The Difficult Road Ahead : 3J Client : I just need Possible

OK so a busy weekend with work. Today, I had a bit more of a rest. Tomorrow is my only day off work ALL summer. I have some short days but other than tomorrow I have ZERO holidays. Still, I'll be heading into the gym in the morning and then busing it out to Costco to get my chicken and olive oil. Gotta remember to bring the eco bags with me.

Was at a friends this afternoon. Lots of snacks going back and forth between them. Lots of Costco cookies and raisins covered in chocolate. That's when things got tempting. I just kept telling myself "You've got some protein pudding at home." I got a decent whey isolate to make some chocolate protein pudding. Not as good as the non-isolate but still pretty good. Put a little zero calorie caramel on that and BOOM.

Sleep is always weird. I get to about 4 or 5 hours and I wake up. I try to sleep more but I can't. I'm guessing this is carb related.

I started my 50mcg of igf lr3 today. Obviously nothing to report on that yet.

Another tough day yesterday as far as diet. I met with friends to see their new baby. Cute little girl.

They knew I had dietary restrictions so we went to Shabu Shabu which is basically a big boiling pot of water where you dip thing pieces of meat and pour in veggies to eat. It was a buffet style. There was rice, noodles and all sorts of things I can't eat right now. They were good and didn't bring any carbs to the table. I told them to eat rice etc but they decided to follow along with what I ate. Luckily they also had thin pieces of chicken so I did a lot of chicken with veggies. All boiled. Quite healthy but when you eat out you don't know how many calories you eat. I stayed on the safe side and ate what I eyeballed as 'normal'.

Made sure I got my training done. I've definitely lost strength this week. To be expected I suppose. Sleep is still odd, but in a good way. Keto does strange things to me.

OK, done training shoulders. Getting through cardio sucks. 3J told me not to go so hard on it but I keep lowering the intensity and it still gets harder to get through my 25 minutes.
2 more weeks. Halfway there. I'm just now finding out that the prize for the competition is a nice 50 inch 4K television. Hopefully I'll have a brand new TV to browse Youtube with. My current TV actually hasn't been on much since I moved.

Trained shoulders, again feeling like I lost some strength. Forgot (Or lost) my straps somewhere so I wasn't able to go heavy on shrugs.

Was going to go for a massage but got a haircut instead. Why? I have no idea.

Tomorrow is my weigh in. Looking forward to it.

Well...something is not right. I weighed in 0.4 kg heavier. I shouldn't be heavier. Waiting for 3J to chime in before I come to any conclusions of my own.

Neck, chest, waist, hip etc all went down, so that's a plus.

I gotta tip my hat to the guys and girls who do contest prep for months. I'm only 3 weeks in for this competition and nowhere even close to what the pros do, and I'm feeling it. The craving for carbs and bad food. I have to avoid the different parts of the supermarket. Can't go into a 7-11. Have to clear my mind of food when I'm hungry and ALWAYS have chicken on me.

Tomorrow I weigh in. Hopefully I'm down this week.

Nothing to do but go to bed early I suppose. Otherwise I'll be up looking at Youtube videos on 10,000 calorie challenges (I might add that I think I can do 10,000 calories in a morning)

So energy is pretty low this week. Things were made harder by attending events that had lots and lots of beer and fried food. I snuck in some zero calorie, zero alcohol beer and filled a couple of glasses that way. I actually had a good time even though I didn't drink or eat. Watching people stumble around was quite interesting.

Today is arms days. I like arms day. Cardio sucks, but what are you gonna do. I lost 2 kgs between Monday and Thursday, so that's good. How much of that is fat/muscle I don't know but I'm hoping mostly fat.

I've got another party Sunday where I will be drinking zero calorie zero alcohol beer. I'll likely end up at the kids table playing games while the adults devour all sorts of goodness. I actually had a dream last night that everyone wanted to go to Burger King and I said I couldn't. When you start dreaming like that you know your brain is looking for food.

Final stretch***8230;official weigh in for the body transformation competition is tomorrow. 3J has me down to 1.8 liters of water for the day. This is hard considering I drink close to 8 on average. Its 6pm and Ive only got about .5 liters left and thirsty as fook. Just gonna be sipping and saving the rest for post cardio and the dinner and bed.

And the results are that I dropped a little over 12% body fat. About 1.5 kg of the total 16 kg I lost was muscle, so I held onto a good amount.

