Testing Powder Purity

cool dude

I wonder if there's a way to test powder for purity or even for authenticity. I mean what if u buy something thinking it's one thing and it turns out to be something totaly different. I was just daydreaming and started thinking; you make up 100 caps of what u think is anavar and 1 week in you're all bloated and getting these horrible back pumps.LOL I appreciate all input. Just curious to know if maybe there's a kit for that specific purpose

melting points are one way to see if you got what u were supposed to get. testE has a different melting temp than deca does and so on.... as for purity u are on your own. better trust u have a good source thats not getting scraps from else where

Melting points are the only way for the average guy, once made you could send off a unmarked sample to see the hormone concentration of the batch, I am not sure on how to approach doing it though.

If a product is 100% pure then it has a sharp melting point of 1 degree Celsius everytime you repeat it on a meltemp. Problem is most powders are 95-99 pure based on what the suppliers claim. Even with impurities you can see the various bends and stretches on the IR machine. You can always compare it to the IR spectra Sigma Aldrich has. Too bad the cheapest IR machines are over 10 grand and a bitch to maintain. I miss the days of working with GC, IR, and chromatography machines at the uni.

If a product is 100% pure then it has a sharp melting point of 1 degree Celsius everytime you repeat it on a meltemp. Problem is most powders are 95-99 pure based on what the suppliers claim. Even with impurities you can see the various bends and stretches on the IR machine. You can always compare it to the IR spectra Sigma Aldrich has. Too bad the cheapest IR machines are over 10 grand and a bitch to maintain. I miss the days of working with GC, IR, and chromatography machines at the uni.

Yeah, Im sure theres equipment that can accurately determine purity but as u say, they're all out of reach to the common guy

Back