Vitali Klitchko vs Kirk Johnson

Fyre

HBO hosted a great card last night. Alongside of the Mesi vs Barrett fight, we got to see Vitali Klitchko vs Kirk Johnson.
One quick note on the Mesi/Barrett fight, in my opinion, if Barrett would have performed as he did in the final three rounds of the fight, I really do think that he could have won the fight. He just started up a little too late. The fight that I was looking forward to was the Vitali Klitchko vs Kirk Johnson fight. Kirk Johnson came in at a heavy, out of shape 260lbs for the fight which definitely did not help him. lol...I got a kick out of Larry Merchant calling him Krispy Kreme breath....hehehehe
Anyway, it was all Klitchko from the beginning of the fight until they stopped the fight. Johnson looked really bad. Vitali on the other hand was showing the world what he had to offer! He was focussed, and he was hungry. He seemed so calculating with all the punches that he threw as well. It was a very good fight. It would have been better if Johnson had come in in better shape than he did. Of course we knew that Vitali would call Lewis on at the end of the fight, and that of course did happen. Now, will Lewis accept?
We also got some news that George Foreman won't be co-hosting the show after February. He's going to devote some needed time to his kids, which was nice to hear. I do love listening to him talk during the bouts and will certainly miss his comments.
So, anyone else watch last nights fight?
:)

Yeah I saw the fights. What in the world was Johnson thinking? Like Jim Lampley (I think that's his name) said either Lewis stop dodging this guy and fight him or retire and let the heavyweight division move forward. Like Foreman said, Lewis should at least be seeing dollar signs.

if lewis comes to fight he will uindoubtedly tear up vitale's eye once more. oh and kirk johnson is a fta ass bitch. his theme song was freaking michael jackson. and he had gay tassles on his boots. what a chump.

tednatas said:
if lewis comes to fight he will uindoubtedly tear up vitale's eye once more. oh and kirk johnson is a fta ass bitch. his theme song was freaking michael jackson. and he had gay tassles on his boots. what a chump.

Kirk Johnson is an awesome boxer. He just came in in really bad shape this time around, which was quite disappointing.
In the last fight between Klitchko and Lewis, Klitchko looked like the stronger fighter. My money is on Klitchko again! But will Lewis keep ducking him or will he step up to the plate?

if lewis decides to give him a shot lewis will win. and yes johnsons was an excellent counter puncher. but he really had nothing on sat. night

mesi is good for a kid. hopefully he gets better. when barret went southpaw mesi looked like an amature.

tednatas said:
if lewis decides to give him a shot lewis will win. and yes johnsons was an excellent counter puncher. but he really had nothing on sat. night

yah really think Lewis will win? Did you catch their last fight?

tednatas said:
mesi is good for a kid. hopefully he gets better. when barret went southpaw mesi looked like an amature.

Yes it did seem to screw him up quite a bit. I'm sure he learned quite a lot from that fight. I think Barrett threw some things at him that he wasn't use to dealing with, the nice little mouse over his eye being one of them..lol. Also, mesi has never been knocked down in a fight either so that probably shook him up a tad as well. It was a good fight though, most definitely. :)

yes this klitchko and lewis rematch would be great, but what about Roy Jones Jr calling out Mike Tyson! now that would be something to watch.

i want to see jones jr. fight lewis. tyson isnt the boxer he once was. dont get me wrong id see it. but id prefer the jones/lewis match.
but, klitchko deserves another shot.

asiancbr94 said:
yes this klitchko and lewis rematch would be great, but what about Roy Jones Jr calling out Mike Tyson! now that would be something to watch.

Definitely a fight that I'm looking forward to. That's if it ever happens.:)

Is Klitchko's eye 100% after only 6 months? Jones and Tyson would be interesting if they could pay Jones what he's asking. I heard he wanted 100 million because he believes he's gonna endure great bodily harm at the hands of Tyson and wants to be wel compensated for it. At least, that's what he said.

dark_venom said:
Is Klitchko's eye 100% after only 6 months? Jones and Tyson would be interesting if they could pay Jones what he's asking. I heard he wanted 100 million because he believes he's gonna endure great bodily harm at the hands of Tyson and wants to be wel compensated for it. At least, that's what he said.

hahaha....well, I'd like to see where Jones said that. I highly doubt he's afraid of Tyson. You've got two very confident boxers there and I don't think either one of them would be worried about being harmed by the other. Now Tyson, will definitely want the big bucks. He's all about the money so they will have to pay him big time.

Yeah he said it, and I'll see if I can dig it up. He said it not long after beating Ruiz. He was concerned about that fight as well because he knew Ruiz fights dirty at times and said, "I have people watching out for me to make sure nothing bad happens." Those comments stuck out in my mind because I've never heard that from Roy.

Back