Using the pad while you squat.....

I use the pad and wear gloves, mmmmm silky smooth hands even in the winter
Lol at thinking not using either makes you some kind of badass, brb sleep on the floor with rock pillows, fuck comfort right!

Lol at thinking not using either makes you some kind of badass, brb sleep on the floor with rock pillows, fuck comfort right!

^^^ agree. I don't wear gloves so I got calluses. Does it make me more manly? I don't think so. Does it make my girls complaining about my rough pamls when I grab their tits? Yes.
Same thing with the pad, I'm not looking for it and generally squat without it but if it is lying in the squat rack I pick it up and use it, I don't think that comfort makes you gay.

^^^ agree. I don't wear gloves so I got calluses. Does it make me more manly? I don't think so. Does it make my girls complaining about my rough pamls when I grab their tits? Yes.
Same thing with the pad, I'm not looking for it and generally squat without it but if it is lying in the squat rack I pick it up and use it, I don't think that comfort makes you gay.

It's absolutely not the same because using the pad decreases stability which = higher risk of injury = stupidity with no real benefit.
Gloves are just a preference, you're not gonna pull out your back or crack your knees due to a poorly dumped load with them.

Last edited:
It's absolutely not the same because using the pad decreases stability which = higher risk of injury = stupidity with no real benefit.
Gloves are just a preference, you're not gonna pull out your back or crack your knees due to a poorly dumped load with them.

I get your point but unless you use super thick pads or go for a squat flirting with your M1R they are fine IMO...I wouldn't try to go really heavy with them but for a weight in the 10 reps range I never had stability issues.

Exactly..

If gloves are more comfortable and dont fuck your skin up, why wouldnt you use them..

I feel I have a much better grip with gloves.

Why do baseball players and footballs use gloves if they hinder their grip?

Baseball bats are smooth and the force of friction is minimal. Football there's not much grip strength involved in catching a football. They also deal with wet conditions so unless you're lifting in the rain it really doesn't do much but hinder.

A barbell has knurling. The knurling is all you need to grip the bar and maybe some chalk. The gloves basically increase the diameter of the barbell or dumbbell by adding another layer. Try gripping a fatboy bar or one over an inch thickness and tell me which one is easier to grip.

Baseball bats are smooth and the force of friction is minimal. Football there's not much grip strength involved in catching a football. They also deal with wet conditions so unless you're lifting in the rain it really doesn't do much but hinder.

A barbell has knurling. The knurling is all you need to grip the bar and maybe some chalk. The gloves basically increase the diameter of the barbell or dumbbell by adding another layer. Try gripping a fatboy bar or one over an inch thickness and tell me which one is easier to grip.

I hear ya.

You also feel you have a much better grip with gloves bc you're accustomed to using them. Work your grip strength without them, use chalk as needed, and ditch the gloves. After a few months I know which you'd prefer.

You also feel you have a much better grip with gloves bc you're accustomed to using them. Work your grip strength without them, use chalk as needed, and ditch the gloves. After a few months I know which you'd prefer.

I actually didnt use them for 2 years, then I started using them when my hands were getting very rough. Wife didnt like it very much lol

I will try to go back again and lotion more

Back