Testosterone use cause problem with adrenal glands?

NorCalTRT

Anybody know of correlation between test and problems with the adrenal gland getting out of whack. Test level about 1000. Estrodiol was in check.

Symptoms are pins and needles/pain in hands and feet, flushing, itchiness. Triggers causing symptoms are heat, stress, any kind of exertion. It has gotten worse as the temps increase. The other day was driving in traffic; weaving, braking, passing, usually drives my wife crazy but I usually have no problem, but it did. Even playing a video game gave me a problem.

May not be related to testosterone use and doctor is doing test of 24-hour urine sample but I thought I would ask if there is any info here.

Testosterone is one of those ubiquitous molecules that affects just about everything in us men. One of the connections that few men realize is that testosterone even affects your adrenals, the "stress glands" of the body. The adrenals are the endocrine glands that sit next to the kidneys and produce such critical stress hormones as cortisol, ephinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine (noradrenaline). However, the adrenals also make an important stress modulator, DHEA that acts in a complimentary fashion to cortisol in particular. The adrenals even make a little testosterone, although you get most of your T from the testes of course.

Testosterone and Your Adrenals

Testosterone is one of those ubiquitous molecules that affects just about everything in us men. One of the connections that few men realize is that testosterone even affects your adrenals, the "stress glands" of the body. The adrenals are the endocrine glands that sit next to the kidneys and produce such critical stress hormones as cortisol, ephinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine (noradrenaline). However, the adrenals also make an important stress modulator, DHEA that acts in a complimentary fashion to cortisol in particular. The adrenals even make a little testosterone, although you get most of your T from the testes of course.

Testosterone and Your Adrenals

Great article. I just added another favorite site LOL.

Thanks mike

Never heard of adrenal fatigue, but my symptoms are just the opposite.........overactive adrenal activity.

That's because "adrenal fatigue" is a fake disease term created by a bunch of people wishing to make money from treating it :)

Now "adrenal insufficiency" is a legitimate concern when it comes to any pituitary disorders that result in insufficient hormone stimulation being given to the adrenals.

Good read on the topic for those interested:
https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/fatigued-by-a-fake-disease/

Zilla, I'm curious to know do you think hCG is important in Adrenal fucntion if on TRT/blast/cruising? I have come across reports of people saying they have noticed after the addition of hCG into their TRT protocol the sense of well-being and energy that slowly tappered down after going on TRT came back.

I'm suspecting this is due to the Pregnelone and every hormone inbetween that and Test that is actually required.

Will be adding in hCG when I see my doc next at 250i 2x per week along with my 200mg Test and see if this makes any difference in energy, stress coping, etc etc

Zilla, I'm curious to know do you think hCG is important in Adrenal fucntion if on TRT/blast/cruising? I have come across reports of people saying they have noticed after the addition of hCG into their TRT protocol the sense of well-being and energy that slowly tappered down after going on TRT came back.

I'm suspecting this is due to the Pregnelone and every hormone inbetween that and Test that is actually required.

Will be adding in hCG when I see my doc next at 250i 2x per week along with my 200mg Test and see if this makes any difference in energy, stress coping, etc etc

I think the Pregnelone effect has a lot to do with it as does the increase in cortisol production that accompanies HCG use (since adrenal insufficiency results in much lower cortisol production, which can effect your mood/energy, etc).
The protocol you have planned should certainly help.

IIRC low SHBG may also play a role in why people don't feel great when they first start TRT - something to consider.

Yes I also have low SHBG, from what I've read the best way around it is more frequent injections. How, I'm not sure of the science of reasoning behind that but IIRC was something to do with how SHBG transports the hormone not just binding it. I pin 2x weekly and it works far better compared to 1x weekly, but I think that applies for most anyway.

I'm currently supplementing my TRT dose of Test and HCG WITH Pregnelone....
I haven't really noticed much difference, would you say taking the two together may be overkill?
I take 250iu HCG twice a week and 50mg Pregnelone daily

Wouldn't Pregnelone be pointless if your running hCG? hcg=LH. Lh stimulates LDL>Pregnelone>whatever downstream hormones so DHEA, Test, Cortisol etc etc... THere's a chart showing what turns into what

Wouldn't Pregnelone be pointless if your running hCG? hcg=LH. Lh stimulates LDL>Pregnelone>whatever downstream hormones so DHEA, Test, Cortisol etc etc... THere's a chart showing what turns into what

I had a brief convo with Halfwit recently who also runs the two together...
I had noticed a diminished libido (only slightly) and he suggested that I add the Pregnenolone to see if it would help.

Gonna be honest here and say that the science behind the synergy baffles me though!

Back