitive left nipple since 17 yrs old (I'm 39). I know the first time I had sex at 16, I had a slight problem getting it up..at first:shoot3:

I've had some other high estrogen type problems...maybe it's me or maybe it was the Testosterone, Anavar, Anadrol, and Deca I took at 15 yrs old. Yes, freshman year, high school football. Then again at 17. BIGGEST regret of my life, for so many reasons..needs a thread of it's own.

To ALL the young guys who think they are ready....hold off. Tomorrow come REAL quick. You'll be ready before you know it. Listen to these guys on the forum. I wish they had the internet in 1987; would have helped me...who knows.

I said this before, I started young and never had any problems related to early usage. The last time I did my blood tests everything was perfect (before cycle) but hey maybe I got lucky. Not everyone's body is the same.

I said this before, I started young and never had any problems related to early usage. The last time I did my blood tests everything was perfect (before cycle) but hey maybe I got lucky. Not everyone's body is the same.

B-Boi, why are you taking 50mg of Prop ED with your Test E?

Sorry for the hijack real quick. :D

Just get some labs done if you have honest concerns to see where you are at. The endocrine system is still maturing in the teens and just saturating it with exogenous testosterone is stupid unless you are proven to be deficient and past puberty.

B-Boi, why are you taking 50mg of Prop ED with your Test E?

Sorry for the hijack real quick. :D

I was doing tren\prop then going directly into a test-e\eq cycle. I was added the test-e the last four weeks of the cycle (prop\tren) since it takes a few weeks to fully kick in.

I was doing tren\prop then going directly into a test-e\eq cycle. I was added the test-e the last four weeks of the cycle (prop\tren) since it takes a few weeks to fully kick in.

werd. cool. sorry again for the hijack OP

It seems that the problems people are having is to do with not using the steroids properly with a pct, not to do with age. It's just it's more likely a younger person doesn't know how to use then properly.

Last edited:
It seems that the problems people are having is to do with not using the steroids properly with a pct, not to do with age. It's kirsty it's more likely a younger person doesn't know how to use then properly

way to ask a question having already formed an opinion then ignore all of the geniune responses people took time to write and "come to" your same conclusion in spite of t all.

there is no right way for a young kid to take steroids.

Last edited:
Back