training to get big

John102london

so right now im doing 5x5's for my big basic lifts like squat deadlift bench shoulderpress and standing barbell curl.. the rest of my sets wit diff excercises i do around 3 sets of 8 with heavy weight then i like to do 50% of the first weight i started with and just go untill failure.. which usually isnt much after prob 10-15 reps should i keep up with this route or change up my workout for when i start my cycle, so far this has gotten me from a skinny fucker in highschool (around 170) to right now im sitting at 200, 6'2 but im still pretty skinny (i think) im 23 years old now

oh and i just started the 5x5 routein about 3 months ago.. before that i was doing most of my workouts like starting set warmup, then 50, 12 reps, 60 8 reps 70 6 reps 80 4 reps then 50% of the first set untill failure in that type of pattern for most excercises

I think if you stick with that , you will do fine. Time will tell. Sometimes when we dont see the results right away we get dismayed. i have a friend thats makes good gains like every 6 months, he really doesnt change that much in between. its hard to get adapted to that style of workout when ur only 23. At that age any workout worked great for me. So if you need to mix it up just train different for a month.... Gl man .

Back