Water retention on my 1st cycle

coltmc45

Out of limbo
Ok so I started my first cycle 2.5 weeks ago. I'm taking 50mg dbol ed, pinning 500 mg test c and 400 mg deca split up twice a week. I started my cycle at 178 lbs and today when I hopped on the scale I'm at 190. I'm very happy with my size and strenght gains so far. No bad sides, mild acne but that's about it. I am retaining alot of water in my legs though which is a problem because I already have pretty big legs especially for my body weight. I have a ton of nolvadex and clomid on hand for my pct. I know this is a pretty big dose for my first cycle but my goal is to be 215 by the end. My diet is very clean. About 4000-4200 cals a day, at least 350 g of protein a day, with good carbs and fats. (I'm including all this info so I don't get a ton of feedback like too big of cycle, what's your diet, ect ect) My question is how can I keep my water retention down? Should I pop some nolvadex or just deal with it until I'm done with my gear? My salt intake is already pretty low except for my hot sauce on my eggs in the am :) any suggestions or advice are greatly appreciated!

Nolva will take care of a lot. But there are more effective means.. Check out RUI.
Should answer some ?'s

Ok so I started my first cycle 2.5 weeks ago. I'm taking 50mg dbol ed, pinning 500 mg test c and 400 mg deca split up twice a week. I started my cycle at 178 lbs and today when I hopped on the scale I'm at 190. I'm very happy with my size and strenght gains so far. No bad sides, mild acne but that's about it. I am retaining alot of water in my legs though which is a problem because I already have pretty big legs especially for my body weight. I have a ton of nolvadex and clomid on hand for my pct. I know this is a pretty big dose for my first cycle but my goal is to be 215 by the end. My diet is very clean. About 4000-4200 cals a day, at least 350 g of protein a day, with good carbs and fats. (I'm including all this info so I don't get a ton of feedback like too big of cycle, what's your diet, ect ect) My question is how can I keep my water retention down? Should I pop some nolvadex or just deal with it until I'm done with my gear? My salt intake is already pretty low except for my hot sauce on my eggs in the am :) any suggestions or advice are greatly appreciated!

Bro, you should already know this answer running a cycle like that.

Your putting your self in a risky situation not knowing how these compounds can effect your body and especially not having any estro protection on hand just in case of sides. Many people will develop gyno with that type of stack without the use of estro protection.

The water is coming from your body creating to much estrogen. Estrogen will make you retain water, just like a women when she is on her period or on birth control.

Get an Aromatize Inhibitor to lower your estrogen.

I would use Aromasin if you plan on using Nolvadex as apart of your PCT.

Last edited:
Don't use nolva on that cycle at all. Use an AI/diet. Deca is also notorious for this with some people as well as dbol but it's usually controlled thru diet. How is your water intake?

You don't want to hear it but this is retarded. Nothing personal but good luck figuring out what the problem is using three compounds at once for a first time.

Started 20mg nolva when I posted this and drinking alot more water and it knocked it out. Off nolva today an will take as needed. Thanks for your feedback everybody. Next cycle will for sure include Aromatase inhibitor (AI). Cycles going very good so far. So good I need to go shopping and get some new clothes. Strength, stamina, size gains are retarded so far. Really looking forward to the next few weeks when the deca and test start kicking in. Did back and BI'S today. Doing 5x5's and instead of 5x5's I did 10x5 drop sets on preacher curls and 5x5 wide Lat pull downs, narrow cable pulls, and narrow pull downs all in a row. Felt like a beast and looking like it too!

I don't believe you ^^

Your Deca is too high compared to your test. That's why you are getting acne and bloating. This is going to get worse if you don't correct the problem. Sounds like you are almost guaranteed to get gyno on this cycle. Change the Deca to 250-300mg max and dump the Dbol so you can eliminate it as a cause. I'd like to tell you to start Areomasin but I would rather see if the drop in Deca and Dbol changes anything after 2 weeks. If not you are going to need it in a big way. Water on the legs is typical pregnant lady stuff.

