Thinking of switching from BB to DB.

Golden_Muscle

Hybrid Athlete
Im thinking of switching from barbells to dumbells for chest. Im really strong at barbell presses, but pretty damn weak at using dumbells because I never really used them for presses. Will I lose strength on the barbell if I start using dumbells for a few months? Thanks.

I found that when I switched to DB's for a while, my BB strength increased. I also feel I get a better workout using DBs as opposed to the bar.

no u won't u will most likley gain strenght or stay the same. Since each arm is independed you will work the lagging area of your chest. The way i do is incline db followed by flat barbell and then i switch it up. flat db and incline barbell. It works pretty good. Keeping reps in the 6 reps.

DB's call in a different bunch of support muscles, you'll see results in your lifts. don't forget "incline" the best chest buster there is. DB or BB IMHO

i love using dumbells only problem i have is they only go up to 150 lbs at the gym. i am trying to talk the owner into buying atleast 200 lb dumbells.

i switch on and off or do a combo of both

I rarely use barbells anymore. I pretty much use dumbbells for everything. I seem to get a better workout, more muscle contraction.

no 150's that sucks bro

i think all gyms should have dumbells that go up to 200lbs. still trying to get the owner to get the 200 lb db's. they are not cheap

i myself prefer db's over bb's! i get a better stretch and better workout from them. i can flat and incline bench 130's for 5-6 reps. my body looks better when doing db's. i may throw in declies after my db's, but its db's forst for me!

TH

house1 said:
i love using dumbells only problem i have is they only go up to 150 lbs at the gym. i am trying to talk the owner into buying atleast 200 lb dumbells.

i switch on and off or do a combo of both

DAMN!:eek:

I use db's as the bb's put too much strain on my shoulder. My physical therapist told me that it would be best to stay away from the bb's. He also told me that it would help strengthen my weaker arm.:D

Back