Test E question

Blastfrompast

Coming out of retirement
Got my powder and all products to make my own gear. Not the problem. So, I choose the cooktop method. Got all my stuff in a 1 quart ball jar. Just cooking up 10g powder, 33.5ml GSO, 1.5ml BA and 7.5 BB = 50cc @200mg. I place the jar in pot and got the boiling temp around 200 degrees. At the end when I was filtering, there is a build-up of gel-like substance that won't go through the filter. Is the some type of filler product that they used in the powder? I only noticed it about 30cc's into filter process. Thanks
fire away

Got my powder and all products to make my own gear. Not the problem. So, I choose the cooktop method. Got all my stuff in a 1 quart ball jar. Just cooking up 10g powder, 33.5ml GSO, 1.5ml BA and 7.5 BB = 50cc @200mg. I place the jar in pot and got the boiling temp around 200 degrees. At the end when I was filtering, there is a build-up of gel-like substance that won't go through the filter. Is the some type of filler product that they used in the powder? I only noticed it about 30cc's into filter process. Thanks
fire away

Yeah, sounds like you got more than Test E in that powder. Whatever it is in the powder is not soluble in the BB and GSO like Test E is so it is staying around in a solid form looking like a gel cause its in your solution but hasn't dissolved like the Test did. So in other words, you probably got some cut product where you might have 60% Test and 40% whatever the junk is so that the supplier saved 40% on the shit!

If you're using a syringe filter then you will probably have a really shitty time with this but if there is ANY real test in your powder then just make your stuff up like normal and run it thru a Nalgene bottle top filter with a vacuum source, this has a shitload more surface space and will allow your product to go thru and leave the junk behind.
You wanna find some way to weigh the junk left behind and subtract it from your total of 10 grams to find out how many grams of real shit actually made it through to your gear then for the next batch you can know how much extra to add to actually get your 10 grams worth and your 200mg/ml.
Get it?

Jstarks

Thanks for your reply. I wouldnt say that it is a 60/40 ratio. If I was a betting man, more like 90/10 ratio. 10 being the filler or whatever is in it. So, J do you think my cooking temp is ok? Since the melting point is in the 90's. And I will try cooking litrtle longer. ANd my final solution looks great.
Thanks again brothers.

Thanks for your reply. I wouldnt say that it is a 60/40 ratio. If I was a betting man, more like 90/10 ratio. 10 being the filler or whatever is in it. So, J do you think my cooking temp is ok? Since the melting point is in the 90's. And I will try cooking litrtle longer. ANd my final solution looks great.
Thanks again brothers.

Yeah, I was just throwing numbers around. I wasn't implying that the ratios I gave were exact. There is no way (unless laboratory tested) really that you would know exactly what the ratio is. 200-220 F is okay, just get the water to boil then try it a little longer is what I would say. You should be able to see when everything dissolves. Once dissolved you're good. Filter while warm.

Yep. I waited till everything was crystal clear and all was melted down. I guess my main question is. Can I immediately filter right out of the boil? The last time I let it sit for 10mins before filtering. And J thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Yep. I waited till everything was crystal clear and all was melted down. I guess my main question is. Can I immediately filter right out of the boil? The last time I let it sit for 10mins before filtering. And J thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

This all depends on your filter system and media (media is the type material that is in the filter PTFE, PVDF, Nylon etc...) In most common filter types for this type stuff the answer would be no! You should wait maybe 10 min or so like you did and give it some cool off because most filters cannot hold up to the heat and will desintagrate (my spelling sucks) the filter integrity. But you got to understand that coming from 200-225 degrees and cooling for 5-10 min the stuff is still 150 or so, maybe 120 degrees which is probably okay for filtering in normal filters.
I usually turn the oven on about 180 or warm, then I run the batch through a bottle top Nalgene filter system first, then I put it in the warm oven, usually about 80- 100 mls worth, I suck up 10ccs and leave the rest in the oven (right here I'm syringe filtering, I'm just cautious and this double filtering is not necessary), once I filter that 10 cc I open oven and draw out another 10 cc and over and over until I finish and then my stuff stays warm the whole time I'm filtering. Don't leave it in the oven on more than warm.

Last edited:
J

Thanks a million-bro. PVDF is what I am using. Filtering the first batch wasnt that bad. Of course I have done tren in the past. I do want to in the future, I do want to try the Nalgene bottle top filter with a vacuum source -brake bleeder kit. But, only working with 100grams this first go around. But, again thanks J.

Back