Last edited:
Don't believe me? Why would I lie in a post?? I'm not refuting or debating what you say is true. Like I said this is my first cycle but I did do my research on this stack before I even ordered my gear and I know this mixture at these doses are notorious for gyno and bloat. All I saying is I took 20mg of nolva for 5 days, increased my water intake dramatically, and the water retention in my legs has gone away, for now. As far as sore nips, don't have em, and I can deal with a little acne for the size and strength gains I'm seeing. I wouldn't even call it mild acne, just a little. I did order some Arimidex yesterday so I'll start it within 10 days. That's one thing I should of already had before I started I do admit. Anyways, I do appreciate everyones feedback.

Started 20mg nolva when I posted this and drinking alot more water and it knocked it out. Off nolva today an will take as needed. Thanks for your feedback everybody. Next cycle will for sure include Aromatase inhibitor (AI). Cycles going very good so far. So good I need to go shopping and get some new clothes. Strength, stamina, size gains are retarded so far. Really looking forward to the next few weeks when the deca and test start kicking in. Did back and BI'S today. Doing 5x5's and instead of 5x5's I did 10x5 drop sets on preacher curls and 5x5 wide Lat pull downs, narrow cable pulls, and narrow pull downs all in a row. Felt like a beast and looking like it too!

no ai? did you do any research or just start popping and pinning? Hope you dont have to shop for a bra soon!

i would start taking an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) right away. better safe then sorry. i took an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) my entire cycle and drank tons of water and now that im in pct ive barely lost any weight and i had minimal water retention when on cycle.

btw serms wont do anything to lower your estro.... just sayin

i would start taking an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) right away. better safe then sorry. i took an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) my entire cycle and drank tons of water and now that im in pct ive barely lost any weight and i had minimal water retention when on cycle.

btw serms wont do anything to lower your estro.... just sayin

Agree, drinking lots of water is key to not retaining water.

its dbol bloat, get an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) like aromasin

i love deca/test combo, but you could get by with half those doses on your first cycle

also, u need to hcg asap, 250 iu 2x a week with an AI

Would you guys run Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) or Arimidex, both??? My Arimidex is on the way but I can definitely get some Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) also... No I did do research before I even ordered my gear. There just seems to be so much conflicting info/opinions. I read this is a great first cycle over and over, then read just run test only. I guess that has to do with how it effects everyone differently. I decided to go ahead and go big or go home. If I only wanted togain 15 lbs in 3 months I can do it with my diet and would much rather do that then stick needles in my ass anyways. Like I said, I do admit my one mistake is not getting Aromatase inhibitor (AI) right from the start but I'll start as soon as it gets here. Will continue to post my results as I go along. Thanks again guys!

Would you guys run Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) or Arimidex, both??? My Arimidex is on the way but I can definitely get some Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) also... No I did do research before I even ordered my gear. There just seems to be so much conflicting info/opinions. I read this is a great first cycle over and over, then read just run test only. I guess that has to do with how it effects everyone differently. I decided to go ahead and go big or go home. If I only wanted togain 15 lbs in 3 months I can do it with my diet and would much rather do that then stick needles in my ass anyways. Like I said, I do admit my one mistake is not getting Aromatase inhibitor (AI) right from the start but I'll start as soon as it gets here. Will continue to post my results as I go along. Thanks again guys!
both, start them both now
run the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) asap
deca will shut you down from day 1
studies have shown that over a 12 week period, you can lose up to 98% of your leydig cells(which produce test) without hcg

so when you start your nolva/clomid, your capacity to produce test is greatly diminished
run an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) with Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) as it produces more estro than test

run the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) with Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) up until 5 days prior to the start of pct

I'm looking at doing a similar cycle and i'm concerned about water retention in my legs and the acne,
did you get any facial acne???

Ok so I started my first cycle 2.5 weeks ago. I'm taking 50mg dbol ed, pinning 500 mg test c and 400 mg deca split up twice a week. I started my cycle at 178 lbs and today when I hopped on the scale I'm at 190. I'm very happy with my size and strenght gains so far. No bad sides, mild acne but that's about it. I am retaining alot of water in my legs though which is a problem because I already have pretty big legs especially for my body weight. I have a ton of nolvadex and clomid on hand for my post cycle therapy (pct). I know this is a pretty big dose for my first cycle but my goal is to be 215 by the end. My diet is very clean. About 4000-4200 cals a day, at least 350 g of protein a day, with good carbs and fats. (I'm including all this info so I don't get a ton of feedback like too big of cycle, what's your diet, ect ect) My question is how can I keep my water retention down? Should I pop some nolvadex or just deal with it until I'm done with my gear? My salt intake is already pretty low except for my hot sauce on my eggs in the am :) any suggestions or advice are greatly appreciated!

