Ufc 95: February 21, 2009

His stand up was shitty. Clown baby really left himself open.

yeah, it was just funny timing with the comments. they also seemed determined to build up koscheck. spent plenty of time saying what a great athlete he is and how he has improved his stand up so much. i guess they were told to push him on us.

They called that fight too early. While he was knocked down and was out for a brief second he was already recovering. I say this especially since two other fights on that same card the fighters were knocked out worse and the fight was allowed to continue.

I dont know, i think koscheck was OUT, if you look at his eyes, they were everywhere, and his arms were extended not towards thiago, but more to the side, it would have been the same result if the ref had continued the fight

I guess koscheck's opponents from now on, when he dips his head to throw that wild right over hand, they will time it iwth an uppercut. Maybe kos should go back to his wrestling style?

Kos was awake as soon as he hit the ground. It was a bad stoppage. Both the Cobb and Struve stoppages were very questionable as well, but Koscheck's was by far the worst. For an example of a perfect stoppage see the Dunham/Eklund fight.

I knew Maia would sub Sonnen, but I didn't think Sonnen was stooooopid enough to roll into that Triangle from the bottom. I was like "Oh shit, come out the back.... oh no, nooooo, you moron."

Kos was awake as soon as he hit the ground. It was a bad stoppage. Both the Cobb and Struve stoppages were very questionable as well, but Koscheck's was by far the worst. For an example of a perfect stoppage see the Dunham/Eklund fight.

Koscheck was OUTTTT

i agree, the stoppage was early. he seemed pretty calm about it though.

i agree, the stoppage was early. he seemed pretty calm about it though.

It was his fault for getting crushed. I don't think his career will be too badly de-railed because he wasn't directly in line for a title shot anyway, but it's sad because I'm 90% sure Kos would have won that fight if it hadn't been stopped when it was. That guy recovers in half a second.

flash ko is a ko sometimes. You recover 2 seconds after you get hurt, the ref may have already stopped it, same thing in boxing. If you get up at 11 that means you lost.

flash ko is a ko sometimes. You recover 2 seconds after you get hurt, the ref may have already stopped it, same thing in boxing. If you get up at 11 that means you lost.

It's not the same thing at all. There is no 10 count in MMA. When you are truly knocked out, you're out, you don't wake up when you hit the ground.

Definitely TOO early; no question. We've all seen fights go far past this point including GSP vs Serra. And then this same card we just watched had two other fights that were allowed to go further and they were far worse then Kos. If he cannot defend himself then yes, stop the fight immediately, but he wasn't even given a chance. He had both his hands up and feet which are clear signs to anybody with half a brain that he could defend himself in the early stages of being dropped; giving him a chance to prove it is what should have happened.

Back