TNE in EO Crashed

northern

So I decided to make TNE in EO @ 100mg/ml. Here is the recipe I used

2%BA
20%BB
10% Guaiacol or Super solvent
21grams TNE
EO to add remaining liquid.

Well due to an error I added 20 mils to much of the EO soo i ended up with 230 mls of Solution with 21grams TNE which is 91mg/ml about. So I added 2.6 or so grams and ended up just above the 100mg/ml mark and had 233mls of solution. Well I filtered and put it into 11 20ml bottles and crimped it. Mind you I lost 13 mils filtering and my concentrations of BA BB and Guaiacol were now 1.8%, 18.6% and 8.8/9% respectively.

Well after 10hours it had alll fallen out i mean there were and inch of crystals at the bottom of each bottle. SO i heated them for 12hrs at about 140 degrees. I took them off this time they stayed in the solution for 24 hours + before a tiny bit fell out. Now a small clump sits at the bottom of each vial 12 hours after the first time i noticed it falling out again. I checked it 6 hours after that and again about 1/8th of an inch of the bottom was covered with crystals. Getting better only 25% as much as the first fall out. By small clump I mean 1/20th what fell out the first time around.

What should I do? Do I add more guaiacol or do I heat again? Also does anyone have a surefire recipe for TNE in EO using Guaiacol that wont fall out?

Thanks guys!

I'm suprised that crystalized with that homebrew formula. I recently made an identical batch that didn't re-crystalize. Hmmmmm...when did you add the guaiacol? I always add mine after everything has been heated for 10-20min. It's my belief that anything over 15% guaiacol causes inj site discomfort but you could add some and see if it held. If I were you I'd add more EO to bring the concentration down to 75mg/ml and hope it holds.

Thanks for the idea that is what I am going to try. I added the guaiacol with everything at the begining and heated it and filtered. What is interedting is only 1/4 of what crashed the first time has crashed the second time. I am first going to heat it again and see how that goes. If that makes it any better I will keep reheating if not I will reduce the concentration.

Why would TNE crash with those ratios of BA and BB? I thought that those ratios would work for prop or any other short ester. What is guaiacol? Whats a good ratio of BA and BB alone in oil for TNE and prop that wont crash?

Testosterone No Ester in not really soluable in oil. Therefore Guaiacol is a that stuff sold as "super solvent" It helps stuff go into a solution.

Anybody have any help for my dilema?

Back