Thanks 5x10..... Ive gotten a little. I've never been prone to acne, even in my teens. The acne I have gotten is on my shoulders and back, not any on my face. Im loving my size & strength gains. I would definitely recommend doing your research and having your post cycle therapy (pct) and unlike me, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and Aromatase inhibitor (AI), BEFORE you start. Even though this is my first cycle and I'm loving it, I would recommend doing what the experienced guys on here all say, just run test and see how your body reacts. Oh and eat eat eat (but eat clean) and drink a shit load of water, eat, rest, and eat some more.

Ok so I started my first cycle 2.5 weeks ago. I'm taking 50mg dbol ed, pinning 500 mg test c and 400 mg deca split up twice a week. I started my cycle at 178 lbs and today when I hopped on the scale I'm at 190. I'm very happy with my size and strenght gains so far. No bad sides, mild acne but that's about it. I am retaining alot of water in my legs though which is a problem because I already have pretty big legs especially for my body weight. I have a ton of nolvadex and clomid on hand for my post cycle therapy (pct). I know this is a pretty big dose for my first cycle but my goal is to be 215 by the end. My diet is very clean. About 4000-4200 cals a day, at least 350 g of protein a day, with good carbs and fats. (I'm including all this info so I don't get a ton of feedback like too big of cycle, what's your diet, ect ect) My question is how can I keep my water retention down? Should I pop some nolvadex or just deal with it until I'm done with my gear? My salt intake is already pretty low except for my hot sauce on my eggs in the am :) any suggestions or advice are greatly appreciated!

nolvadex dosent lower estrogen its a serm you need an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) like letro.

also your in lala land if you think your gonna get upto 215 from 178 of MUSCLE in one cycle lol.
35lb IS NOT goign to happen even if you stay on a 6 month cycle.
no offence but be happy to end up with 10lb gains .
In 2 weeks your seeing mostly ALL water right now, your lucky to have maybe 1lb of muscle added by now.
think of it like this: picture 1lb of steak..... ok thats a pritty big stack... you NOT going to gain 25 or 35 lbs of stake in 2-3months. maybe over 3 years yes. if all is in order with diet and trainning.
I have been cycleing for a while.
It will slow down after a while the more mass you put on.
your first cycle yes you /MIGHT if your lucky put on 15lb.in a cycle.
and im not talking water for that with dbol it could shoot up to 40 or 50lb lb (not healthy BTW) but that dont mean anything in my books.

Pick up an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) for water issues. and DRINK lots of water it makes you hold less.

Good luck.

also do more researhc you seem to be missing some of the basics here.

Don't believe me? Why would I lie in a post?? I'm not refuting or debating what you say is true. Like I said this is my first cycle but I did do my research on this stack before I even ordered my gear and I know this mixture at these doses are notorious for gyno and bloat. All I saying is I took 20mg of nolva for 5 days, increased my water intake dramatically, and the water retention in my legs has gone away, for now. As far as sore nips, don't have em, and I can deal with a little acne for the size and strength gains I'm seeing. I wouldn't even call it mild acne, just a little. I did order some Arimidex yesterday so I'll start it within 10 days. That's one thing I should of already had before I started I do admit. Anyways, I do appreciate everyones feedback.
nolva WITH deca can CAUSE gyno!! do your research!

I hope you know for deca / prog Gyno even an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) wont help right?
you need somthign else like Bromo.
no im sure you did not.
this is a VERY bad cycle and bad doses.
specially for first cycle. Ill run 1g+ og test but evenme i keep deca to 300-400mg ew and iv been cycleing for YEARS.

I think you need to stop it all and re-research and do a TEST cycle with MAYBE a mild oral in there like tbol.

right now your only asking for issues with what your doing.

Would you guys run Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) or Arimidex, both???

HCG is NOT an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) its to keep yoru ballsfrom shrinking.........

if you use Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) I rec:
500iu (injection) 2X a week about 3-4 days apart th e last 4-5 weeks of your cycle leading upto but NOT into PCT.

Back