The testing method was not a perfect method but what can a guy do?

The struggle continues though as I'm still 20***65291;% BF. And would like to be 15% or lower by the end of the year.

Gonna sleep. After consuming about 3 liters of water I'm feeling tired. The fasted cardio added to that feeling. Lucky for me it's an hour by train to work from now.

Alright, so it's back to normal life.

Had my 200 carb day today. Feeling a little bloated. However, when I hit the gym (Arms Day) I felt awesome. The pumps were awesome...I felt BIG. Although I'm not shredded by any means. Doing triceps extensions I could see the size of my arm was bigger than I thought and wish I could've taken a picture. No pictures allowed though.

I've hoped on board another contest. This one is for the gym I go to only, not nation wide. Unfortunately, my 12% drop was not the biggest of the bunch. The manager at the gym was saying he was seeing numbers as high as 20% drops. Again, I think it's just the testing method. It's all good though. He thinks I'm in the top 100. That'll get me a coupon or something I think. Doesn't matter, gotta focus on next.

All that really matters is where you started, where you are now, and where to plan on being in the future. From what I have seem from you so far, the world is your oyster!

Been too long since I updated.

First, the none diet/training stuff:

1. Had a wee bit of a health scare. Thought I had canceroua lumps in my shoulders and back. Turned out to be scar tissue (injections) and fatty deposits. No surgery required unless they become painful.

2. Had my bank account hacked and half my savings stolen. Debit cards are new in Japan. I think just 4 years old. Someone got my info and took out cash in different European countries. Bank took their time in figuring out those transactions seemed 'strange'. I'm insured but it takes 3 to 6 months for the money to be put back. Of course they don't tell you that when you sign up and after a thorough read through the small print, there's no mention of a wait time either.

Now the diet and training:

1. I won 20th place in Japan for most bf% lost. The top prize went to someone who lost 18% the rest of the top people were 10% to 14%. I lost just above 12%.

2. After stress and weight loss stalling, I got back to it for the winter transformation competition. Most of the summer group gained back weight while I lost some. Our starting weight for the competition is our summer weight. Hope to do well.

3. Currently full keto for this month (2 weeks in. 2 weeks to go.) 12/12 is the official weigh in. I'm about 4 kg down from my summer weight.

4. I've got to learn not to expect big drops in weight like before since I've dropped so much. Things are starting to slow down. Good and bad I suppose.

I wish doughnuts and potato chips were zero calorie keto friendly…but Google says it's not. Cucumber sticks it is.

Man, I am SOOO there with you on the doughnuts! And with M&Ms. I lie to myself and say the peanut ones are good for me.

Alright, so it seems as though this cold/fever and meds had me holding some water. I stepped on the scale and was down almost 1kg more the day after my weigh-in...so this keto month mini prep before the holidays is really working it's magic. Hopefully it continues.

I've already been told AGAIN to get a new suit etc as my current garb isn't working well for my 'image'. The loose skin absolutely sucks balls. I just can't wait for turkey and potatoes on Christmas day...first real Christmas in almost 18 years. Going home for the holidays

Way too long since my last update:

12/21: I left for Canada and weighed in at my lowest ever, 98 kilograms. My face especially looked sunken in at the time.
12/21-27: Surprised my entire family with my visit. People were amazed at the transformation. My mom was worried because my face looked less round that she had ever remembered. During my vacation I knew I was going to indulge in all the food I never get to eat because I live in Japan. There are just some foods that you can't get. I planned on hitting the gym as well and was in for 3 days.
12/28: My body decided to fight back against all the garbage I ate and I spent 2 days in bed and around the toilet. Couldn't even think of food. I figured something like this would happen.
12/30-01/06: I was wiser about my food choices/portion sizes. I did NOT go to the gym. I tried to rest as much as possible. This was the first vacation I had in 8 years.

The day before leaving Canada I had the courage to weigh myself. I gained 12 kilograms. Mind you, some of that was glycogen (I think) and some of it water (I'm sure). As soon as I got back to Japan I got back into my routine at the gym and back on a keto diet. Next month I'm back with 3J.

While I don't plan on stepping on the scale until that first week of February, I FEEL like I've lost some of the weight (Fat) but we'll see how much damage was done going into February. How long will it take to get down to 98 kilograms? And how long will it take to get down to under 90 kilograms? Let's see...

Back