Test/Deca cycle new member

Gibsonator

I am banned!
Monday I begin my journey, running test e 500mg/Deca 400mg/week for a planned 14 week cycle. Have Liquidex for cycle and nolvadex/Clomid for pct thinking about adding HCG to that recommended by a few others. Current stats is 33 yo, 6'4", 230lb pretty solid. My duet is roughly 3000-3200 calories/day, 250 protein, 250 carbs keep tge fats low. Workouts are 5 times/week 1 1/2-2 hrs each cardio is rare to be honest. Bench max is at 290 (stuck there for awhile now) squat 275 and deadlifts 385. Looking forward to making some decent gains and pushing my prs up. Would appreciate any advice in any departments including diet/macros will take pics and post updates of progress thanks!

Welcome to the boards! what are your stats? cycle history? You want to do test and deca for a first cycle? Whats your bf%?

Last edited:
Thanks 33 yo 6'4" 240 lbs been lifting 5 years more seriously the last 2 years. Ran a cycle of test only 2 years ago I am new to this forum

What other stats do you want? 2nd cycle. Last cycle was 2 years ago 12 week test e only 500mg/week. Goal is to get up around 240-245 without looking like a blimp ***128513;

Welcome!

Did you get blood work pre/mid cycle last run? How was your estrogen management? What was dosing protocol for Adex?
It's critical you keep e levels in check with this cycle. I'd also pick up some prami or caber for prolactin issues.

I'm 6'2, 235 or so- my maintenance is 3,400/day. You'll need to up those calories while on cycle to +500 and then up them again once you've put in more mass. You're looking at roughly 4K/day off the bat.

I'd run deca for 14 weeks and then test for an additional 2 weeks for a total run of 16. Deca takes a long time to clear before pct.

You may consider upping the deca to 500ml/wk.

Welcome!

Did you get blood work pre/mid cycle last run? How was your estrogen management? What was dosing protocol for Adex?
It's critical you keep e levels in check with this cycle. I'd also pick up some prami or caber for prolactin issues.

I'm 6'2, 235 or so- my maintenance is 3,400/day. You'll need to up those calories while on cycle to +500 and then up them again once you've put in more mass. You're looking at roughly 4K/day off the bat.

I'd run deca for 14 weeks and then test for an additional 2 weeks for a total run of 16. Deca takes a long time to clear before pct.

You may consider upping the deca to 500ml/wk.

Holy shit Gainjin you didn't leave any room for me to give advice....lol.

Oh yea Welcome to the board :wavey: You just heard what you need to know for the most part. Deca needs time and yea if you don't keep that E2 in check you my suffer from ED problems. So the input of prami or caber for Prolactin issues is so needed at times. If you keep the E2 you can control that water, Just saying again. :)
Good luck and keep us posted.

:( goin home now, just no fun....lol

Last run everything ran smooth dex .25 eod. I ordered prami won't get it til I'm already on my 2nd week. My guy said to run the deca at 600 but I read 400 is plenty and anything over that will increase negative side effects tenfold? Already planning on upping my calories maybe throw a shake or 2 in per day I already eat all day it seems thanks for your input!

Lol that's good man seems like everyone else gets bashed on here for Thier posts. Never used prami I'll read up on it but for you guys that used it is it an as needed basis or do you run it the whole cycle? I'll consider pushing the cycle out to 16 weeks dropping the deca after 14. Pct for 16 weeks 4 or 6 weeks? What your take on the use of HCG for pct?

Monday I begin my journey, running test e 500mg/Deca 400mg/week for a planned 14 week cycle. Have Liquidex for cycle and nolvadex/Clomid for pct thinking about adding HCG to that recommended by a few others. Current stats is 33 yo, 6'4", 230lb pretty solid. My duet is roughly 3000-3200 calories/day, 250 protein, 250 carbs keep tge fats low. Workouts are 5 times/week 1 1/2-2 hrs each cardio is rare to be honest. Bench max is at 290 (stuck there for awhile now) squat 275 and deadlifts 385. Looking forward to making some decent gains and pushing my prs up. Would appreciate any advice in any departments including diet/macros will take pics and post updates of progress thanks!

