Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) Opinions/ advice

^^^^^ This was going to be my suggestion also as this could help boost T naturally - especially when you begin to drop some BF. I would not have started injections with a T level similar to yours - there would definitely be benefits to starting but you would be making a lifelong financial and lifestyle commitment that is not yet necessary. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Yikes I wish I had natural numbers like that. I am 30 and was in pretty good shape when I had my tests done and my total was only 316 and my doc still wouldn't treat me. I decided to self admin. but if I had a higher number I would have waited. If I were you I would wait a while, pinnign every week does get old and I would not get into it unless I really had to. clean up the diet, healthy fats, more rest and things should get better. If they don't then jab away!

Thanks for all the input guys. After doing quite a bit of online research and some help from yawl, I am going to start taking the following:

Vitamin D3 - 5000 iu/day
Astaxanthin 12mg/day (not related to Test, but might help with some joint pain I have)
fish oil with 500mg EPA 250 DHA - my blood test showed that my HDL is 60 which is borderline too low
Multivitamin that includes 25mg zinc/day
melatonin 5mg/night to help with sleep

In addition I will try to find a gym to join to start doing some weight lifting because I read that lifting heavy weights at low reps can help increase T. I know my overall number isn't bad but my free Test is pretty low.

I guess I will try the above and get retested again in about 3 months, or not if I feel great.

All of the above being said I hate to see the $500 I spent on the blood tests and physical go to waste by not following through on the program - I guess thats just the inner cheap bastard in me. (logical me learned in econ 101 not to consider sunk costs when making a decision)
:scratchhe

Thanks for all the input guys. After doing quite a bit of online research and some help from yawl, I am going to start taking the following:
Vitamin D3 - 5000 iu/day
Astaxanthin 12mg/day (not related to Test, but might help with some joint pain I have)
fish oil with 500mg EPA 250 DHA - my blood test showed that my HDL is 60 which is borderline too low
Multivitamin that includes 25mg zinc/day
melatonin 5mg/night to help with sleep

In addition I will try to find a gym to join to start doing some weight lifting because I read that lifting heavy weights at low reps can help increase T. I know my overall number isn't bad but my free Test is pretty low.

I guess I will try the above and get retested again in about 3 months, or not if I feel great.

All of the above being said I hate to see the $500 I spent on the blood tests and physical go to waste by not following through on the program - I guess thats just the inner cheap bastard in me. (logical me learned in econ 101 not to consider sunk costs when making a decision)
:scratchhe

Come here next time and we will teach you how to get all your lab work for around $100 and help you interpret it all.

I would up the vitamin D to 10,000 iu/day.

5mg of melatonin (melt under your tongue) is fine if you need to take it right when you want to go to bed. But a better approach, if you can plan ahead a bit, is to take 1 or 2 mg about two hours before you want to go to sleep. That does a better job of shifting your sleep cycle. The 1-2mg pills can just be the swallow with water kind which are a lot cheaper. I keep both pill types/strengths on hand and use them as needed. For example if I have a late night hockey game, I don't have time for the lower dose to kick in.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I will up the vit D accordingly, is there any way to have too much of it?
Please let me know how to get my blood checked so inexpensively. I would like to track my progress (if any) for fun even if it isn't really necessary. I saw home test kits on amazon for about $30 but they can only measure total and I think I need to be more concerned about my free levels.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I will up the vit D accordingly, is there any way to have too much of it?
Please let me know how to get my blood checked so inexpensively. I would like to track my progress (if any) for fun even if it isn't really necessary. I saw home test kits on amazon for about $30 but they can only measure total and I think I need to be more concerned about my free levels.

Read the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) stickies. That's why they are there. :) They tell you how to order hormone panels using Private MD - Buy Lab Tests Online

You can add in vitamin D and any other things you want to check too. Do a search on their site using the word "panel" as they offer better values than ordering a la carte.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Search for female hormone panel on here. You'll find out how to get the tests.

Yes, you can ingest too much Vit D3. If you were his to stay in the sunlight, your body would naturally stop the production of D3, if it began to rise too high. When supplementing D3, your body cannot regulate the intake. With that said, don't take 100,000iu's a day for a year - you'll have issues. 10,000iu/day for 30-60days should get your D3 levels to the optimal range of 50-80 and then you can likely drop down to 5000iu's per day.

Back