UFC Purchases Strikeforce

mlc31

I am banned!
The UFC just bought Strikeforce. Dana White says all Strikeforce contracts will be honored. I'm not really a Strikeforce fan but not sure how I feel about this. The UFC can definitely run an organization better than SF can, but is it good for the sport? The SF fighters (the ones that have their contracts renewed) will be paid better. Either way it should be interesting. Certainly can't fault Dana or the Fertitta brothers for wanting to corner the market.

The UFC just bought Strikeforce. Dana White says all Strikeforce contracts will be honored. I'm not really a Strikeforce fan but not sure how I feel about this. The UFC can definitely run an organization better than SF can, but is it good for the sport? The SF fighters (the ones that have their contracts renewed) will be paid better. Either way it should be interesting. Certainly can't fault Dana or the Fertitta brothers for wanting to corner the market.

OMFG!!!!!!!!! MORE SCRAWNY ASS WHITE BOYS WHO THINK THEY'RE BADASS ROLLING AROUND WITH OTHER DUDES IN THEIR UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a winning combo to me ;)

There are definitely some scrawny ass white and latino fighters in there, especially in the 135lb and 145lb classes. Some of those guys can scrap though:)

With this purchase of the competition I am hoping he didnt just shoot himself in the foot with this . I mean look at the wrestling entertainment business and when Vince bought his competition WCW.

It is still in the gutter in my book but started to get a lil more interesting when TNA started to rise , but cmon there is not enough money there to be a real threat Yet.

I say with this purchase like already mentioned we will get to see some of the fights many have only talked about on the forums. Cane vs Overeem, a Fedor , lesnar fight as many said they would love to see.

Could be very profitable for awhile for the UFC, time will tell. I think we will be having more PPV's thrown our way now, but then again there could be more free Spike Tv fights as well .

UfC will do what it does everytime it buys out a another promotion.After all commitments and contracts are done with SF,they will dissolve it and most fighters will be put into UFC, it will take some time, 2 yrs. max i say. Pride ,WEC,ETC it happens eveytime.

UFC future goals ive read Dana White say somewhere that they are shooting for 100 yes 100 shows a year PPV,Fight nights combined. Pretty nice if your a fan of it.

I would love to have a UFC "Friday Night Fights" show every week except on PPV weekends. There is definitely enough talent out there to fill the cards.

Fighter Options

Dana is just eliminating the competition so that fighters don't have other options in big promotions. By getting rid of competition Dana gets to keep paying the fighters what he feels like paying them, and not what a competitive market will bear. Smart move!

cain vs overeem this summer

Dana White said that there won't be any Strikeforce vs UFC until Strikeforce's contract with Showtime is up. Then the UFC will just assimalate them like they did with the WEC.

If a fighter's contract is completed then Dana White said it's up to them if they want to resign or go into the other organization.

Overeem vs Cain won't happen until Overeem wins the Grand Prix (If he wins it) and his contract is finished with Strikeforce.

Back