250p/250c/xfats = 1000/1000/x = 2000 + xfats

if you say fats are low how are you eating 3000+ calories? you're over 1000 short right now.

What's your TDEE?

I found a tdee calculator it said maintenance calories should be around 3600 and bulking +500. I haven't kept strict track of my macros in awhile since I used to and still always eat the same stuff just more of it so I'll be more on top of keeping track of it during the cycle and ensuring I'm eating enough. Thanks

So yesterday I started back tracking my macros, and as someone said earlier the numbers weren't where I thought they were. Even with adding 2 protein shakes in my normal daily meals ( never drank protein shakes before) I was only at 3000 calories. Protein 255/Carbs 350/ Fats 70. So looks like I'll be needing to figure out how to add an additional 800-1000 calories in the most cleanest way possible

So yesterday I started back tracking my macros, and as someone said earlier the numbers weren't where I thought they were. Even with adding 2 protein shakes in my normal daily meals ( never drank protein shakes before) I was only at 3000 calories. Protein 255/Carbs 350/ Fats 70. So looks like I'll be needing to figure out how to add an additional 800-1000 calories in the most cleanest way possible

yeah it was pretty obvious you were well below mate. 90% of the time it's diet related when gains stop. People rarely overtrain and most people don't get anywhere near their genetic potential when they start taking gear.

How many meals a day? Hopefully in the 5-7 range. Anything less and an extra 1k cals will be hard to swallow. Spread over 6 meals it's sweet f

Lol that's good man seems like everyone else gets bashed on here for Thier posts. Never used prami I'll read up on it but for you guys that used it is it an as needed basis or do you run it the whole cycle? I'll consider pushing the cycle out to 16 weeks dropping the deca after 14. Pct for 16 weeks 4 or 6 weeks? What your take on the use of HCG for pct?

HCG is HPTA supressive and not to be run during PCT, it's run during cycle at 500iu/wk. You drop it 2 days before PCT (short half life)

Gotcha. I was at 5 meals a day but starting today will add 1 meal and the 2 shakes and go from there. I was maintaining at the calories I was eating before so I'm gonna shoot for 3500-3600 calories now and see how that goes. Thanks for the replys

Reactions: Onk
Well done OP.... a well planned cycle, and hopefully you have tweaked it following good advice above.

I'd personally run the Deca a touch higher than 400mg and MOST DEFINITELY either have Prami on hand - or even better take it at a low dose throughout the cycle.

Once you get Deca dick - it takes a little while to get that Prolactin down again.

Why don't you post up your revised cycle with adjustments made re: advice - and we can give a final critique before you get the ball rolling.

Welcome to the boards buddy, reps to you for a sensible plan. :)

Gotcha. I was at 5 meals a day but starting today will add 1 meal and the 2 shakes and go from there. I was maintaining at the calories I was eating before so I'm gonna shoot for 3500-3600 calories now and see how that goes. Thanks for the replys

cool, let us know how it goes. Remember that as you gain weight, your TDEE will increase and you need to add more calories to keep up.

Revised cycle is as follows;
Week 1-14 500mg test e/500mg Deca
Week 15-16 500 mg test e
Liquidex .25 eod, prami .25 eod
Calorie intake - 3800
Lifting 5 x week
Cardio 3 x week x 30 mins
PCT - Clomid/Nolvadex
First pin was yesterday, party on wayne

Last run everything ran smooth dex .25 eod. I ordered prami won't get it til I'm already on my 2nd week. My guy said to run the deca at 600 but I read 400 is plenty and anything over that will increase negative side effects tenfold? Already planning on upping my calories maybe throw a shake or 2 in per day I already eat all day it seems thanks for your input!
400mg ew is more than enough IMO

Back