Usage of Creatine effects doubt -- Am I being duped ?

Saahib

Hello,

I exercise casually, 2-3 days a week due to my busy schedule. I was off for 3 months with very bad lifestyle, no time to eat food and lots of physical activities. Recently I decided to start again. With goal to gain mass, I decided to go for mass gainer which comes with creatine monohydrate from a reputed brand at my place. Every scoop contains 5gm of creatine, taking its two scoop (60 gm each) a day means I have 10gm of creatine going inside and has 1:3 protein carb ratio. Last time I took creatine was many years ago and so that is not first time

The thing is that, though I am coming from 3 months off, but within a week I found myself where I left, I feel so energetic and powerful and also gained around 5lbs in 2 weeks. This got me worried, is it effect of creatine with proper diet or its that I am being fed with steroid adultred supplement ?

I am 28 now and have low test , generally falls on average of 3, I got my total testosterone done yestearday , found 3.96 ngml.
I am taking this supplement for more than 2 weeks.

I don't want to sound paranoid but whats your views regarding following:

1. Can creatine give you dramatic effects if you are taking it after a very long time and sedentary lifestyle ?
2. Say, if someone is taking medium dose of oral steroid, how much it can affect person's T level in 2 weeks ?

Excuse me if my question sounds stupid but advice and views are appreciated.

1. No, creatine isn't what is going on. It's muscle memory and probably a better diet. Three months isn't a huge amount of time, and I bet your endurance if anything is what will be lacking.

2. Your testosterone would be much lower most likely. You would have needed LH and FSH to verify though as these are reduced to zero when suppressed by AAS. I've never heard of a protein powder with steroids in it; not only would that not be cost effective, but people would start getting ill from taking a liver toxic substance for months/years on end.

What do you mean buy an average of 3? Your total test being 3ng/mL?

1. So, you mean creatine can't just give you extra boost, but as I read around, it increases your power as ATP is increased by retention of more water in muscle. What if a person is working out for, say 4 months without any AAS and then he adds creatine in his diet, he won't see any noticeable difference in his power and endurance ?

2. Well, by protein powder with AAS I mean that some thugs just get some cheapest powder, mix it with deca durabolin pills those are very very cheap and then sales those so called protein powder to ignorant people, and they get huge development thinking that it was their protein powder working. However, the one I bought is from reputed brand but again there are chances of some middleman doing some shit. Though I got it properly sealed, all signs says its original, I can also notice creatine crystal fairly visible in it.

3. Yes, by average of 3 means it generally hovers around 3ng/ml.

What do you think, from your experience, if you are being fed with oral AAS in small quantity then will see any increase in your T level, will that significant ?

If I see in my case, I find current T levels in-line with my previous test when not on T-cycle.

Otherwise, only way to know is to go for tests ie. FSH - LH

Which test should I go .. FSH only or LH or both ?

Last edited:
1. So, you mean creatine can't just give you extra boost, but as I read around, it increases your power as ATP is increased by retention of more water in muscle. What if a person is working out for, say 4 months without any AAS and then he adds creatine in his diet, he won't see any noticeable difference in his power and endurance ?

2. Well, by protein powder with AAS I mean that some thugs just get some cheapest powder, mix it with deca durabolin pills those are very very cheap and then sales those so called protein powder to ignorant people, and they get huge development thinking that it was their protein powder working. However, the one I bought is from reputed brand but again there are chances of some middleman doing some shit. Though I got it properly sealed, all signs says its original, I can also notice creatine crystal fairly visible in it.

3. Yes, by average of 3 means it generally hovers around 3ng/ml.

What do you think, from your experience, if you are being fed with oral AAS in small quantity then will see any increase in your T level, will that significant ?

If I see in my case, I find current T levels in-line with my previous test when not on T-cycle.

Otherwise, only way to know is to go for tests ie. FSH - LH

Which test should I go .. FSH only or LH or both ?

1. Yes, creatine can most certainly provide some benefits. However, if we're talking about putting an extra 50lbs on the bar in a week? No.

2. I think you need to read what you typed, think about it for a second, then have a hearty laugh. There aren't any mysterious dopers out there trying to give folks magic gains from a sealed popular brand of whey powder. Supplements used to have this issue, where they'd make generous claims - which were true, but only because they did contain (then legal) prohormones in them.

3. Have you seen a doctor regarding your testosterone? While almost 400ng/dL is considered "normal", 300ng/dL is low (296ng/dL is the common number used as a cut off for hypogonadism).

You won't see an increase in your test levels from anything but testosterone itself. I have started hearing about nandrolone causing false readings on some labs, but have yet to see it myself. If anything, your testosterone will be lower.

Yes, LH and FSH are recommended as well as estradiol. Prolactin can't hurt either, but if insurance covers it - go for it.

five pounds in 2 weeks sounds about right, that will probably be where it plateaus for you though..

Back